Saint John of God Hospitaller Services

Saint John of God Hospitaller Services Job security & advancement reviews

It’s an organisation that is keen to develop in research which is exciting. There is a lovely vibe and excitement in what we are doing and achieving. Some people with real complex needs are improving and gaining independence. This is what is inspiring.
I have worked for SJOG for 17 years starting as a support worker and have worked my way up to service manager. It is a challenging role, but with dedication it is also very enjoyable and rewarding. Everybody is approachable, supportive and more importantly friendly. There has been a lot of changes recently with the structure of the senior management team, this was very much needed and is having a positive impact.
Pros
Career progression and above average pay
Cons
Hours can be long
The charity is changing for the better and its exciting times ahead. The staff conference was our first conference and I first one am quite excited for the future. Some good benefits starting to be brought in for staff. New training opportunities also. It's a happy place to work and I am proud of what we are doing.
Pros
Fresh approaches and skilled management
Cons
Quicker recruitment
I have worked here for the past 7 years and it's great to see a new senior management team who actually have the skills to make us great again. It's very refreshing and there is a real sense of excitement for our future. We were all invited to a staff conference in Feb and the senior managers were really approachable and keen to engage with us. What was most striking was how they listened and have taken our ideas on board. It's been needed for so long and we are all excited for the future.
Pros
Being listened too by senior managers
Cons
There is no typical day at work, as I cover a range of adhoc duties in finance, everyday is different. This is my first time working for a charity and I have learned new guidelines regarding this. The most rewarding part of the job is knowing the charity is making a difference in the community.
Pros
Flexi hours
Cons
No career progression
I had a interview as deputy manager and felt like I was being investigated, one out of the 3 interviewers was rude, abuprt and even if I got the job I would of not of taken it due to the response of some of the questions asked.
Pros
Non
Cons
Poor mangement
As shift Leader I worked with a team to enable productive, efficient and effective care to be delivered. The most enjoyable part was working with a friendly care team and supportive colleagues. The Manager is very supportive and encourages a homely environment so that everyone is made welcome. The hardest part was actually leaving! I didn't want to, but the salary was not enough for me to travel to work and I wanted to progress in my career.
Pros
Approachable and caring management
Cons
There were no permanent posts that I could progress to