Sainburys

Sainburys Work-life balance reviews

For the time and store I worked at There was a lot of changes as well as a lot of staff turn overs.Very stressful environment at the time. New Staff needed more one to one training on the shop floor.
Pros
No prose
Cons
Long hours, short on staff
I am lucky to have good managers. They are, however, hampered by having to operate within the corporate culture with inflexible rules and monitoring. This results in things that are easy to monitor being emphasised and creativity suppressed to some extent. I think this is typical of modern corporate structures. Having been around a while I remember times of greater autonomy which allowed initiatives to be taken and I regret the inflexibility technology has brought with it. However, I enjoy the job and like the people I work with very much so have no hesitation in recommending working for Sainsbury’s in a driver’s role.
Pros
Colleagues, being out on the road, nice customers, job satisfaction.
Cons
Late shifts, the odd entitled need to get over themselves customer.
I worked for sainsburys for 3 and a half years and simply left as I wanted to start a career. The company was nice to work for, at the time the pay was competitive. Sometimes management could be a little unprofessional but I’m sure that was more of a store issue than a company issue. It was enjoyable to work there, sometimes could be a little boring. Always opportunities for overtime but never pressured to take it on if you couldn’t. There isn’t much chance to progress anywhere which is a down side but it’s a nice little part time job or weekend job for someone.
Really enjoy working here just need some for hours just now iWork with great people who work hard like myself which makes a difference we always get all our work done for the end of our shift.
My role at Sainsburys was a new one due to management restructure and Sainsburys getting rid of individual team leaders to replace with 3/4 Night shift managers, not the teams fault as it was always very busy but I really didn’t know what I was doing 6 months into the job and mainly stacked shelves due to the workload being larger than the night shift team could handle each and every night. Being a mum of 2 I was assured at interview that it would be a four on four off role with great work life balance (it never was) and even at the end of my shift if there was still things to do (and I had a little flexibility but no more than 30 mins over due to sharing childcare duties with my partner and him needing to leave for work during the day) if I then had to go it wasn’t received well with other members of the management team. I knew the role would be challenging but I wasn’t quite expecting it to be what it was. Needless to say most of the management team I trained with left their individual stores within the first year of appointment. It’s a shame because I was made to feel very welcome by the management team in Bristol.
Pros
Most of the team were great to work with
Cons
No work life balance as promised
All change in last few years, new young managers with no experience, taking the roles. Pushing there way up on the backs of the workers. No support on evening shifts. Increasing business to prove to higher management
Pros
Haven't found any
Cons
Like big brother, meetings for everything wrong
It was hard work physically, however it was rewarding to see the end result at the end of a shift. Gave you a sense of pride and accomplishment to see what you have achieved.
hard work, unequal treatment of people at work working night shifts you have a lot of free time plus more holiday good,friendly and hard working people
Pros
discount card
Cons
hard work
I found working at Sainsburys very enjoyable. It wasn’t stressful at all. The supervisors and managers were very approachable. No day was the same and I met some very nice people who used the shop.
Pros
Good life/ work balance. Picked my hours to suit myself.
Cons
Early start.
Had contract for 32 hours but despite this was given less hours and you only get paid for the hours you work. Rota”s often changed at short notice meaning late one day and early next morning means 7-8 hours off before next duty shift..
Cons
Shifts Hours
The work was very difficult due to the boredom and slow pace. Management is very confusing because you had about 4 or 5 managers on the same shift. and then they would all go home at the same time, leaving the evening shift without management.
Pros
You could shop after your shift ( If you had enough money left over from your meager wages)
Cons
Late shifts, working without instruction, boredom, Pay problems from day 1.
Sainsbury’s is a good company to work for and the hourly pay rate is very good and inclusive. They have an app to show you when you will be in and when you clocked in and out which is good. Very well managed.
Working in retail brings you an array of characters and problems to encounter each day. Working here you'll meet all of that. Along with the staff within the store. Management have a tough job and most of the time are able to sort it. However there is a definite divide between the management and normal staff.
I am so sad to be writing a review because that means I have left the job! Sainsbury's is and probably will always be my favourite job that I have worked so far. In total I worked there for around 2 years. I started within the online department doing early morning shifts and once I got into a good routine, the hours did not bother me. The department itself is the largest in the store and it was so much fun to work for. I picked up on the job really quickly and was consistently praised by my managers for doing a good job and meeting targets, I think this is really important because you feel good and complimented especially when part of such a huge department. There was always banter and jokes in the department, everyone got on really well. We even used to go to McDonalds for breakfast after a particularly busy shift! I have definitely made friends for life at Sainsbury's which is amazing. Management themselves were always approachable and friendly and whenever I needed help, they were always willing to do what they could. I was really grateful when I needed to change my contracted days as my university exams were coming up meaning I needed more time during the week to study, my manager said "Sure, what do you need?" and it was implemented the week after. I even got the chance to work at different stores in other counties as I was studying away from home so was able to still work and earn some money even when I was far away from my usual store in Devon. I eventually moved to convenience as the hours suited me better and the consistency with managers was excellent. I only - more...
friendly and fun place to work. great for new experience and pushing your self to socially communicate if situations that don't pass you in everyday life.
I really enjoyed working at Sainsbury’s even the night shift it was very fast paced but we got it done in the time that we needed to. I wish I had more time the as it was only temporary.
would never be a dull moment was always on the move and doing a job wether it was helping customers, tidying up, stocking shelves. But sometimes it could be very unorganised.
Superb company. I work in a small convenience. Its like a little family. It can get buzy but that means its a good day. I'm proud of this job and what I have achieved thanks to good manager s
Pros
Discount, reward Scemes, constant recognition, good pay
Cons
Can be buzy.
Good line managers they wii bend over backwards to help you. Usually different shifts each week so early shift one week late the next and most Saturdays or sundays. Some drivers do as they please and are not pulled up about it , management want a quiet life can’t blame them. Money is appalling. If your happy to take home about £270 then apply. Can be very physical at times. I’d describe it as a good stop gap job
Used to be a great place to work where you were appreciated and felt that there was always someone to talk to if needed. Now it’s all about sales figures and targets. Couldn’t give a monkeys about you or if you had any problems at work
Days can be long and very busy The day would start with preparing tills with all necessary equipment and allocation of till personnel opening the store and giving the best service to our customers