Sainburys

Sainburys Management reviews

Not enough support from Managers. Some staff are miserable and have been there so long they don’t even care about the customers anymore. Lots of back stabbing and non professional behaviour. Not having a choice in working weekends especially when there are people who can only work weekends. For instance uni people or parents.All they care about is money! Not what they pay either!
Pros
Ok uniform
Cons
Having no choice is working weekends. Miserable staff
Promisd over time and to be able to improve in company at interview , when started things were not so. Managers are childish and infair if you don't agree with what they say.
Pros
Reasonable hourly pay
Cons
Childish environment
Awful place to work the management are useless and bullies they pick on staff and are extremely belittling, the staff are constantly gossiping about each other and are often rude I have never had so many negative comments about my weight and hairline or anything else about my appearance at this job it’s horrible I’ve come home crying nearly everyday everyone is miserable there is no team work at all and so many harsh systems in place that if you sneeze someone is standing behind you to shout at you for it DONT WORK HEAR!! They have also over time taken away so many things like bonuses and paid breaks and premiums
Cons
Worked there for 5 years. I had the worst managers. I struggled with my mental health and one of the managers told me to just take some tablets and get over it. I was also told that they have been through worse thing in there life so I need to handle it better. I used to have panic attacks and they would still leave me on checkouts even when I was crying. You couldn’t tell the store manager about it’s because they was all best friends so nothing would of changed. When I was signed off for my mental health I was told that was my choice to be signed of and that I couldn’t do anything better and that Sainsbury’s was the best job to have. I have never met such horrible managers and they wondered why so many people left
Pros
When it was time to clock out
Cons
Managers and everything else to do with the job
I worked for sainsburys for 3 and a half years and simply left as I wanted to start a career. The company was nice to work for, at the time the pay was competitive. Sometimes management could be a little unprofessional but I’m sure that was more of a store issue than a company issue. It was enjoyable to work there, sometimes could be a little boring. Always opportunities for overtime but never pressured to take it on if you couldn’t. There isn’t much chance to progress anywhere which is a down side but it’s a nice little part time job or weekend job for someone.
Think twice before applying .No social distance between colleagues .Staff refusing to wear face masks .No management in online department after 4pm as they only work days and have to have 5 managers on at same time .Give delivery drivers 8minutes from arrival at address to unload van unpack and leave .The shopping is not in bags .45 min travel time to Ashford from broadstairs given actually takes over 1hr as vans restricted.Go over speed mph by 3mph you will be in for a meeting 3x and you’re out .Staff are a number and management don’t give a toss about there staff . Avoid like the plague .
Pros
Non
Cons
To many to list
I enjoyed working here soo much. It was a shame I had a different pathway for life otherwise I would have stayed to progress onto management. Lovely staff and very laid back everyone was supportive and you make some real friends that last forever !
Pros
Meeting Lovely People
Cons
Working Weekends
My role at Sainsburys was a new one due to management restructure and Sainsburys getting rid of individual team leaders to replace with 3/4 Night shift managers, not the teams fault as it was always very busy but I really didn’t know what I was doing 6 months into the job and mainly stacked shelves due to the workload being larger than the night shift team could handle each and every night. Being a mum of 2 I was assured at interview that it would be a four on four off role with great work life balance (it never was) and even at the end of my shift if there was still things to do (and I had a little flexibility but no more than 30 mins over due to sharing childcare duties with my partner and him needing to leave for work during the day) if I then had to go it wasn’t received well with other members of the management team. I knew the role would be challenging but I wasn’t quite expecting it to be what it was. Needless to say most of the management team I trained with left their individual stores within the first year of appointment. It’s a shame because I was made to feel very welcome by the management team in Bristol.
Pros
Most of the team were great to work with
Cons
No work life balance as promised
I personally would not want to work there again cuz the way the treated me and because they cancelled my contract for no reason at all where I find it very unfair.
Cons
Very strict and they're not easy with treatment and sometimes very rude
I don't know what to say been treated totally unfairly I had a lot lot off stressful moment when I worked there in Sainsbury Newbury sooner I think of that place Sainsbury Rg14 Newbury I Become upset I never I had in my life such I bad treatment like the one I experience in that place Sainsbury Newbury Rg14 Management only with them selfs don't care a bout staff. I my self been treated like strangers make me feel I don't belong here I feelt humiliated They make you work like a donkey and that's it Management very bad if they don't like you they do anything to get rid of you
Lots of benefits and support from our management, all team members work well together, line manager always willing to help out when he can.you have the option to join the pension and share option.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
This is a very vindictive and unpleasant place to work. Management dont even like each other,God-alone the staff. 'IF YOUR FACE FITS' THEN U WILL B OK.
