Safestyle UK

• Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Like selling B to C

You need to be a able to work on your own all the time, and love driving. It can be a ruthless environnment sometimes, you need to have a very strong personality to do this job, someone who doesn't take no for an answer. A typical day is, you get a call to sell windows or doors to a customer anywhere in a 3 county area depending on where you live, If you get a great manager you could get upto 3 jobs a day (if you perfrom well) This job can be very lucrative if you sell....

Don’t do it

It’s commission based , due to high prices you have to discount to a level where there is very little or no commission, and management don’t care and if you ask for help you’ll be ignored, managers have a written target and as long as they get it they get paid, so it doesn’t matter about discount

Excellent company

Loved the culture, style and continued support especially from the Sittingbourne officeConstant training and honest appraisals Excellent opportunity for sales reps

Pros

Support and culture

Cons

Self employed

It’s sales

It’s commission only, if you can sell, don’t bend with pressure and are prepared to work odd hours there’s money to be made. You’re on your own a lot which is good as not micro managed. Good training.

Pros

Money

Cons

If you get a bad manager

Terrible

Was in barnsley for a week and then shadowing a sales rep. You dont get paid after 7 weeks and have to earn through commissions. All this about £2000+ per week is just an illusion....they changed my working hours to work from 10am-8pm and not 10-4 as agreed at the interview. I would never recommend this company to anyone.

Pros

nothing

Cons

bad in everyway

Wouldn't recommend

There is little in the way of management or training. The quality of the leads varies hugely with only a handful of them being genuine customers looking to buy. The 'management' (used loosely) play a game of favourites providing the better leads to the reps that are currently in favour and sending the others on wild goose chases, if you complain about a lead being unsuitable you are guaranteed a week of minimum leads and leads of poor quality. Despite claiming to be trying to clean up the company image there is still a culture of the hard sell, often to vulnerable people, and managment offering heavy discounts to entice them to buy at the expense of any commission for the rep.

Pros

You'll have plenty of free time

Cons

Driving long distances for no reward

Anti Social

Every day you're expected to be up and ready to go by 8:30 but could be sitting waiting for an appointment until 4pm. On average you only get 1 hours notice of appointments meaning you cannot plan your day. Although being a self employed position it is flexible working but personally doesn't work for me. Commision based only so wages flex highly.

Avoid avoid and avoid

Management only interested in making money for themselves and constantly chopping of commission. So many changes the guys at the top doesn't seem to know what they doing for last 3 years. Have gone completely unprofessional. Treat staff and CUSTOMERS like trash.

Smooth operators

Salespeople were given 3-4 warm-leads every day to sell windows and doors to the public. The sales process was learned via the two week training process along with other technical and finance package information to help sell. Management were supportive and ensured I always had enough leads. Commissions always paid on time and support with any technical issues along with ongoing training and quarterly appraisals. The most challenging aspect was value and ensuring business signed up on the initial visit, a very well rewarded role.

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

late finishes

Loved meeting new people everyday

Knowledgeable, professional, understanding. Very professional and fast turnaround.Loved meeting new people everyday, I would definitely recommend safestyle!

My current and worst job..

Safestyle will give you a warm welcome with a week in a hotel and a training course. Then over the next few months you will realise that, due to the commission structure you will be on approximately minimum wage. Despite using your own car, paying for your own fuel. All bonuses have a catch, and you will have to fight for them, mostly unsuccessfuly. In my 20 years of successful sales I have never known anything like it. This company churns it’s Sales force continuously as people wise up and leave, replaced by new hopefuls. Choose your next career move with someone else.

Cons

Think twice before start here.

