Safe Families for Children

Safe Families for Children Employee Reviews

Amazing place to have my senior year internship

I had a great experience here for my internship, a great way to get into the social work field. The environment is warm and welcoming and they really value supervision which was extremely helpful, especially for a first time placement.

volunteer

The job as a ministry leader for Safe Family is soulfully volunteer based. This organization comes together to help promote safe temporary environments for children to live in while their caregivers recover from any health issues.

Pros

flexible schedule meet lots of wonderful families

Cons

stressful, can be sad

As a consultant

The company struggled with having a clear Mission Statement, so I'm sure there is some inconsistency within the organization. I did not work fully for the organization, so this is all I saw.

Challenging and Supportive Work Environment

I have never felt more encouraged in a working in environment. Encouraged to explore my strengths and mend my weaknesses. I felt like a cherished member of staff. I was cared for and that made filtered into my work with families.

No true balance.

The overall concept of how SF started, was genius! As a Faith Based agency, the initial goal is to unite children coming from an abusive and neglectful situation with Safe Families to keep them until the parents are able to better their situation. I enjoyed helping families, but there were no concrete policies and people did whatever they wanted.

Pros

Helping Families

Cons

No structure

Productive and fun workplace with great staff

Staff were friendly as soon as they saw me walk into the office, welcomed me each time I show up for work. I learned new programs that I did not know it existed. My days at work in the office was pleasant and easy to work with staff.

Pros

Free coffee, friendly staff, positive attitudes

Cons

Not being able to do more to help

Rewarding Job

Although this position did not pay anything, it is one of the most rewarding positions I have ever had. The job culture is amazing. You can tell you are making a difference in these families lives and in the communities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safe Families for Children. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3