Sainburys

Sainburys Culture reviews

I am lucky to have good managers. They are, however, hampered by having to operate within the corporate culture with inflexible rules and monitoring. This results in things that are easy to monitor being emphasised and creativity suppressed to some extent. I think this is typical of modern corporate structures. Having been around a while I remember times of greater autonomy which allowed initiatives to be taken and I regret the inflexibility technology has brought with it. However, I enjoy the job and like the people I work with very much so have no hesitation in recommending working for Sainsbury’s in a driver’s role.
Pros
Colleagues, being out on the road, nice customers, job satisfaction.
Cons
Late shifts, the odd entitled need to get over themselves customer.
The entire workforce is respectful, kind and encouraging. They’re helpful, as a beginner it’s normal to get things wrong but it can still be embarrassing but they are so reassuring!! Loved working there!
Pros
10% Colleague Discount
Cons
Temporary Contracts
I worked for sainsburys for 3 and a half years and simply left as I wanted to start a career. The company was nice to work for, at the time the pay was competitive. Sometimes management could be a little unprofessional but I’m sure that was more of a store issue than a company issue. It was enjoyable to work there, sometimes could be a little boring. Always opportunities for overtime but never pressured to take it on if you couldn’t. There isn’t much chance to progress anywhere which is a down side but it’s a nice little part time job or weekend job for someone.
I enjoyed working here soo much. It was a shame I had a different pathway for life otherwise I would have stayed to progress onto management. Lovely staff and very laid back everyone was supportive and you make some real friends that last forever !
Pros
Meeting Lovely People
Cons
Working Weekends
Lots of benefits and support from our management, all team members work well together, line manager always willing to help out when he can.you have the option to join the pension and share option.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
Was great to work in the apartment great workers fun people some good management in that department always helpful around work issues and personal family issues always willing to help out
Pros
Very easy with work load and vans
Cons
Good handsets and amazing ga, s
Pay very competitive for what the job entailed. I worked on the counter with a great team and enjoyed coming to work each day. Some managers very good others incompetent.
Pros
10% Discount
Cons
I worked in Sainsbury’s for over a year and never felt comfortable there. The management are horrible and make you feel guilty all the time (e.g. if you don’t do many hours, if you don’t always do overtime). You are constantly rushed to do work which becomes challenging after rushing around on your feet constantly for 8 hours. There is no sense of community in the store, colleagues and managers are unhealthily competitive and rude, which doesn’t let the store run very smoothly. I had such bad anxiety working here and would feel nervous about going in as it was so uncomfortable. After 4 hours of work I’d get such bad headaches as the pressure was intense and constant... Also as they do not play music in the store (at all) it becomes mind numbing. After handing my notice in they cut off my discount immediately without telling me. The managers are awfully rude, especially if you call in sick... they love to show their power (especially the women) whenever they can by intimidating you. Really wouldn’t recommend (coming from someone who would work anywhere!), don’t put yourself through the torture! Whilst being here I was called fat and that I looked “pregnant”, ugly, that my makeup was terrible... it was just constant competition for small minded selfish people. I only stayed for so long because I was so desperate for the money.
friendly and fun place to work. great for new experience and pushing your self to socially communicate if situations that don't pass you in everyday life.
Currently work for Sainsbury's as a manager, and it is a very inclusive, and does business that I feel does right for its colleagues and customers always
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sainburys?
I enjoyed my time working at Sainsbury's. Every day is a new learning experience and I was grateful to all the people I met along the way, both among the staff and customers.
Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting customers and helping them with their needs. I met some new friends and people that have inspired me to look into different lines of work.
In my 20years at Sainsbury’s I enjoyed everything that I experienced yes there were times that were hard going but the support is there when needed and the family culture and working together was always there if you needed direction It was difficult at times the pressure but that’s the nature of the business you have to adapt to survive
Culture of bullying if you don't do a certain task ie work in the chiller on your own even though no one works in the chiller alone. If you don't do it,you usually get a written warning or dismissed because apparently to refuse a request even if it is unreasonable is Gross Misconduct!!. There is alot more work than it states in the job description.BE WARNED. The job is ok
Good team pleasant surrounding with helpful staff for you to improve,offer a great service on online delivering uniform is supplied and as is all training
enjoyable work with targets to meet friendly and helpfull staff right up to store manager - opportunity to gain experience in all aspects and all departments and help to suit your needs with hours or shift times
Small store good working family. Co-workers try hard to achieve targets set. New management teams now in place could do with more support and training. New technology in use to assist with job could do with more incentive for colleagues to encourage them to use it.
Some diffucult management some decent management highly competitive colleagues doesn’t require much thought. Don’t do if you’re not looking for a easy job
I learnt how to deal with different types of customers in the store whilst I was working on the tills. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people as not everyone is the same and when you have regular customers who come back to your till it's nice because you can talk to them and get to know them.
Amazing job, hard work and quite physical but the pay is great and the people are lovely. If you like getting on with things and speaking to customers this is the job for you!
Managers were great, so helpful and approachable much better management than when I worked in Tesco, I was a personal shopper and the older women that worked there were clicky and sometimes two faced also liked to think they ruled the roost, the younger ones were surprisingly easy to get along with. I enjoyed my work here and money was great would definitely go back it was a great team