Pros
Home time
Cons
Absolute shocking place to work. Never have I ever been treated so badly by management. They think that they’re worth more then you. And you’re not even a human being. Anytime they talk to you is to tell you off, an are constantly pushing you to your limits. If you don’t make the cut you’re replaced, simple. They’re a profit based company so what can you expect. I’ll never ever come back to Sainsbury’s. The other staff are great! It’s just the managers. Not recommend, it’ll scar you for the rest of your life. also they have no Covid social Distance measures at all for staff. Because ANYONE can be replaced. Also, 3 absences youre in for a disciplinary. So if your having on going health conditions don’t join because Sainsbury’s don’t give a toss about you or your health.Also. About COVID. They make you do training for COVID on a iPad that says keep two meters ect. But they have a pick speed of 160. If you don’t hit 160 you’ll get a performance review. You can’t hit pick speed if you’re social distancing. So they basically force you to ignore the guidelines to social distance because you’re scared you’re going to loose your job. Surly they’re breaking laws by doing this.
Pros
Flexible, other colleges are great!
Cons
Management suck
All change in last few years, new young managers with no experience, taking the roles. Pushing there way up on the backs of the workers. No support on evening shifts. Increasing business to prove to higher management
Pros
Haven't found any
Cons
Like big brother, meetings for everything wrong
As part time job goes picking items through the very early morning goes, it's not too bad of a job, where my branch in particular falters is it's level of management, as far as I've seen management isn't promoted from within its hired from outside and they burn through managers like they're going out of fashion, this means you can never build a good working relationship at all levels of your department or team. With each new managers comes their own ideas and ways of working and usually there's is only one way, their way.If your looking for a job to just get on with without being bothered to much this is pretty much it, but don't expect much else. If you don't meet targets then the managers won't get their bonus! I think you can see where I'm going here!
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Very early mornings
Was great to work in the apartment great workers fun people some good management in that department always helpful around work issues and personal family issues always willing to help out
Pros
Very easy with work load and vans
Cons
Good handsets and amazing ga, s
I can’t stress this enough, PLEASE avoid this company. There are several other jobs out there that pay the exact same and make you do less work. If you want a social life, spend time with your family, or need a general wage to pay rent and a car, don’t go here. If your face fits, you’ll get the overtime, if it doesn’t, then you’re on 12 hour contract. 12 hour contracts don’t pay for Petrol, a car, rent, food on the table. The management next to nothing, untrained and unprofessional, leading to them hiring people who can’t do the job properly. I was so sick and tired, they make you finish at 11:30pm then come in at 6:30am the next day. By law, you must sign a contract agreeing to this although I never signed anything. Disgusting place to work, I am begging you NOT to go here.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Bullying management, no overtime
I enjoyed working at Liphook,Sainsbury’s it’s a very close family feeling and everyone will help you if you need them to You can do overtime to make your money up, also you are encouraged by management to be the very best you can be.
Pros
Monthly pay and very easy to get to from my house
Cons
Awful place to work.collegues were fine.but management was awful.bullying..and if your face fit all was ok.rubbish training and some managers did not have a clue and abusive and bullies
Pros
Cons
Just awful avoid like the plague
I wouldn't work here again if they offered me 1million pounds per week it's depressing environment and they way they treat you is appalling I wouldn't treat my neibours cat as bad as they treated staff especially disabled members they took pure advantage of them
Pros
There isnt any its depressing
Cons
You will want to head butt a wall
As a customer and trading manager it will be expected of you to live and breathe Sainsbury’s. On your day off you will still be expected to answer work calls and any work related questions. If they could get away with making you work 7 days a week, they would! You are regularly shifted to finish at 10pm and be in at 7am the next day. As a company they don’t care about your social life or mental health, they only care about you putting Sainsbury’s first before anything else in your life. The pay is mediocre and the bonus system is an insult. Managers were given £50 bonuses for the year as a “thank you” from Sainsbury’s. You will find yourself working more than your weekly contracted hours and you won’t be paid for it or be given the opportunity to take the time back. Unless you are a yes man and have no social life whatsoever, I would avoid this company. They only care about making money and couldn’t care less about their employees. You are made to feel like you are a small cog in a factory that can be easily replaced.
Pros
The colleagues you work with are nice people.
Cons
Pay. The company. Management. No social life whatsoever. Long and unpaid hours.