Safer Places

Safer Places Culture reviews

Clear

Dedicated staff, but the organisation is disorganised

The people you work with at Safer places, as well as helping clients, is by far the best part of the role. However, the organisation lets itself down in the way that it operates, leaving staff feeling overworked, unappreciated and underpaid. All the staff that I worked with are dedicated to helping clients, but because the company does not invest in the individual, the staff turnover is high as there are similar organisations around with a better workplace culture. Whilst updates are given by senior management on operational matters, they are often sporadic and can sometimes leave you feeling more confused.

Pros

1 hour lunch

Cons

Disorganised

Lovely people and pleasant workplace

I learnt so much with Safer Places and met some amazing people. It was stressful at times, however overall I felt part of a team and had a good support network I loved my job and the people I worked along side, was very sad to have been made redundant and had to leave

As a Domestic Violence Professional I love working for Safer Places . It is hard work but very rewarding . Its great to work somewhere where you are encouraged to develop and use our skills and qualifications and to gain new ones . I have worked in this sector for a number of years and have never worked anywhere where I have felt so supported. The senior managers are very approachable and encourage staff to be involved in making changes that improve services . The Director of Operations is inspirational . The hardest part of the job is having to fight with mental health services to get the help some people need . A typical day is busy but enjoyable and there is a of work satisfaction and great team work .

Supportive

I always feel supported by management and colleagues around me. I feel proud to work at Safer Places. If I ever have a problem in or outside of work I always know I will be supported - this has only been since my line manager has changed though.

Pros

Supportive Management/Colleagues

Supportive / good job satisfaction

As a current employee I am enjoying my role as a practitioner and have great job satisfaction. whilst going through a period of change management are keeping all staff up to date to ensure they are fully aware of the impact on the organisation. I have very supportive colleagues and a manager who is also supportive although at time difficult to contact due to their workload and attending conferences and presentations to providers.

Pros

Good support network

Cons

Not a 9-5 role

Dedicated Staff no policy and poor management structure

Safer Places has a lot of amazing and dedicated staff, the staff on ground are very helpful and do a great job however the policies are hard to find and out of date if they have them at all, managers at times are inexperienced operationally and therefore do not have the capacity to provide adequate support to operational staff. The model that they use and the training that they deliver is excellent, the Triple R for example is a great working model for group work. The J9 Training and concept is also very good.

Pros

1 hour lunch ( although unpaid)

Cons

Salary & Senior Management Support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safer Places. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7