Sainburys

Sainburys Employee Reviews

Not enough support from Managers. Some staff are miserable and have been there so long they don’t even care about the customers anymore. Lots of back stabbing and non professional behaviour. Not having a choice in working weekends especially when there are people who can only work weekends. For instance uni people or parents.All they care about is money! Not what they pay either!
Pros
Ok uniform
Cons
Having no choice is working weekends. Miserable staff
I worked for bells then sainsbury's took over it was a good change over we didn't loss out on pay from weekly to monthly they helped out .Brilliant staff to work with
Pros
Discount card and nectar card
Cons
The entire workforce is respectful, kind and encouraging. They’re helpful, as a beginner it’s normal to get things wrong but it can still be embarrassing but they are so reassuring!! Loved working there!
Pros
10% Colleague Discount
Cons
Temporary Contracts
I am working at Sainsbury's with a agency the staff there I find very nice and help full. But I am looking for something more permanent. You go in at the start of your shift you know what your job is so you are left to do it.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Not bad hours
I am lucky to have good managers. They are, however, hampered by having to operate within the corporate culture with inflexible rules and monitoring. This results in things that are easy to monitor being emphasised and creativity suppressed to some extent. I think this is typical of modern corporate structures. Having been around a while I remember times of greater autonomy which allowed initiatives to be taken and I regret the inflexibility technology has brought with it. However, I enjoy the job and like the people I work with very much so have no hesitation in recommending working for Sainsbury’s in a driver’s role.
Pros
Colleagues, being out on the road, nice customers, job satisfaction.
Cons
Late shifts, the odd entitled need to get over themselves customer.
I worked for sainsburys for 3 and a half years and simply left as I wanted to start a career. The company was nice to work for, at the time the pay was competitive. Sometimes management could be a little unprofessional but I’m sure that was more of a store issue than a company issue. It was enjoyable to work there, sometimes could be a little boring. Always opportunities for overtime but never pressured to take it on if you couldn’t. There isn’t much chance to progress anywhere which is a down side but it’s a nice little part time job or weekend job for someone.
9.30/hourDecent pay for what you have to do - you are not overworked. I have worked in Sainsbury’s for over a year now (as a customer assistant) and I have been working between a few different stores. Overall, Sainsburys has been my favourite job but it really depends on the store that you work at. The work is not hard and it is not stressful and it is rare that I experience any difficulties on a day to day basis. The work can become a bit repetitive but that isn’t really a problem for me and I just get on with it. I don’t really have anything bad to say, as long as you get along with your fellow colleagues you will have a good time.
Pros
10% off sainsburys and Argos. Occasional vouchers. Decent pay.
Think twice before applying .No social distance between colleagues .Staff refusing to wear face masks .No management in online department after 4pm as they only work days and have to have 5 managers on at same time .Give delivery drivers 8minutes from arrival at address to unload van unpack and leave .The shopping is not in bags .45 min travel time to Ashford from broadstairs given actually takes over 1hr as vans restricted.Go over speed mph by 3mph you will be in for a meeting 3x and you’re out .Staff are a number and management don’t give a toss about there staff . Avoid like the plague .
Pros
Non
Cons
To many to list
I enjoyed working here soo much. It was a shame I had a different pathway for life otherwise I would have stayed to progress onto management. Lovely staff and very laid back everyone was supportive and you make some real friends that last forever !
Pros
Meeting Lovely People
Cons
Working Weekends
Really enjoy working here just need some for hours just now iWork with great people who work hard like myself which makes a difference we always get all our work done for the end of our shift.
My role at Sainsburys was a new one due to management restructure and Sainsburys getting rid of individual team leaders to replace with 3/4 Night shift managers, not the teams fault as it was always very busy but I really didn’t know what I was doing 6 months into the job and mainly stacked shelves due to the workload being larger than the night shift team could handle each and every night. Being a mum of 2 I was assured at interview that it would be a four on four off role with great work life balance (it never was) and even at the end of my shift if there was still things to do (and I had a little flexibility but no more than 30 mins over due to sharing childcare duties with my partner and him needing to leave for work during the day) if I then had to go it wasn’t received well with other members of the management team. I knew the role would be challenging but I wasn’t quite expecting it to be what it was. Needless to say most of the management team I trained with left their individual stores within the first year of appointment. It’s a shame because I was made to feel very welcome by the management team in Bristol.
