Ryanair

Ryanair Employee Reviews

United Kingdom180 reviews

cabinflightpassengercrewairlineeuropebriefingflying

Good starting point

Good starting point for cabin crew but not much good after that. Crew are good. Company treats employees awfully, we don’t get payed when on the ground.

Pros

Free training

Cons

Exhaustion

Great people to work with, good home and work life balanced

Home every night, discounted tickets. Managment is very pushing for sales, you need to hit your targets. Plenty of days off. Good mixture of long and shorter days.

Insights into Ryanair

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Bad working environment.

if you are a new starter, good luck because nobody makes you feel welcome. You have to work there for at least 3 months for anyone to even remember your name/face.

Poor management

Very sales driven, high targets, long hours and not much reward from it. Good for you to gain experience but wouldn’t be the best place to stay long term.

nice people sometimes, often terrible job

woeful management, terrible staff who at times are the more experienced. They will outright refuse to help in most situations which you are entitled to the help. The more experienced male members of staff are questionable and non-professional. The Pay is terrible. You are ONLY paid for your flight hours after training. The Training is a great time.

Pros

Travel with nice people, Location if financially supported to work the job

Cons

Hours are all over the place, pay is terrible, demands are depending on the staff you work with-not the actual protocol

Very unsociable and not best company to work for

Job is very unpaid , all staff seem to feel this wayA lot of bad talk about the company between staff and we aren’t looked after very wellNot many benefitsMeet new people everyday always working with new people Not organised at allExpect you to drop your life to work for them at any given notice Don’t care about staff well-being

Pros

Meet new people

Cons

Company

Worst company ever

Tne career is good, however the employer is the worst ever. Greedy company. Plenty other companies recruting. You can find better somewhere else.. Colapsing company with greedy people.

Hard work

Really competitive, easily you could reach 100 hrs per month risking being fatigue most of the time. You've got a good pattern 5/3 roster, and staff travel, great colleagues (depending on the base).

Love the job!

Love the job! Stable 5 on, 3 off roster. Competitive pay. You can make friends for life. Easy progression within the company.Staff travel. Management can be a bit hit and miss, and base preferences aren’t always promised.

Productive but stressful

The worst company you’ll work for

This is the worst place you’ll ever work especially for anyone that’s falls into s ethic minority group, the company in not inclusive. The staff are rude, management talk to you like dirt. You are paid peanuts and excepted to do everything at the drop of a hat. I would advise waiting for a better airline before trying to get experience with ryanair as it will be a massive regret.

Good for the experience but not for long term

Good to get into aviation and apply after some experience for another airline. No long term career as you feel like you can’t grow in the company plus there are no layovers for people who want to do this job to travel.

Shocking

I don’t have many regrets in life but choosing to work for Ryanair is possibly one. Being based at Stansted my wages hardly cover the cost of living in the area and as crew renting rooms by the airport we are left struggling most months. The company have also taken money from my basic salary and won’t explain the reason behind it. Hours are very long, a lot of airports are currently under staffed so lots of delays going on. This means more hours which we are not really being paid for. On a more positive note I enjoy that every day is different and I get to meet a lot of new people with different life experience and different cultures.

Busy and hectic

Manic place to work, poor management guidance no flexible working, poor 20 days annual leave! More work gets put on you and not much praise, just negative if its done wrong,

Good start to getting into the aviation industry

Good experience in the field. I enjoyed it and it is a good place to learn on the job training as well as learning the ins and outs of how the aviation industry functions.

Fast paced environment.

Ideal for a starting point for people who show an interest in aviation. The training is a really great opportunity to make new friends and build strength of character

Pros

Make new friends

Cons

Long hours, low pay

Worst company ever AVOID

The worst company I have every worked for. They don’t care about their staff. No organisation or support from management. People look down on you if you’re new and openly talk about how they hate new people. No confidentiality, if you call with a problem the whole base will soon know about it. The only fun part is the training. With the reputation the company has, working for them really has confirmed this for me. Working 5 days on and 3 days off is a bonus. Pay is so so poor, the staff are living like students. If you have plans to save for your own house this is not doable within this company. The job is glorified on social media but that is not the reality of the job. Half the people who make these videos actually hate the company themselves. The job itself can be good but the company I would avoid at all costs and start with a different airline. Other airlines may charge for the training but the amount you end up paying out for the ‘free’ training you may aswell have paid the fees for a different company.

Awful salary

Would not recommend working for Ryanair at all very stressful environment and awful salary can not afford to pay all your bills. Management is poor seem to have there favourites

Pros

Flight discount

Cons

Great do learn but terrible management

Usually long and stressful days, depending of your crew you can have a very toxic environment and the management of the all company is terrible. They are super disorganise. Most of the time you have to fight for your full salary, days off and annual leave.

Good place to start your career

I think Ryanair is a good place to start your career as cabin crew. The interview was pretty easy, the interviewer made me feel very relaxed and comfortable. The training course is fun but hard work, you learn a lot in those 6 weeks.

Bad Management, Perfect Crewmates

Working in such company requires you to be passionate about being a cabin crew as there is no real roster.Bad management often calling you in the middle of the night for a flight but after you get to the airport crew control informs that the flight has been cancelled.Generally the pay is not worth it until you are a purser but it is quite difficult to become one.

Pros

Work Stability

Cons

Bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ryanair. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Ryanair with

• Ryanair
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?