Sainsbury’s

United Kingdom11,208 reviews

Found 11,208 reviews matching the searchSee all 11,419 reviews
colleaguecheckoutwhilstdiscountunsociabletillstoresupermarket

Good money

Good money -if you're seeking to get more money and physical job thats right place.If you're loner you will be satisfied by working in your own pace and people dont really bother you or talk.

Hours suit, but difficult

Hours suit me for being able to partake in school runs etc, I guess depending on the job role. Very fast paced job, no time to stop, but time goes quickly. Discount is helpful at this time when everyone cutting back.

Insights into Sainsbury’s

Based on 1,717 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things

Just be yourself

Just be yourself Ask is it not sure about something they are very helpful to help you it’s a nice job . It’s nice driving around the country and meeting new people

Great Place to work! great team,

Making sure up-to date with training before shift, merchandising & re-merchandising, offering a high standard of customer service, conversing with colleagues & management, overseeing development of new colleagues. Hardest Part is merchandising making room for new stock making things look nice whilst going along wit the plans/guidelines given to me, and/or stress before visits by high ranking management, (maintaining a high standard around department whilst overseeing team, the best part of the job is working with the public offering a range of services!!

Pros

Free tea and coffee, great manager, great possibilities to progress, brill team, accommodating, good breaks

Cons

Double standards (certain situations ), Understaffed Massively!

Stressful

Worked happily for the company for 14 years, but now things have changed. The company doesn’t care about its staff and as a result are losing numerous hard working employees weekly! This is putting huge strain on those remaining and the company doesn’t care and have no interest in replacing.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Overworked

Very busy place to work

Worked here for just under two years and it got progressively more stressful as time went on. To begin with my job involved working through my allocated cages to replenish stock and clean up as I went long which was fine, but once I’d been made to become trained on checkouts, I spent most of my shifts there responding to the calls to help checkouts out and rarely managed to get my own tasks done, which caused a lot of stress. There was plenty of overtime as I was fully flexible with hours, so the money was great, and the other colleagues were very friendly. Management need some sensitivity training though for mental health.

Fast paced

Online shopper.Worked 4am - 8am. 16 hours a week.Very fast paced, always have to meet the IPH or else management will complain.Colleagues made it fun.

Good place to work!

Great team, supports new staff during induction and made to feel welcome.Inclusive culture with high customer service standards. Good management team who expect you to get involved in all aspects of the store function.

Pros

Supportive team and management.

Cons

Good place to work , everyone was friendly and welcoming, easy to get along with. Work was fast past but easy and enjoyable being left alone to get the work done.

Not very fun

Didn't really like working here the canteen facility's where useless not many vending machines to choose from and actual managers ignored you most of the time.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Hours not many

Good place

Sainsbury's is an interesting place to work, no two days are the same etc, it was fun dealing with drunk customers & people kicking off when you refused to serve them

Keeps you busy! Fun workplace!

Fulfilled orders for online shops. Packed totes and sometimes loaded vans. Working to targets is important. My manager & team leader were nice. Staff varied in ages but were friendly and welcoming. Hardest part of the job was the unsociable hours & lack of hours. Otherwise really enjoyed it.

Not good pay

Had to help on shop floor, but I was a driver. Some of managers where out of order. Even if we wasn't on there department the pay was not right for the job that we did, tipcal supermarket pay

Pros

Out on road

Online shopper

Albeit for a month I absolutely loved doing the online shopping, colleagues were helpful and friendly and management were good to me only drawback was 5am start but you have the rest of the day to yourself

Pros

All day free

Cons

Early start

Pay Was good management was ok

2 if the managers were very good and understand the other one was rude and you chat about you behind your back to other colleges and dosent understand boundaries and when raised conserns no one done anything.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Managemnt

it does the job

it's easy to leave work at work and not bring the stress home, but I was given rubbish hours that change every week while everyone else seems to get set shifts.

Decent but stressful

There were periods where the store got exceptionally busy and we were understaffed making it incredibly stressful, was typically asked to do overtime. Close knit workplace with decent management.

Nice place to work for

Great environment, nice managament to work for. Pattern shifts are allright, flexible hours to do. You get your rota one week ahead, so you have plenty of time to plan other things as well.

Never had a problem with anything if you do your job properly you won’t have a problem supportive manager good discounts and benefits supported well during lockdown

Not too bad most of the time

Delivering customers shopping in the local area (anything up to a 25 mile radius). You are monitored constantly on your driving which is a bit of a pain but you get used to it. Customers are mostly lovely but management are glued to their computer screens and are not really interested in how you are doing just checking that you have ticked all the boxes

Do not even apply

Would not recommend working at Sainsbury's unless you are a student or part timer. They want more and more from you. You work for peanuts literally. Night shift premia starts at midnight and runs through 0500am even though colleagues start in afternoon, evening and finish between 0400am-0800am. It is not a career, you are a number, disposable number. Just do not do it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sainsbury’s. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Sainsbury’s with

Learn about Sainsbury’s in popular locations

• Sainsbury’s