Ryanair
Happiness score is 51 out of 100

Ryanair Employee Reviews

United Kingdom166 reviews

Good start to getting into the aviation industry

Good experience in the field. I enjoyed it and it is a good place to learn on the job training as well as learning the ins and outs of how the aviation industry functions.

Fast paced environment.

Ideal for a starting point for people who show an interest in aviation. The training is a really great opportunity to make new friends and build strength of character

Pros

Make new friends

Cons

Long hours, low pay

Insights into Ryanair

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Worst company ever AVOID

The worst company I have every worked for. They don’t care about their staff. No organisation or support from management. People look down on you if you’re new and openly talk about how they hate new people. No confidentiality, if you call with a problem the whole base will soon know about it. The only fun part is the training. With the reputation the company has, working for them really has confirmed this for me. Working 5 days on and 3 days off is a bonus. Pay is so so poor, the staff are living like students. If you have plans to save for your own house this is not doable within this company. The job is glorified on social media but that is not the reality of the job. Half the people who make these videos actually hate the company themselves. The job itself can be good but the company I would avoid at all costs and start with a different airline. Other airlines may charge for the training but the amount you end up paying out for the ‘free’ training you may aswell have paid the fees for a different company.

Awful salary

Would not recommend working for Ryanair at all very stressful environment and awful salary can not afford to pay all your bills. Management is poor seem to have there favourites

Pros

Flight discount

Cons

Great do learn but terrible management

Usually long and stressful days, depending of your crew you can have a very toxic environment and the management of the all company is terrible. They are super disorganise. Most of the time you have to fight for your full salary, days off and annual leave.

Good place to start your career

I think Ryanair is a good place to start your career as cabin crew. The interview was pretty easy, the interviewer made me feel very relaxed and comfortable. The training course is fun but hard work, you learn a lot in those 6 weeks.

Bad Management, Perfect Crewmates

Working in such company requires you to be passionate about being a cabin crew as there is no real roster.Bad management often calling you in the middle of the night for a flight but after you get to the airport crew control informs that the flight has been cancelled.Generally the pay is not worth it until you are a purser but it is quite difficult to become one.

Pros

Work Stability

Cons

Bad management

Nice place to work

It is a very nice place to work and especially if you don't have any experience in aviation. They provide agreat training course for 6 weeks.I would recommend this job for those ones that love this sector.

Poor company

Poor company to work for, not good in dealing with passenger’s or their own staff good customer service is non existent when it come to ryan air , awful service

Good place to learn

Good starting place for cabin crew, you will gain experience and can earn well in commission if you try. Long days sometimes which can be difficult.Overall an enjoyable job

Stressful, underpaid, toxic

Toxic culture with next to no pay. You are overworked, only paid for flying. If delayed/on the ground you are not paid for this. Management can be on a power trip.

Company itself is not worth it

Training was intense but fun and met life long friends. The job on its own is amazing but avoid the Company at all costs. However, I would like to pinpoint that I did learn a lot about the position with this Company.

Pros

Fun training

Cons

Extremely low pay, Lacks management, Foreign staff who have been in the Company longer are utterly rude looking down on newbies, especially on British

Good

Very good training. Long hours but worth it. Only problem is you only spend 25 minutes at your destination, so not much time spent there. Overall a good company to work for

Forget about this job

Not worth it at all, you are just a number, nobody cares about you, and they dont even pay a decent salary. You need a second job if you want to survive. Impossible make a carreer here

Pros

5 on 3 off

Cons

Everything...run!

Very bad pay

I loved my job but that was one of the worst companies I worked for. Pay is very very poor, hard to live on what you earn, which is a shame thinking how much you had to study to even get the job.

Worst job I ever had

I would not recommend this company. Forget about your social life. The salary is lower than the minimum wage and you will spend s lot of money for it.

