Ryder & Dutton Estate Agents

Ryder & Dutton Estate Agents Employee Reviews

United Kingdom10 reviews

Good but not great pay

The salary and working hours aren't great, you only get 1 day off a week technically as you have to work Saturdays and Sundays. Have to take on multiple tasks as there's no enough staff.

Excellent Place to Work

Since beginning my role at Ryder and Dutton, I have been treated as a valued member of the team. My colleagues, manager and management have without question supported me to become the best that I can both within my role and personally.Training is constantly on offer if needed.There has never been a time where I have felt undervalued or not good enough for the role.You can ask anyone anything, from my branch colleagues, right up to senior management and directors, nobody is too important to help.The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting or speaking to new people on a daily basis, although, this can also be the most difficult part of the job also!!All in all, this is a great place to work and I only wish all companies looked after their staff as well as Ryder and Dutton look after theirs.

Pros

Great colleagues and support

Don’t work here

Awful company to work for.They literally do not care about you, if your face doesn’t fit you literally will never progress.They will only progress people who are in the special ‘click.’Management don’t care, treat the staff with no respect.Pay grade is terrible, literally below minimum wage and terrible commission scheme.Basically do not even bother going for an interview because this company are not worth it.

Cons

No respect for staff. Extremely low wages.

No time for your own life

Far too much expected for what you get paid. If work is not your number 1 priority at the expense of everything else in your life, then this will be frowned upon. Fundamentally a decent company run by decent people. The culture is quite toxic and the man-management is completely non-existent. A lot of the managers have never worked anywhere else so they think that this culture and the requirements should be the norm when in fact they aren't. Have gone very corporate in recent years and therefore the staff turnover has rocketed. If you want a life, think very carefully.

Pros

Directors are generally decent people

Cons

Work-life balance, expectations, salary

Challenging but rewarding!

Working at Ryder & Dutton is challenging, faced-paced and no 2 days are the same.There is always something new to learn. Very satisfying on a personal level to help people find their dream home. Lots of opportunities to generate commission as well as progression within the company. In my experience management have always been fair and supportive. The hardest part of the job is having new systems/processes but colleagues are always at hand to help and advise.

Happy work place

Working at centro for Ryder&Dutton is a great place to work, everyone is lovely and helps you if you have any problems. Everyone works as a team and it is a lovely environment to work.

You get what you put in

I really enjoyed my time woriking at Ryder and Dutton. The basic fact is...the harder you work the more commision you earn! The staff are really friendly and you build life long friendships here. My role was in sales progression where I built brilliant working relationships with both Clients, Solicitors Surveyors and Mortgage Advisors. The Management is really approachable and supportive. If you ever need any extra support or training all you have to do is ask! They want you to succeed and will always try to promote from within. All you have to do is work hard and reap the rewards.

Pros

Commison

Bad experience

Short time with Ryder and Dutton and experienced Sharp practise, accusations and poor communication. The HR is incredibly poor and inexperienced. The training process was poorly handled with a trainer with a dry personality, who repeated the context time after time. The day out in leeds is pointless and time consuming but at least me and the team/fellow trainees got a few beers at lunch to make the day go quicker. The pay is low with little incentives and the commission is referal based only. Which means no matter how many houses you sell/let, you don’t see a penny, as it all goes to the managers comms. Be careful on making simple human mistakes/misunderstandings as the poor HR/trainer will be all over your tail.

Pros

Company car, directors seemed very approachable and decent

Cons

Training process

Busy and friendly place to work

Whilst working here I had various tasks, working on reception, helping clients and in the back typing mortgage applications and survey reports. I worked at all three office for varying amounts of time.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Rubbish salary

n/a

Inexperienced manager and unhealthy working environment. Unable to progress or gain experience asked for within the company. Childish work environment and training horrendous

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ryder & Dutton Estate Agents. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement