Safestyle UK

Safestyle UK Job security & advancement reviews

Working on the phones can be a challenge, the people I work with are a good suppport. I do believe there is room to grow in this company, but is a little difficult.
Loved the culture, style and continued support especially from the Sittingbourne officeConstant training and honest appraisals Excellent opportunity for sales reps
Pros
Support and culture
Cons
Self employed
We used to get £150 a week basic when I joined safe style 17 years ago.its cut down to £ 130 a week and my fuel ,wear n tear has gone up 4 times. I have no security ,no pension etc. People who worked many years for the company should be given a choice to become permanent. Also when I sell a job on list price,company should not take a share from it .21% plus rest should be given to a rep.
Fabulous place with long time served people, Target driven environment. If you have the ability to talk with customers and a passion for learning this is a great place to begin your sales career.
Pros
Always someone on hand to educate you.
Have helped me build my sales experience whilst working with all sorts of people from different countries backgrounds and deal with problems there and then
Pros
Good money to be eart
Cons
Very stressful
Fun and comfortable environment, however gave no notice of when workers were to be dismissed. I was dismissed on the day. Manager called me into office in morning at around 9.30 to inform me they are looking at removing people from the staff, starting with the newst, but was also told manager would fight for me and was reassured i would be okay. Came lunch time manager called me into office and told me that today was my last day. Funny part was i was told by 2 other managers before my own manager. Would not recommend as very difficult to progress, current staff dont like new people unless you really get on their level which can be some really weird levels. I was told by staff who has been there for 15-20 years to find another job instead of staying here only 1 month into the job and i was there for 9 months.
Was in barnsley for a week and then shadowing a sales rep. You dont get paid after 7 weeks and have to earn through commissions. All this about £2000+ per week is just an illusion....they changed my working hours to work from 10am-8pm and not 10-4 as agreed at the interview. I would never recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
nothing
Cons
bad in everyway
I worked with my dad and learnt lots of skills over a 2 year period, it’s now given me the experience and confidence to branch out on my own,I’m looking for wood to finding a new more permanent job.
I want something more stable with a salary and prospects for me and my family, this is to unstable for me. Its great if you have no responibilyus but cercomstances change
I highly recommend going for the order clearing job! Brilliant team all friendly staff. Confidence on the phone is key and ability to learn as you go.
I'll let you know when I'm in the office in the next few weeks and chat via email or something very flexible about working with them culturally very busy at work
Long hours massive travelling no family life at all, very poor management structure office staff very infantile , like making out you are due for promotion sending you down to head office on a wild goose chase
I just started working at this company in hull had the most fun course what was relaxed and learnt alot the person who took the course gareth made us at ease and made the course fun had dominos for dinner all staff seem fun looking forward to starting my future with safestyle looking forward to write a review in a couple of weeks been told am a star of the future see what happens.
Pros
Free dinner fun course laughs
Cons
In the interview didn’t get told what I was doing till I got there which was a course also the pay is really poor unless you get certain amount of leads which is only £40 a lead which you didn’t get unless a sales member goes to the customer door also expect you learn everything within a couple of day and staff was leaving every couple of days but would be good for for someone young where can learn the trade but if need money for anything not enough to be made
If you commit to the Company's training and work ethic. You can't go far wrong. But don't try and reinvent the wheel. Their system works. The pay structure is the most comprehensive in the industry. Earning potential unlimited.
If you are passionate, determined, ambitious and willing to put in the hard work Safestyle is a fantastic place to work, the whole business is geared towards rewarding effort and those who contribution towards it's success. They were fast to recognise my abilities and support my career in a way that suited me. Having worked there nearly 8 years now I can honestly say there has never been a dull moment or regret!
Official response from Safestyle UK
4 September 2019
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you are one of the many who enjoy working at Safestyle.
I have worked for Safestyle for just under 2 years and have enjoyed every minute, it’s a completely different environment than my previous roles, however it’s fantastic for an individual who wants to progress and develop. The management are supportive and they cannot give enough praise, the ‘old’ Safestyle is no more & within 2 years I have seen it develop into something great. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for Safestyle! If you’re looking for a challenge and fantastic development opportunities, Safestyle is the place to be!
Went from fitting to manager Promised 3k bonus every 3 month Due to being on a lot less money Never seen a penny In end had to leave through corrupt manager asking for back handers And getting shafted every week
It's been 2 weeks now since I finished my Training course in Barnsley. I was Totally New to the Double Glazing market, having avoided it in the past due to the inherent "reputation" of that market sector. The Training I received was straight forward,  and the facts & figures were all evidence-based. This alone helped me to understand just why SafeStyle had become the Number 1 Supplier of Double Glazing Windows and Doors in the UK. On my first day back at my Local Office, I was assigned to a couple of Experienced Colleagues to go and observe the selling process out in the field.  After going on 5 or 6 appointments, I tried on my own.....  (by choice, but good to know that the experienced guys were more than willing to come with you, should I have felt the need)  It was a bit Scary at first, but now, having taken 7 Orders in my first 2 weeks, I'm absolutely loving it !! (and this is a quiet time of year...) I would recommend that people should at the very least, give it a go. Even if you then feel that it's not for you, the Experience you will gain, is something that can only Help you, in any future Career.
I work within the Marketing department at Safestyle and I have been part of this amazing company for 20 years. I joined the company after college and I have honestly never looked back, working my way up from a Marketing Assistant to Creative Marketing Manager. During my time at Safestyle i have worked alongside some very talented people and I have experienced so much, helping me to learn and progress my career. I am proud to be part of a successful, market leading company and knowing that the work I do contributes to this. Safestyle is like one big family, it’s a great place to work and if you are willing to put in the effort – you can really go places!
Great money if your face fits. Advancement and career progression is good as long as the current boss doesn’t have an agenda and is purely business enhancement focussed.
Pros
Nice miney
Cons
Self centred
  1. Job Security & Advancement