Saga

Saga Employee Reviews

It’s hard to say....

Pros: Their nursery for the staffs children is amazing and Ofsted 1. IT team have worked really hard to get us working from home. Apprenticeships available. Flexible working in some roles. Cons:Management do not care about your well being, only the figures. Every second of your working day is monitored and scored against targets you even get a ranking in your team about how good/bad your doing. Lots of redundancies. POOR wages for under-management roles and they fail to increase them every year in a way that the employees deserve. They will tell you how much profit the business is making in the same breath. No freedom of speech. Multiple staff off sick for stress, many heading that way. They offer the chance to speak up with mental health issues but as soon as you do your shut back down again and told to get on with the job. No career progression so you get stuck in your job. They will ask you however to increase your workload and help other departments, which is probably why there are no job opportunities because they source the extra hands from elsewhere. We have staff surveys now, but the responses to our complaints are like ‘huh, give us an example’ or ‘I’ve never witnessed that’. Pure denial. Oh I could go on, it’s so disappointing.

Pros

As above

Cons

As above

Toxic, disappointing and cliquey

I would start by saying the high turnover of staff should be the first warning sign, ask yourself why they are constantly hiring and have such a high turnover...A truly tragic company to work for. No room for progression and such a cliquey environment, grown adults acting like children (including management). You have unrealistic targets and management that belittle you 24/7, you are constantly under a magnifying glass.Management openly talk about sensitive information they have been given by employees on the floor without any regards or respect, and though you can report incidents unless you have proof they are not interested.They do not care about your well-being be it mental or physical health- constantly disregarded. Pay is vile compared to their competitors and the sickness monitoring scheme is laughable.Avoid this place at all costs!

Pros

Payday

Cons

Management, structure, shifts the list goes on

Its always a problem to get your correct wages.

Management don't know how to talk to staff, Carers are been abused on the job. Team leaders try to sow mischief amongst carers, management don't answer calls or resolve complaints. Most of all carers monthly wages are always short ,never correct. Its just a company without correct management.

Pros

Staff not caring

Great company to work for

Loved every minute of my time with Saga and would be still there now if it hadn't been for the pandemic. Some amazing opportunities, great products, some great colleagues. Miss it every day.

Pros

Top management that listen

Cons

Alot of restructures in recent years has seen alot of unemployment.

Please do not contemplate working here.

As an on the phone agent saga do not care about you what so ever, talk to them about mental health and they do not care. Working from home is challenging but understandable times however call centre agents have not even been given a thank you for all their support through lockdown. Instead they've made shifts worse, they've put our targets up and constant emails pressing us for more & more.They will take your commission away from you so easily, seems as if they will do everything in their power to take it away from you so they do not have to pay it.Although they're saving 11.2m a year by not having us in the office yet we don't even get a look in because were just the bread winners. Absolutely disgusted with this company, once so reputable but do not care for their staff what so ever.Managers are not even capable of lacing their boots to the role and as the higher ups go their just as bad.

Pros

When the shift ends.

Cons

Everything. Just everything

Disappointing isn’t the word

I spent nearly 3 years at Saga and unfortunately left due to many reasons. Management as a whole is awful, and the few managers that are great aren’t appreciated. Unrealistic expectations on taking calls, they want you to be on the phone 99% of the day and have no empathy to stress levels of the job, their attitude is clear, business needs and nothing else. Poor salary and no care for their employees. Not an experience I’d recommend!

Pros

Work with good people, some managers are great

Cons

Poor salary, no empathy, poorly run, managers lack skill

Avoid at all costs

I worked there for about a year . The management was poor and management were not understanding of those with mental health or long term conditions . The stress of the job and the stress you are put under due to management etc is unbearable. Most of the managers are not supportive and just read from a script when talking to you. I would avoid at all costs . They don’t care about you as a person you are just a number

Pros

Cons

Stressful, poor management

Rewarding

The operatives were the main problem, they would lie about the clients because some sw would refuse to accept assignments. Everyone should be aware of the nature of this job and understand that not all clients are going to be a walk in the park, the operatives shouldn't have judged everyone the same, be upfront so the sw knows what they would be dealing with and therefore there are no surprises. I personally would not just decline an assignment before at least giving it a try but did not appreciate being lied to. Retaining staff was also problem which to be fair is an issue throughout the care industry so you were sent to another client after your two wk break. I did enjoy the role for the most part and would do it again. probabe sent could be all over the place.

Pros

Generous food allowance, 2 hr break

Cons

Client inconsistency

No support and bad management

No proper handover from outgoing carer. No support from manager, difficult client , MAR chart was amateur, nurse lead but advice given by leading nurse was poor. Mileage was not paid in full - have to claim back from HMRC . Not told at interview stage. Had to keep on requesting expenses to be paid.

Pros

Paid on time

Cons

Too many to list

Avoid at all costs!!!

I started at saga about a year and a half ago and have already had 3 different managers. Constant pressure put on you to hit targets, no chance of moving up anywhere unless you’re a bumlicker or sleeping with someone from management. Stress beyond belief, even stressed when you are not working! Taken to a disciplinary for having too much time off! I had 10 days off in 1 year, 2 weeks at a time for tonsillitis and I was threatened with a disciplinary meeting! It’s a joke! time wasting customers, not enough communication from management, pay is not good enough for the job you are doing! Any chance to take your commission away they will take it, no matter how hard you have worked all month! Just avoid please!!!

Jobs at Saga

See more jobs

Great place to expand your knowledge

lots of opportunity to learn multiple skills and meet new people. i have worked in the call centre on the phone selling home insurance and progressed into a fraud investigator roll as i had the desire to continue my learning and gain more valuable skills.

