Saint John of God Hospitaller Services

Saint John of God Hospitaller Services Work-life balance reviews

Lovely little service to work in. Can be quiet at times due to coming from a large care home. Sjog offering more benefits i recently attend staff conference which i had chance to meet all other staff members from different areas. I find it easy to approach my manager who is supportive and also happy to help us when needed.
This has been my best job in care. I have worked here for the past 3 years and I can honestly say I love what I do. Everyday brings different challenges but the staff go the extra mile in making the lives of service users the best they can be. I have supported people on holidays, to family events and lots of other activities. I would place my own relatives in any of our services.
Pros
The people - who I support and work with
Cons
Recruitment difficulties - although its everywhere
The charity is changing for the better and its exciting times ahead. The staff conference was our first conference and I first one am quite excited for the future. Some good benefits starting to be brought in for staff. New training opportunities also. It's a happy place to work and I am proud of what we are doing.
Pros
Fresh approaches and skilled management
Cons
Quicker recruitment
I really feel like I am making a difference in my work. I feel valued and respected for what I do and I know that I can always approach my manager for advice and support. I would like to see more training as I am keen to develop myself but I know that the new EMT are looking into this. The people we support are great and there is a real buzz in the air at the place I work.
Pros
The people and staff that I work with.
Cons
More training - but it is being reviewed at the moment which is positive.
a typical days work involved working with the residents, going to day centres and community activities.
Pros
free meals
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Saint John of God Hospitaller Services?