Sainburys
Happiness score is 61 out of 100

Sainburys Pay & benefits reviews

9.30/hourDecent pay for what you have to do - you are not overworked. I have worked in Sainsbury’s for over a year now (as a customer assistant) and I have been working between a few different stores. Overall, Sainsburys has been my favourite job but it really depends on the store that you work at. The work is not hard and it is not stressful and it is rare that I experience any difficulties on a day to day basis. The work can become a bit repetitive but that isn’t really a problem for me and I just get on with it. I don’t really have anything bad to say, as long as you get along with your fellow colleagues you will have a good time.
Pros
10% off sainsburys and Argos. Occasional vouchers. Decent pay.
I am working at Sainsbury's with a agency the staff there I find very nice and help full. But I am looking for something more permanent. You go in at the start of your shift you know what your job is so you are left to do it.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Not bad hours
Lots of benefits and support from our management, all team members work well together, line manager always willing to help out when he can.you have the option to join the pension and share option.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
Been at sainsburys for 18 months it was good to start with until cov-19 was taken for granted as a key worker got a bonus like 10% of a months money there the likes of asda and morrisons got ÂŁ1k bonus not good
Pros
Days off in the week
Cons
Bad sleep pattern
I can’t stress this enough, PLEASE avoid this company. There are several other jobs out there that pay the exact same and make you do less work. If you want a social life, spend time with your family, or need a general wage to pay rent and a car, don’t go here. If your face fits, you’ll get the overtime, if it doesn’t, then you’re on 12 hour contract. 12 hour contracts don’t pay for Petrol, a car, rent, food on the table. The management next to nothing, untrained and unprofessional, leading to them hiring people who can’t do the job properly. I was so sick and tired, they make you finish at 11:30pm then come in at 6:30am the next day. By law, you must sign a contract agreeing to this although I never signed anything. Disgusting place to work, I am begging you NOT to go here.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Bullying management, no overtime
hard work, unequal treatment of people at work working night shifts you have a lot of free time plus more holiday good,friendly and hard working people
Pros
discount card
Cons
hard work
its far from the best job in the world however the store was poorly managed and over contracted and did not maintain my essentially cost unless i done silly amounts of over time to cover my essential costs i took this job when i was a student with the understanding that over time would be regular which was no the case it came here and their and some of it was last minute the fellow colleagues were all great and helpful over all not the best place to work but if your a student as i was and need a little pocket money to go along with your studies this maybe for you
Pros
pay rate
Cons
organisation
Starting work at 3am isn't the best part of the job but shifts tend to go quickly and you're never bored. I've worked in the bakery and as an online picker. There isn't much management which obviously has pros and cons. The picking is very fast paced as you have to keep your hourly 'score' above a certain standard. The pay is very good and the discount is okay for a supermarket.
Pros
never bored
Cons
unsociable hours
If you're good with working under pressure and have a good memory, it's a very good job, worth a try 👍🏻 For me I don't like working under pressure and it was very quick so I didn't like it that much.
Had contract for 32 hours but despite this was given less hours and you only get paid for the hours you work. Rota”s often changed at short notice meaning late one day and early next morning means 7-8 hours off before next duty shift..
Cons
Shifts Hours
Sainsbury’s is a good company to work for and the hourly pay rate is very good and inclusive. They have an app to show you when you will be in and when you clocked in and out which is good. Very well managed.
I am so sad to be writing a review because that means I have left the job! Sainsbury's is and probably will always be my favourite job that I have worked so far. In total I worked there for around 2 years. I started within the online department doing early morning shifts and once I got into a good routine, the hours did not bother me. The department itself is the largest in the store and it was so much fun to work for. I picked up on the job really quickly and was consistently praised by my managers for doing a good job and meeting targets, I think this is really important because you feel good and complimented especially when part of such a huge department. There was always banter and jokes in the department, everyone got on really well. We even used to go to McDonalds for breakfast after a particularly busy shift! I have definitely made friends for life at Sainsbury's which is amazing. Management themselves were always approachable and friendly and whenever I needed help, they were always willing to do what they could. I was really grateful when I needed to change my contracted days as my university exams were coming up meaning I needed more time during the week to study, my manager said "Sure, what do you need?" and it was implemented the week after. I even got the chance to work at different stores in other counties as I was studying away from home so was able to still work and earn some money even when I was far away from my usual store in Devon. I eventually moved to convenience as the hours suited me better and the consistency with managers was excellent. I only - more...
everyone at Sainsburys got on with one another during my time at Sainsburys. Sainsburys pay was brilliant as overtime was offered whenever you needed it.
Superb company. I work in a small convenience. Its like a little family. It can get buzy but that means its a good day. I'm proud of this job and what I have achieved thanks to good manager s
Pros
Discount, reward Scemes, constant recognition, good pay
Cons
Can be buzy.
Sainsburys is an excellent place to work, the pay is perfect on a standard ÂŁ9.20 ph which can increase, depending on your skills and achievements, Sainsburys allows you to enhance your skills and work in a team.
My experience with this company, has its up s and it’s down. The upside being, great pay and good staff benefits (if you decided to use them and pay a little). The reasons I left was due to poor management and lack of motivation to work there anymore. I feel also that the fact they changed shift hours for certain departments (Mine) had a big impact on me.Changing departments and doing 3am wake ups made me very ill..
Sainsburys is a good place to improve on your skills. I started of as a very shy person but i am now very confident. There used to be alot more staff but these days they employe alot less which means alot more work for current enployees. It can be stressful at times - especially weekends and christmas!
It’s an all right workplace. They don’t offer enough hours to sustain normal living. Some employees work really hard some talk a lot. Some managers are cliquey and prioritise same people when there is any overtime available. Overall not a bad place to work.
I left due to harassment from my department manager. I informed the store manager about it and felt belittled. The department manager kept threatening to sack me because I wasn’t going fast enough (worked in online shopping, shift started at 4:00am) made the work place stressful. Got told off when I eventually mentioned my depression which was hard to mention in the first place. Barely got praised which made me feel even more rubbish about myself.
Cons
In my opinion Sainsbury’s is a good place to work and the pay is above minimum wage. They offer flexible hours and are very friendly. I really enjoyed working at Sainsbury’s .
Was a good company to work for at first but during my 9years there i have to say its has gotten unenjoyable the last 2years. Changes to "save money" leading to pay cuts but hiring more poor management was a rediculous idea and work performance all round has shown that. Different level of work expectations required based on the colleague.