RUSH Hair and Beauty

RUSH Hair and Beauty Employee Reviews for Front End Associate

hours are way to long . i was fortune enough to be working along side with funny , creative people . hours are extremely long can get very busy and a bit stressful . learned how to multitask.
Pros
creative
Cons
There are so many things to say that I don’t even know where to start. Firstly and the most important: RUSH DOESN’T CARE ABOUT ITS PEOPLE. THEY ARE TOO BUSY BEING HUNGRY FOR MONEY! You’re asked to do extra shifts all the time because they are always understaffed and nobody appreciates if you do so, but if you don’t they will humiliate you. As a Front of House Receptionist you’re basically doing all the manager’s job but just for £10/h because this is what they pay. They are promoting the fact that they are offering trainings. Bull***t!!! They are not offering anything. You have to learn everything by yourself. Just so you can imagine, Rush has over 90 salons. Before lockdown they used to have around 6 Area Managers. At the moment they have just 2 because everyone left. And this is just from the higher management. If you’re not related with someone from the management or if you don’t start kissing their a** don’t expect for a promotion or actually don’t expect for anything.
Pros
Cons
Every single minute spend with them.
Very fast environment to work, very busy. Good for customer service skill improvement and dealing with people face to face. Good courses to go on. Long hours though.
Pros
Good training course
Cons
Long hours on feet.
I have enjoyed my time at Rush Basildon so far, it's a fun and professional atmosphere. Everybody works like a team and always looking out for each other. There's always room to progress and they put you on any training you may need.
I've been a Front of House team member for 8 months and have already learnt so much. A typical day at rush can be very busy. You must be prepared to work hard and as a team. Rush does provide really good training not just for stylist but for receptionist too. The hardest part of my job is the late nights. My favourite part is that it’s busy. The day/night never drags and there is always something to do.
Pros
Great Colleagues
Cons
Late nights
Only when I joined RUSH I realised what does it mean to love your job. There is no same day at work, everyday is different. The team is very welcoming and overall atmosphere is great!
Pros
Getting your hair done for free
Cons
Bad place to work. All about the money. Loved the team and everyone that worked in the salon, but management aren't very professional and any issues raised with them aren't taken seriously.
I worked as FOH in the Watford branch, I loved it from the moment I walked in. Everyone was welcoming and my manager Martin trained me pretty well and made me comfortable with the system and surroundings, I learnt something new every shift and there was never a dull day. Not only are you just in the salon you also get involved in events that take place, meet new people and build exciting friendships. It was upsetting that I had to leave, only because I moved back into London and the travel just wasn't cutting it for me other wise I would still be there enjoying myself. I can't put a bad word in because I gained and left with great experience.
Pros
Pay, friendships, good discounted hair treatments.
Cons
Short breaks
i feel so sorry for all the staff that work there, you work so hard for pennys, awful management and haven't got a clue, always problems with being paid correct wages. you will end up without a social life and end up being screwed over by management.
Pros
Cons
long hours no breaks
I worked for rush for 7 months it seemed great at first but then the manager started palming all her work off on me and still claimed I did nothing, I would usually work a 11 hour day without any breaks or lunches and would be ignored if asked for one, the pay is terrible, you are not appreciated. My manager once told me Rush does not care about receptionists or apprentices as they bring no money to the company, so my job is not safe. And also not to mention the fact you are not allowed to sit down you have to stand on the front desk and I once got told of for leaving to use the toilet. I also would asked if I was to be paid for my overtime and my manager would say yes but then sneakily take it off my timesheet. Worst company to work for, if anyone ever asks me I ALWAYS advise against them.
Pros
Hair colour and cut
Cons
Long hours, under appreciated, no breaks, no sitting
I worked for rush as a front of house and did it before in other salons too so I had experience. This was the first salon were you had to stand up in the reception for more than 8 hours in a day! It's painful and horrible and not to mention not legal either! If I asked for a break I would get told off and would typically go on my lunch after 6 hours of standing I even did it after 8 hours once on a 10 hour shift! The lunch is lso just 30minutes and you can't even relax you just end up eat and walking. I gave even cried due to the pain it has caused my feet. Managers were just ignoring me when I requested break or a longer lunch. I even spent money on good shoes. I went to the doctors whom advised my limbs were being affected from standing. I even got legal advise which the head office ignored. I left because of the pain and felt everyone ignored me. No one showed any care. In fact were so rude it made me feel vulnerable to even open my mouth. If you can stand up for 10 hours straight with a half hour break if your lucky after a full day shift anyway then go for it. However if your physical health and mental health is important to you then please don't suffer and work for RUSH. it's not worth the minimum wage they offer or more.
Pros
Free cuts
Cons
Long hours of standing, no breaks, half hour lunch, bullying, physical pain
Really was excited to start a career with Rush hair, started and started enjoying my job role immediately, the other staff members were warm, welcoming and great to work with. Enjoyed the busy and fast speed at Rush and was looking forward to growing within the company.
I worked for this company for several months as a Reception/Front of House. The pay was nothing special / just the market average. The work environment is terrible, even though working in a hair salon is considered as a pretty fun job. It needs a lot of effort to ruin it, and it looks like this is exactly what the management, the directors and the call centre from the Head Office are doing. Horrible language, constant bullying, continuous threats of losing the job. A typical day would include rushing clients & services, squeezing appointments, complaints from stylists, angry manager, lots of stress and moaning if salon is not busy during that day, numerous threats and swearing, continuous daily nasty pressure to sell products. I always worked under pressure and in other fast paced environments before, but the situation in Rush is over the top. Colleagues in the salon were nice people, same in some other salons. But unfortunately when the company is big you are not on your own. They even push their employees to review them online in all sorts of websites. Only the fact that their first 10 five star reviews here in the short period of 10 days were by current employees, says a lot. Glad i left , would never recommend anyone to work for Rush
Pros
Salary Paid
Cons
Bullying, horrible language, bad management