Saint John of God Hospitaller Services

Saint John of God Hospitaller Services Culture reviews

Supportive senior management team High standards of care delivered. Excellent training provision Dedicated and motivated staff Clear shared vision. .Excellent quality audit from operations team with clear objective. Individulised care pa kage for residnets with regular review of achievement and lide goals Excellent
Pros
Great team support
Cons
Can be very reactic workload
I have worked for a few providers and I an honestly say that I love working here. Everyone is so friendly and management are approachable. The people are great and they are well cared for. Staff really do care and families vist regular and it's just a lovely happy and caring place.
Pros
Positive and entbusiastic staff
Cons
More training
Lovely little service to work in. Can be quiet at times due to coming from a large care home. Sjog offering more benefits i recently attend staff conference which i had chance to meet all other staff members from different areas. I find it easy to approach my manager who is supportive and also happy to help us when needed.
I have worked for SJOG for 17 years starting as a support worker and have worked my way up to service manager. It is a challenging role, but with dedication it is also very enjoyable and rewarding. Everybody is approachable, supportive and more importantly friendly. There has been a lot of changes recently with the structure of the senior management team, this was very much needed and is having a positive impact.
Pros
Career progression and above average pay
Cons
Hours can be long
Pros
Positive and entbusiastic staff
Cons
More training
I really feel like I am making a difference in my work. I feel valued and respected for what I do and I know that I can always approach my manager for advice and support. I would like to see more training as I am keen to develop myself but I know that the new EMT are looking into this. The people we support are great and there is a real buzz in the air at the place I work.
Pros
The people and staff that I work with.
Cons
More training - but it is being reviewed at the moment which is positive.
I have worked here for the past 7 years and it's great to see a new senior management team who actually have the skills to make us great again. It's very refreshing and there is a real sense of excitement for our future. We were all invited to a staff conference in Feb and the senior managers were really approachable and keen to engage with us. What was most striking was how they listened and have taken our ideas on board. It's been needed for so long and we are all excited for the future.
Pros
Being listened too by senior managers
Cons
There is no typical day at work, as I cover a range of adhoc duties in finance, everyday is different. This is my first time working for a charity and I have learned new guidelines regarding this. The most rewarding part of the job is knowing the charity is making a difference in the community.
Pros
Flexi hours
Cons
No career progression
As shift Leader I worked with a team to enable productive, efficient and effective care to be delivered. The most enjoyable part was working with a friendly care team and supportive colleagues. The Manager is very supportive and encourages a homely environment so that everyone is made welcome. The hardest part was actually leaving! I didn't want to, but the salary was not enough for me to travel to work and I wanted to progress in my career.
Pros
Approachable and caring management
Cons
There were no permanent posts that I could progress to
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Saint John of God Hospitaller Services?