Pros
Most of the team were great to work with
Cons
No work life balance as promised
I personally would not want to work there again cuz the way the treated me and because they cancelled my contract for no reason at all where I find it very unfair.
Cons
Very strict and they're not easy with treatment and sometimes very rude
I don't know what to say been treated totally unfairly I had a lot lot off stressful moment when I worked there in Sainsbury Newbury sooner I think of that place Sainsbury Rg14 Newbury I Become upset I never I had in my life such I bad treatment like the one I experience in that place Sainsbury Newbury Rg14 Management only with them selfs don't care a bout staff. I my self been treated like strangers make me feel I don't belong here I feelt humiliated They make you work like a donkey and that's it Management very bad if they don't like you they do anything to get rid of you
Lots of benefits and support from our management, all team members work well together, line manager always willing to help out when he can.you have the option to join the pension and share option.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
This is a very vindictive and unpleasant place to work. Management dont even like each other,God-alone the staff. 'IF YOUR FACE FITS' THEN U WILL B OK.
Pros
Home time
Cons
Been at sainsburys for 18 months it was good to start with until cov-19 was taken for granted as a key worker got a bonus like 10% of a months money there the likes of asda and morrisons got ÂŁ1k bonus not good
Pros
Days off in the week
Cons
Bad sleep pattern
Absolute shocking place to work. Never have I ever been treated so badly by management. They think that they’re worth more then you. And you’re not even a human being. Anytime they talk to you is to tell you off, an are constantly pushing you to your limits. If you don’t make the cut you’re replaced, simple. They’re a profit based company so what can you expect. I’ll never ever come back to Sainsbury’s. The other staff are great! It’s just the managers. Not recommend, it’ll scar you for the rest of your life. also they have no Covid social Distance measures at all for staff. Because ANYONE can be replaced. Also, 3 absences youre in for a disciplinary. So if your having on going health conditions don’t join because Sainsbury’s don’t give a toss about you or your health.Also. About COVID. They make you do training for COVID on a iPad that says keep two meters ect. But they have a pick speed of 160. If you don’t hit 160 you’ll get a performance review. You can’t hit pick speed if you’re social distancing. So they basically force you to ignore the guidelines to social distance because you’re scared you’re going to loose your job. Surly they’re breaking laws by doing this.
Pros
Flexible, other colleges are great!
Cons
Management suck
I travelled to Sainsbury in Luton on a a school day, bearing in mind im 17, I met the manager and after 15 minutes of trying to do the interview I got told that they don't have me on the system and I have to email someone. So I was at the bus stop, emailed that individual and they said that I had to go to some place within the store in order to do the interview when the manager said I should go. Total waste of time and unorganised.
Pros
nothing
Cons
a lot
All change in last few years, new young managers with no experience, taking the roles. Pushing there way up on the backs of the workers. No support on evening shifts. Increasing business to prove to higher management
Pros
Haven't found any
Cons
Like big brother, meetings for everything wrong
It was hard work physically, however it was rewarding to see the end result at the end of a shift. Gave you a sense of pride and accomplishment to see what you have achieved.
As part time job goes picking items through the very early morning goes, it's not too bad of a job, where my branch in particular falters is it's level of management, as far as I've seen management isn't promoted from within its hired from outside and they burn through managers like they're going out of fashion, this means you can never build a good working relationship at all levels of your department or team. With each new managers comes their own ideas and ways of working and usually there's is only one way, their way.If your looking for a job to just get on with without being bothered to much this is pretty much it, but don't expect much else. If you don't meet targets then the managers won't get their bonus! I think you can see where I'm going here!
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Very early mornings
  1. Employee reviews