Safestyle UK
Happiness score is 42 out of 100

Safestyle UK: 12 Reviews in Swindon

Swindon12 reviews

Not for the faint hearted

All the building blocks are in place for pro active ambitious sales minded individuals to achieve alot within the company. Unfortunately since becoming PLC alot of the benefits, and incentives to strive in this sales environment have radically been taken away and there are far too many changes to pay structures too frequently to have any financial or life style stability to settle in long term unless you are fortunate enough to get offered a set salary.

Pros

Nice company cars fun enviroment

Cons

long hours unreliable pay packages

Everyone was tax avoid

No one helped eachother it was Commission based and most of the customers didn’t want to be contact because most of the windows and doors had a fault

Pros

Could go on to the shop whenever you wanted

Cons

Customer searing at you

Insights into Safestyle UK

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

not worth it

it says between 400 and 800 a week but the chance of u getting over 200 a week is almost none. u get £40 per deal (if it goes through). most peoole do the same as everyone n just say 'not interested' and close the door, but the staff in the office will pester you to get that specific person to open the door. the extra incentives are not worth it either £10-£20 extra cash in your bank or given to you in hand if you meet a certain criteria. the chances are you'll either not meet the criteria or they won't give it to you.

Pros

n/a

Cons

long days. no basic pay. management

Fun

As a team leader, it would be my responsibility to get the team motivated to canvass a area in all weather and conditions with the goal to make appointments.

Pros

Great team work

Cons

All weather work

Market research/Sales

As part of this role, I was responsible for finding and booking new customers. I was able to use my initiative in offering discounts, as well as my excellent communication skills to secure many new sales. I took a particular interest in learning about the business model and marketing strategies which make this company successful.

Pros

very good commission

Great company

Really great company to work for , fantastic management and also a real good valued company- keep u going even when work gets tough

Pros

Uncapped comission

Cons

commission only

not my type of work to be honest

commission based and the pay was not great sometimes good some times really bad.

Pros

Cons

not good

good at first but really hard in winter

it was good to work with this company at first but when the winter came it was hard to walk the street knocking on the door selling windows at a cold caller

Pros

you get a lift to where you started knocing door

Cons

hard work not much of a wage

Driver

My day generally starts at 09:15, picking up colleagues from their homes, taking us all to the office for morning meetings. These meetings cover the previous day business and what they expect for current day. We usually leave the office around 11:00 and travel to our location. which range from Bristol to Reading, Worcester and Salisbury and anything in between. I drop my co workers off in areas to enable them to do their job, which is knocking doors trying to promote windows and doors. I either have a break or drive around other parts of the area, locating suitable properties for the boys to knock later. Between 3-4pm the boys will have break so I pick them up so we can all lunch together and I take them back to their property after. At the end of the day I collect the team and take them home and finish myself, depending on the day, I can finish any time between 6-9pm the latest I've got home is 22:00. Because of my title, I'm responsible for the team getting to work on time, their safety by keeping car well maintained and getting them home safely. When the Car Manager is off I will take control of the team and make the decisions on where they will be knocking, who gets out where, I will also receive all the calls from the office. The hardest part of my job is pleasing everybody who is in the car for instance one may want to finish early or have an appointment, which isn't in the area we are working, therefore I will either need to make a decision on where we will be knocking that day or bring them home and go back for the rest of the team later. The most enjoyable is -

Pros

Free breakfast on mondays and thursdays.

Cons

very long hours generally 60hrs+. not enough fuel

not a good place to work

I didn't enjoy my time at safestyle as, i was working 40 hours a week for under £100 and, the management never trained me properly to do the job

door to door

get picked up at 9 be at the office for 10 the boss tell us what prop to go knock and then we leave for 12 stay out all day in the freezing cold trying 2 sale doors and windows

The worst company I have ever worked for.

It was stupid long hours, on average I was doing 50 hour weeks. You have to register yourself as self employed so you have to sort out your own tax which when I asked the people I worked with about it they just laughed saying they've paid their tax. Everybody smoked in the office, I could go on but I'm going to stop before I get to carried away.

Pros

there are none

Cons

everything about it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safestyle UK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement