Safer Places

Safer Places Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
2.4Job security & advancement

Idva

Management was very very poor. Left without a manager for months You can voice your concerns, but it will never be listened to or put into action. However some staff are very supportive

Supportive and friendly work environment

I feel supported in my role and feel like I am doing good work which is recognised by management. I have had opportunties to develop my practice and further my career. Although there has been some tuberlance due to change and restructures I feel a Safer Places has turned a chapter and that the management care about the clients and staff. Safer Places is a small charity who are trying to do big things in the world of DA and I am proud to be part of that.

Pros

Supportive management and colleagues; comparitively good pay; clinical supervision

Cons

Involves unsocialable hours

High turn over of staff, no support

Poor management, no job security, unqualified staff, long hours, no lunch breaks, high case load. No training is provided and you are left to get on with it. Management are only worried about themselves and disregard their staff members. Long hours without lunch breaks. You are expected to work weekends- every weekend as so short staffed. High case load of families to work with and told you have to cope. Staff are rude and if you are not in their group you are bullied.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, no support

productive workplace

Very good workplace in terms of focus on domestic abuse and ideas how to improve service but not enough employees to deliver service. Supportive colleagues.

Cons

working hours are not really flexible, its challenging for mums with small children

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safer Places. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7