RUSH Hair and Beauty

RUSH Hair and Beauty Employee Reviews for Hair Stylist

You have to be able to work in a busy environment as it can get quite busy it’s easy to meet new people and pay is not too bad the hours could be more flexible.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
I worked at rush and the staff were always talking about clients in the wrong manner, mangers walk around on there phone and boss the assistants about.
Typical day at work, do peoples hair, help coworkers. learned new techniques. management was nice to me. hardest part - late hours and low pay. enjoyable part - people i work with were nice
Management was awful, made you come in when ur sick too prove your ill. Hours were awful Made friends for life Wouldn’t recommend if your looking for an easy work place.
Amazing management great support amazing team all round great place to be 😊 definitely great place to work also a great place for clients all stylist are great at what they do ✨✨✨✨
Pros
Great training
Cons
I’ve been working with rush since I was 16 years old I started off as an apprentice and they helped me grow into the stylish I am today, the benefits I got from rush is great training , very helpful staff thought out the company , always pushing you to better yourself and helping you grow as the company grows. I love working in the Tunbridge Wells salon as the staff here are amazing , friendly, helpful and are like my second family,
Cons
I’ve been working at the Rush salon for 2 months now and all I can say is I love it, The team are all fantastic and have been so supportive and helpful and I’ve never been made to feel like the new girl! With the friendly atmosphere that I work in daily I couldn’t ask for a better work place to be in than this.
Love working with my team, everyone is so helpful, they provide loads of training the only downfall is that we are only allowed one person off at a time with holiday, which can sometimes be frustrating
Pros
Loads of training
Cons
No clash of holiday and pay
I have worked with Rush for a number of years and love my job!! Amazing team who are so supportive and have a family bond. Upper management is second to none and always has the time to listen to staff needs and gets to know each member as an individual rather than just a collective group. So many amazing courses are supplied to staff which is top class and all free! Always encouraging growth and creativity from team
Pros
Free education, great teams, personal growth
Management very poor, expect a great deal, very long hours. Payslips are the worst i have seen cant really work out your wages. But great team to work with.
Pros
free hair colour
Cons
Rush is an amazing place to work at and has many career paths for you to get into, unfortunately hairdressing was not for me. It was a very fun loving place to work and everyone was like a family. The job itself was actually very fun alot of banta with clients and also staff. A very happy and fun place to work if your into that kind of thing.
Official response from RUSH Hair and Beauty
6 May 2021
Thank you so much for your comments, it's great to hear that you enjoyed working for us.
Working for Rush was a busy a fast paced environment. We would have to work to a tight schedule and to a high standard which could sometimes be quite trying. I valued the continued professional development they provided to all employees.
Pros
Free hair services
Cons
long hours and no breaks if busy
This had been by far the worse place I have ever worked. Since I began Ive wanted to quit and recently left 13 months after I began here. Even though I stayed here 13 months due to the contract I had to repay 50% of the training you are made to do because I quit within 18 months. This was taken as a whole 750 pounds from my last wages leaving me with 400 left. They overwork you massively! You can be working a week or more without a day off . Be working days back to back without a break. I've nearly wet myself one Saturday due to not having 2 minutes to go to the toilet. You have hardly any time to dedicate to each service so can easily fall behind and targets are so high you definitely feel the pressure each meeting you have to upsell and make as much money as you can for them. The time I've been there I've received between 900 and 1100 in wages. It changes every month and you never make hardly anything it's minimum wage and they hide it that you make commission but you hardly get anything. The hours are unsociable. Definately just avoid this company!!
Cons
Was constantly over worked and underpaid, the owners and management team treat staff terribly and they only care about the moneymakers of the company and the people at the top. Talk about clients like they’re walking money notes and couldn’t care less. Extremely money grabbing company, luckily I was kept sane by some of the amazing members of my team but as far as being a stylist goes, they really disrespect you & it’s a very corrupt company. They couldn’t care less about how talented you are, the hours and hard work you put in - if you don’t surpass your targets you’re gone. A good place to work if you’re business/money oriented but if you actually care about your clients and your trade I wouldn’t recommend. All the talented people I once worked with saw the light and realised it was horrendous.
Pros
Good team, social events, training is okay
Cons
Long hours, terrible pay, always underpaid, undermined, they’ll rinse you for every penny they pay you
only worked here for work experience and left after a day... it was just poor altogether i wouldn't recommend this one, they was not welcoming what so ever and the manager was just rude
Lots of opportunity for training! Great Art Team who help you develop your career and skills within the company. The Academy is a brilliant space to train.
working here involved long hours which could change without your permission or even sometimes without your knowledge at all. A typical day at work would be a 9 hour day with no sign of a lunch break on the system if you managed to get a lunch break after 20 minuets you would be told to come off. Days off are also irregular working a 6 day week through the weekend is part of the average rota.
Pros
Cons
most things
company was good, learned many new things while working in a good environment. overall day was good, the hardest part when it;s busy and u need to take rest
I have worked for rush for the past 7 years and have found it a great company to work for. You really get out what you put in. If you don't mind a bit of hard work then the careeer prospects are fantastic. I have worked for several other brands and for me rush has been the best for career progression and also wages.
Pros
You get plenty of clients
Cons
A typical day at rush is busy and can be joyful at times. When a hard day is at breach, a hard stressful day it will be. The employers at rush are nice, talkative people but can sometimes give a vibe that they are not welcoming you in. There is a lot of competition at rush. It is tough working at rush, you have to want to work here and try hard. The most enjoyable part of working at rush is the communication you build with the clients. The hardest part got the job is trying to build a friendship with the other workers at rush and not feeling uncomfortable.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Long hours and hard working
Working as a junior at a large salon like rush is a difficult job. you are constantly on your feet and do not get much of a break. It is an apprenticeship so money isnt great but a good choice of company if you really want to become a stylist.