Solo un numero

Come prima esperienza potrebbe anche andare bene, ma state alla larga dalla compagnia se avete interesse in meritocrazia e individualità . I responsabili che dovrebbero dare l' esempio rubano le vendite ai poveri junior appena arrivati anche se hanno il triplo del loro salario. Nessuno si accorgerà di voi anche se siete eccellenti nel vostro lavoro e sapete 5 lingue, l' avanzamento di carriera va in base ad anzianità e vendite.

Pros

3 giorni off ogni 5 di lavoro

Cons

Management pessimo: sei solo un numero, paga bassa, ingiusta e spesso sbagliata

La gente si lamenta troppo...

Ho lavorato per due anni a Stansted,in UK, considerato il posto più terribile di Ryanair. Dicono sia una sezione a parte, ma essendo stato lì, posso dare un feedback autorevole; nelle piccole basi pare esserci vita migliore. Il lavoro è impegnativo, questo si: direi che se tutti i lavori hanno pro e contro, questo lavoro per me ha avuto grossi pro e grossi contro.Si lavora su turni, si alternano 5 giorni di lavoro (includendo, spesso, giornate di reperibilità) a 3 di riposo totale.Si alternano quindi cinque giorni di "early" (alzarsi molto presto la mattina) e "late" (andare a lavoro di pomeriggio).La maggior parte dei colleghi erano più giovani (22-26 anni), io una trentina. Ecco perchè sentivo sempre lamentele su tutto: stipendio, lavoro, La stragrande maggioranza dei colleghi è stata spesso molto carina, capita una volta ogni tanto che incontri il responsabile del volo un pò deficiente, ma sorridi e ti fai passare la giornata.Ed è molto raro.A Stansted molta competizione per le vendite, ma è un fatto personale decidere quanto essere competitivi, con gentilezza puoi decidere di non rovinarti la giornata.Il periodo iniziale è MOLTO stressante, questo si. Tra corso, esami continui, (che si superano perchè sono fattibili), spostarsi di nazione, trovare casa in quattro e quattr'otto...Ma sono cose che si superano, e poi è tutto in discesa.Giornate lunghe, può capitare di stare 10-12 ore fuori di casa (più dieci),ma ci sono anche giornate più brevi e di reperibilità in cui, in una base così grande, raramente si viene chiamati (forse diverso in basi piccole).Però, beh, -

Pros

multiculturalità, bell'ambiente lavorativo

Cons

sveglie presto, lunche giornate

Productive and fun work

I currently work with Ryanair, the staff are friendly. Working with this airline its fun and interesting, cause every day its different and you get to know a lot of people from different ethnic, backgrounds. Sometimes it can be a challenge as every other job that its in a costumer service field/area due to a passengerthat doesn't listento you or its rude but Ryanair theach us how to deal with this kind of people so you'll be prepared. The only issues are, the management they aren't as organised as I thought they should be sometimes the entire office team are not synchronised and not communicating with each other and their short notices are a bit annoying as we sometimes don't have enough time to get ready when it comes to doing test or when there are some changes, the pay rate its really poor comparing with other airlines companies but at end of the day its a really good opportunity for you to get great experience as a cabin crew member and have fun.

Pros

Great experience

Cons

Poor pay rate

Worst company to ever work for

They tell you it’s free training and free uniform but when you get to your first day at training all they ask for is money for this that and the other. When they ask you to choose airports you want to work from they will completely ignore that and send you to the other side of the country and when you tell them that you physically cannot do that they ignore all contact you give to them I applied for Manchester and they gave me Edinburgh. I got accepted for the the job and had to wait three months to find out when I would start the training and in that time they won’t email or ring you to give you an update about when you would start. The tutors don’t know their a**** from their heads. They literally want you to pay for everything! I don’t recommend applying unless you have a lot a lot of money behind you.

Pros

People that you meet

Cons

Money grabbers

productive, fun workplace

The most enjoyable part of the job is to deal with passengers, the workplace culture is really good. I learn everyday something new which I can apply to different jobs and my daily life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ryanair. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement