Sage

Sage Employee Reviews

Good money

Enjoy the tech side of the role however sales are more important than fixing the issue and when you cant fix it your still expected to sell something

Pros

Monday-friday

Cons

Sales driven role even though your technical support

Overworked stressful environment

Do not work here from an agency, if you do you will be ignored and treated like an outcast.Management are a joke, unprofessional and probably in the positions because of who they know not what they know.

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Work expectations unrealistic

stressful and long hours

under pressure all the time working long hours away from the family with very little benefits, manager was a bully and very inexperienced at there job.

Avoid

Poor training and very disorganised.. high sales targets and kpis are ridiculous .. worst job I ever had .. they have a huge turnover of staff and management is shocking !!

Cons

Wost contact centre i ever worked

When i first applied to Sage i was under the impression it was a permament contract with a 6 month probationary period through NRG who was recruiting for them at the time. On my 2nd day in training i got told it was a fixed term contract and also during training if we fell behind we were given time to improve. On the 3rd week we were all told if they didnt seem were in at their standard they would terminate our employment, adding pressure to them involved and also going back to their word about giving us more time to improve. I have over 15 years experience and never invested in me but they invested in younger people than me who has far less experience than ,me. I would strongly recommend not to go with this company as they clearly do not look after theor staff in the right way.

Pros

Excellent pay and Good hours

Cons

Do not look after their staff and always goes back in their word (No loyalty or Honesty)

Awful company to work for if you value your mental health

All sage care about are sales, they advertise the role as tech support when in reality the only tech support you offer to customers is an online guide which will be emailed to them to work through themselves without help. Because of Covid I was trained from home, at the end of the training I explained due to being at home I struggled a bit and needed some more time training before being put onto calls but they did not listen, I was then placed on calls and strongly criticised every time I done something wrong or didn’t know the answer to a problem which then resulted in me being put onto a support plan even though I told them I was not ready and didn’t have enough knowledge to take calls yet. All the targets contradict each other, to be hitting one target means failing another making it impossible to hit all targets something which once again you get criticised for not doing. If you’re on a call which overruns your break you will be disciplined for not taking your break in time even if it was because you were helping a customer. They claim to care about their staff but everyone I know who worked for sage suffered from bad mental health during their time there and upon leaving the company, I would not even recommend sage as a place to work to even the strongest of people.

Pros

Pay, no uniform

Cons

Everything else

Fun company to work for

This job is paid by the call and not an hourly rate, leaving home early in the morning and sometimes not getting home till late in the evenings. A car driver is best for this job as calls can be miles apart. As a walker I found it difficult , I was in a village where I sometimes had hours between calls and had no where to go sit and wait, over all I loved the job but the pay is t that good and even working an 14 hour shift at the weekends still unable to cover basic living expenses

Pros

Pick your hours to work

Cons

AWFUL, don’t care about staff or customers

The amount of people who ended up off sick with stress/mental health issues because of sage says is all. The company only cares about sales even during a pandemic when customers have no money and are having to sack their staff and beg us for discounts we’re just encouraged to sell them even more or try to catch them out to pay for things they don’t even need. They claim to be all about the customer yet even though they charge a ridiculous amount for support we’re encouraged to avoid actually helping them and are told to just email the customer the steps at the end of the call so that it can be as quick and brief as possible. Not only this but they claim to want to reduce repeat callers but if you wait even a few seconds for a customer to check some information you need for the call you are criticised by management for not forcing the customer to call back and wait in the queue again? The KPI’s all contradict eachother so there’s no way to actually succeed as if you focus on sales and getting the customers off the phone you’ll have terrible feedback from customers. If you focus on actually helping them you end up getting disciplined for not focusing on what you’re supposed to be doing aka selling. Whenever you try to bring up the contradictions of the KPI’s you are encouraged to quit because the job ‘might not be for you’. The company never takes responsibility for the huge decline in staff over the past year and constantly just deflects the blame. Avoid this company at all costs.

Pros

Wage higher than average call centre role, good bonus, good training

Cons

Poor management, unachievable targets, poor support for mental health

Targets and sales for a customer service role.

Promoted to help the customers by providing self help articles and penalised for spending too long with customers. Would not recommend working for this company if you want to help people as there will be very little job satisfaction from trying to get a customer who needs help off of the phone and trying to sell them something while you do so.

Pros

Money and hours are okay

Cons

The job, the targets, the business philosophy/plan

would not work here if i was paid triple wages.

the role is completely mi-sold. the role was for a technical support advisor. All the management are bothered about is your cross selling, to resolve the tech issues, you would look for an article and give that to the customer and expect them to fix it themselves, then have to try sell numerous packages. if you got a poor nps score because the management kick off if you try resolve a query, they would then kick off about the nps. you are basically set up to fail. they want robots who dont care about the service but do about the money in their pockets. they say its commission based as well but honestly its not worth the additional hassle. worst company ive ever worked for

Pros

basic pay was alright

Cons

all the above

Soul destroying

Advertised as a tech support role, this is true for the first few weeks of employment, however after that it becomes nearly entirely sales orientated which completely undermines the nature of the job. Management is shambolic (4 managers in the space of 4 months) and the only thing they worry about is how well you force an unwanted product down an innocent customers neck

Sales

Great company to work for with lots of benefits. Healthcare, discounts etc. Sales commission could be better. Would recommend working at Sage. Finds there is not many positions for progression or development.

Pros

Incentives, Healthcare Flexible, great people

Cons

Slow Innovation, commission structure

Good place to work and supported well by immediate peers and managers. Plenty of opportunity to progress. From being a sleeping they are now headed in the right direction.

I enjoy working here

I do enjoy working here and love the people and the culture Its an interesting job and the customers are great to work with and always a pleasure to solve issues they maybe having

Pros

Great environment

Cons

Customer service but still need to make sales on every call

Lovely staff, poor management & leadership

Working in the finance division for a period of 3 years, Sage is a challenging and can be an exciting place to work. In spite of this it still operates a blame culture at the top level where staff members are frequently not given the tools to succeed in their role and blamed for not meeting unrealistic deadlines. Progression opportunities are available however personally I felt I got a lack of support and development from my line manager.

Job satisfaction

Job started off relaxed as long as work done leading to being more or less forced to train yourself or have your annual pay rise and or any bonus reduced or taken away with big brother watching your progress and development only to be made redundant because you and your workmates did not fit requirements to go forward via redundancy

sage uki

In my own personal opinion Sage is a good company to work for. 9-5 working and if your the right person great development opportunities. Some of the people you work with are also a great part about sage. Training is also outstanding.

Confusing place to work

Disparate systems and teams, hard to find business information. No help or assistance is given by my marketing to get the new programme off the ground

Fast paced, happy and satisfying assignment

Worked as an Contractor on one of their IT projects. Tasks were fast paced. Most communications via Skype with a team spread across the world. It was an enjoyable experience, but the overall programme lacked focus which was a little frustrating.

Hard working environment

Busy place to work in. Very Focussed on staff development and fairness. New products going to market all the time. Family friendly place to work. Various technologies on offer.

Sage uk ltd

An excellent place to work,A great work life balance. Excellent facilities in North park and great staff. Unfortunately for me sage decided to use contractors and I was given a handsome redundancy package

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sage. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement