Safer Places

Safer Places Management reviews

Clear

Dedicated staff, but the organisation is disorganised

The people you work with at Safer places, as well as helping clients, is by far the best part of the role. However, the organisation lets itself down in the way that it operates, leaving staff feeling overworked, unappreciated and underpaid. All the staff that I worked with are dedicated to helping clients, but because the company does not invest in the individual, the staff turnover is high as there are similar organisations around with a better workplace culture. Whilst updates are given by senior management on operational matters, they are often sporadic and can sometimes leave you feeling more confused.

Pros

1 hour lunch

Cons

Disorganised

Very stressful and not appreciated no matter what you do

I loved my job it was so satisfying but could not recommend working for this company as it doesn’t matter how much you do management will not recognise you. Typical day at work was in refuge which was brilliant. The hardest part of job was breaking up disputes, and working all hrs until late and then being questioned by management and told off and possibly not be paid because you had gone over your allocated hours. There was a 4 month period of no manager or guidance also managers were always leaving. Employment of people with no experience.

Idva

Management was very very poor. Left without a manager for months You can voice your concerns, but it will never be listened to or put into action. However some staff are very supportive

unprofessional practices

this is an organisation that supports domestic abuse victims, however the way it treats its staff and clients is deplorable. I feel ashamed to work here at times

Supportive and friendly work environment

I feel supported in my role and feel like I am doing good work which is recognised by management. I have had opportunties to develop my practice and further my career. Although there has been some tuberlance due to change and restructures I feel a Safer Places has turned a chapter and that the management care about the clients and staff. Safer Places is a small charity who are trying to do big things in the world of DA and I am proud to be part of that.

Pros

Supportive management and colleagues; comparitively good pay; clinical supervision

Cons

Involves unsocialable hours

Disgrace

Please if you have a brain don't ever apply for a job here. You will be bullied if you are not liked by senior management. Clients are put in danger everyday. Safer Places say they pride themselves on supporting victims but cant even support there own staff. Staff are constantly off sick due to stress and anxiety.

Pros

nothing at all

Cons

everything

Supportive

I always feel supported by management and colleagues around me. I feel proud to work at Safer Places. If I ever have a problem in or outside of work I always know I will be supported - this has only been since my line manager has changed though.

Pros

Supportive Management/Colleagues

Supportive / good job satisfaction

As a current employee I am enjoying my role as a practitioner and have great job satisfaction. whilst going through a period of change management are keeping all staff up to date to ensure they are fully aware of the impact on the organisation. I have very supportive colleagues and a manager who is also supportive although at time difficult to contact due to their workload and attending conferences and presentations to providers.

Pros

Good support network

Cons

Not a 9-5 role

High turn over of staff, no support

Poor management, no job security, unqualified staff, long hours, no lunch breaks, high case load. No training is provided and you are left to get on with it. Management are only worried about themselves and disregard their staff members. Long hours without lunch breaks. You are expected to work weekends- every weekend as so short staffed. High case load of families to work with and told you have to cope. Staff are rude and if you are not in their group you are bullied.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, no support

Dedicated Staff no policy and poor management structure

Safer Places has a lot of amazing and dedicated staff, the staff on ground are very helpful and do a great job however the policies are hard to find and out of date if they have them at all, managers at times are inexperienced operationally and therefore do not have the capacity to provide adequate support to operational staff. The model that they use and the training that they deliver is excellent, the Triple R for example is a great working model for group work. The J9 Training and concept is also very good.

Pros

1 hour lunch ( although unpaid)

Cons

Salary & Senior Management Support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safer Places. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7