I can honestly say I’ve never worked anywhere like this in my life (not a compliment) First of all I’ve had many successful careers before starting here so know I can sell. The Management are absolute morons, selling a inferior product that is massively over priced to the market Weak leads, poor commission well unless you can sell a 3k product for 12k then ul be ok. No life outside of work, They want you on call 6 days a week from 9 till 8 most night getting in at 10 or 11 only to find you have earned £65 for the day or nothing and covered 200 miles for the pleasure..... if your thinking of staring here I would think twice, they drive people in the ground..... the company is 27 years old and at head office they have a number of pictures of staff that have passed away (there’s a alarming amount considering the age of the company) since been there I’ve heard of 3 people dying and a further 4 people taken ill and having to quit........ in my opinion this place is a will drive you in the ground mentally and physically and think nothing of it. This is NOT a place is live a happy and contented life please please please steer clear and apply for something else, there are plenty of ethical company’s out there that you could work for that actually care about there staff and customers.

Pros

Oh please 🙄

Cons

The whole company and ethics

Truly awful

No ongoing support,people there only interested in themselves,sales techniques from the 80s,sales reps are the lowest of the low in the company.impossible to sell in commission due to constant price increases on the company tablet. The managers have their favourites,work when they want,newcomers expected to clock in at 8.30am and work till 9 10 pm and work till 6 on Saturday or Sunday.. Was told a 30 mile radius from home,was going upwards of 60 then expected to go further away when out . Do not recommend, Poor poor company only interested in fabrication of figures for shareholders. Stay away

Pros

Cons

Unsocial hours, expected to work 6 full days

driver door knocker

start of day pick up crew drive to area of operation knock on doors hopeing to sell windows ………………………….. very unsatisfactory working environment …...

worst company to work for

The promise you big Income and job satisfaction, but you will end up bankrupt with this company. They tell you that sale reps earn £2500 a week but in reality you wont be able to earn fuel money with them. Doesn't matter how much you sell, if the customer finance fails you getting nothing or if a customer end of cancelling the job for some reason you will get nothing, so spending hours with customer convincing them to buy and waste all ur time and hard work will earn you nothing with this company. And working hours are from 0900 to 2300. So you will be working 13 to 14 hours a day to earn nothing with this company.

Pros

Cons

Everything you can think about

this is rubbish

go away stop wasting my time with this I want to search for a job go away go away let me get searching this is rubbish stop this for the love of god give it a rest

Sales Rep

I worked as a Sales Rep had me driving over 220 miles a day was not getting home till 1am. Its the hardest market and I dont lie to customers so made no money total waste of time just high pressure sales.

Pros

Cons

loads

Bad managers.

Management don't understand it is a self employed role. Complain endlessly when you want to take a break after a 4 hour sale. Also lots of dead time spent driving to leads that are either not in or were never interested in the first place.

Do not even bother

Absolutely the worst place I’ve ever worked no care in the world they treat customers and vulnerable people with no respect same way they treat their staff plus it’s commission based no sales no pay

Pros

Cons

Safe style is the con

You'll be handed all the dross and buy now pay later probably means you wont be there for the commisson.

I went to the office daily. Just sat there and eventually received a lead for 6pm in the evening, sometimes 8pm. And weekends including Sunday mornings and afternoon. Sat with customer as expected for up to 3 hours. If they wouldn't buy then manager offered them a rock bottom deal on buy now pay when fitted. They brought in loads of new reps. They don't care if you stay or leave, give longest serving reps best jobs. When you leave your manager will likely pick up your commission and possibly buy a new Range Rover. I drove up to 100 miles a day in own car using own fuel. Sat hours 50 miles from home in case a lead came in. They'll advertise and get in loads of self employed reps to cover every lead, by the time you've caught on you've possibly run up some debts. You will earn some money, but you will spend lots. If you can live on £90 a week and don't have a family you'll do well if you can keep up with the costs, just stick it out as long as possible and you can collect that commission. If you start young, live with mum and dad and can talk lots you'll make it as a salesman, but double glazing! The guys with the money are the managers.

Pros

Absolutly none.

Cons

Unsociable hours.

problems

they basically sacked me without giving me warning and still to this day haven't given me my wages that I worked for, I worked numerous weeks and never received a payement in which I deserved and I was informed I had to pick my wages up but everytime I went they said I had no wages to pick up, they basically robbed me off 6 weeks wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safestyle UK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6