Fantastic company

Working for saga is amazing there is many benefits to working for this company more than any other employer’s I know off. The whole experience has been amazing they really look after their staff

Okay, stressful and target driven

Generally the work life balance is good. However constant changes and stress with meeting targets is not good. Is okay but can get boring.Things change to quickly.

Don’t do it to yourself

All started great until they asked for dbs after finishing 4-5 weeks of classroom training which they wasn’t satisfied with as offence on dbs was only 5 years old and not spent. Management don’t really speak to each other and are so far up themselves. Company is going downhill and losing money everyday I would avoid.

5 December 2019
Hello,Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.As a company that operates under FCA regulation we carry out vetting of all staff when they join us. We also ask candidates to complete a declaration prior to starting where we can have an open and honest conversation about any concerns that may come up on a DBS. I am sorry that you were not able to provide the information we required and that your time with us was short.If you wish to discuss further please contact me at saga.careers@saga.co.ukKind regards,Gary N.

Work

The job itself was inbound calls from customers who think they are better than you. The pay was not worth the hours or the stress. The hours were ridiculous and the management was overall poor.

Pros

Good colleagues

Cons

Bad pay, bad hours and stressful job

31 July 2019
Hello,Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.It is good to read that you felt you had good colleagues when you were with Saga. I agree we have a great team.I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy other areas of the role and would be happy to discuss this further with you. Insight from both current and former employees is valuable to me.Kind regards,Gary Nsaga.careers@saga.co.uk

Just run ... don’t do it !!!

Saga has got to be one of the worst employers I have ever worked for , they talk the talk but can’t even walk .long hrs for laughable wages middle management are a group of friends that have as much training as a performing chimp and have no people or communication skills what so ever. If you want to get ahead and progress good luck unless you are sleeping with a manager, everyone is always stressed and or crying every day .... good luck you’re going to need it

Pros

Home time

31 July 2019
Hello,Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I haven't seen anything of what you mention so I would be really grateful if you could reach out to me to discuss further.Kind regards,Gary Nsaga.careers@saga.co.uk

Great environment, but no possibilities to advance

Although the company provides an excellent working environment, it fails everywhere else. The salary package is not in line with the regional market, there are no possibilities for development and the middle management are not supportive.

31 July 2019
Hello,Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.As a current employee, you will be able to discuss your concerns with the human resources team or with me if you don't feel you are being supported in your role.Please reach out and I will be happy to help.Kind regards,Gary Nsaga.careers@saga.co.uk

Awful

Terrible company, Treat there staff terribly with constant favourites, your timed and monitored every single Minute of the day. The managers talk down to you, the pay is absoubtly shocking. Some targets impossible to meet if you say 1 wrong thing on the phone you can’t get to your target all as another way of making sure they can pay you next to nothing. no progression, no care. Working very very hard and not seeing the benefits. 99.9% of staff absolutely despise working there. Do not work there. It’s a black hole of disappointment.

Pros

Free bus

Cons

There aren’t enough bullet points in the world

31 July 2019
Hello,Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.I am sorry to hear that you feel so badly about the company you work for and I would like to discuss this further with you to learn more about your concerns.Please reach out to me when you are free.Kind regards,Gary Nsaga.careers@saga.co.uk

Wouldnt give them the time of day

Expect you to work 24/7 pick up loads of overtime and not pay you, change rota without telling you, add or change calls without telling you - no communication. No confidentiality, office staff will ring and tell you who's off sick and why. Director doesn't care none of them do as long as you work to your bones. Discipline you for being late to calls when they don't allocate you enough travel time.

Pros

Lovely clients

Cons

The whole company

31 July 2019
Hello there,Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your time with us. We don't want anyone to feel the way you do so I would be grateful if you could reach out to me so I can learn more.Kind regards,Gary Nsaga.careers@saga.co.uk

Robs you of all self confidence

I worked here for 2 and a half years as a customer service advisor. The job in itself is ok, you get your fair share of grumpy customers but generally people are ok to deal with and you never know what the next call will be about which adds some variety. The problems I have with this company are that you are basically bullied into saying certain things to customers to get them to either buy something like an add on or to renew regardless of the type of customer you have on the other end of the phone. If you aren't hitting targets you are threatened with coaching contracts on a regular basis. Any tiny mistake will have you in HR begging for forgiveness. So demoralizing. Commission is very easily lost...it seems that they will go out of their way to find a fault with you so you don't get your commission you worked so hard for. In a nutshell if you really need a job it will get you by ok for a while but I couldn't stay here long term. Working hours are good if you are part time but full time hours have horrendous shift patterns. Nice canteen and free parking.

Pros

Nice office and surroundings

Cons

Stressful. Always fear making mistakes.

Run away do not join Saga

I'm based in customer service in Folkestone. I'm earning about £8.15 an hour and don't get sick pay. Someone actually asked me why i bother going to work as my pay is so poor. Manager's will go on about the 'Rem levels' but unless you never go sick, never go non comp, always hit your targets you'll never move up the rem levels. One Saga doesn't exist as call centre staff are treated appallingly compared to other departments. Staff are leaving all the time and morale is rock bottom. No-one listens or cares. Don't fall for the bull they give you at the assessment dsys, progress is virtually impossible from customer services to elsewhere in the business, money is dire, targets not achievable and perks pretty non existent. Just walk away and consider yourself lucky if you never get to work here.

Pros

Home time, private healthcare

Cons

Pay. Management, morale

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saga. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement