SALFORD CITY COUNCIL

SALFORD CITY COUNCIL Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

easy place to get to by transport and happy place to work with good lads,some been there many years

healthy outdoors work,meet all kinds of people,work around different parts of salford,good bunch of lads to work with and the bosses are not bad either

Pros

working outside in the summer

Cons

working in the rain and the cold in winter months

Good supportive place to work.

Good LA. Supportive, delegative . Good support systems. Administration support is outstanding. Clear aims and objectives and vision. Regular appraisals

Pros

Good cafe on site

Secure job for 40 years

I had many happy years working for Salford City Council. As an employer they provided a good home/life balance whilst I raised my family. I received promotions through the years and attended University to obtain a Diplomer of Education whiifvTraibibgbIfficer I have now been fortunate in being allowed to retire on voluntary early retirement.

Customer orientated

Enjoyable fast paced workplace, striving to achieve change to benefit customer needs and expectations. Innovative solutions to complex problems. Encouraged to succeed

Good organisation to work for. Good on the job training. Encourages flexible working and teamwork. Lack of encouragement and opportunities for ethnic minorities.

Good expeince

Good place to work employees treated well great health and safety and support well played and fellow employees good to work with shame so many jobs lost with government cutbacks

Good staff, poorly funded

Poor work life balance as a school teacher, poorly funded schools and ever shrinking budgets. Staff do not have the resources to teach the children effectively. Low number of TA's providing extra necessary support.

Being run like a sweatshop in culture. Dictatorial management structure.

Unfortunately SCC has employed new Heads of Services who believe in a dictatorial style of management. Previously staff were engaged and consulted, that is no longer the case. Customers are being forced down the digital route however not all customers are digitally savvy. Job satisfaction is now extremely low and work life balance is very low down the list. The culture for development is very old council in that if you are a yes person you’ll progress, however if not, your role will be questioned in the organisation. It’s who you know not what you know.

Pros

Healthy annual leave amounts

Cons

Workforce unhappiness.

Good company

I have worked with the council for 3 years moving around different schools providing healthy meals daily within a great team at each school. Would recommend

Generally a good place to work

The new structure within the Customer Service division is being run a shoestring with lots of unhappy customers complaining about debt, timescales and unhelpfulness. The new management team are out of touch with customer needs and staff anxieties.

Pros

Local

Cons

Bad management

Friendly, supportive work environment.

During my time at this job, I felt very much a part of the work team and the environment was friendly all while keeping a professional manner. The job was straight forward and even though it was fairly easy to grasp, I was coached by my supervisor and my peers. I was never forced to stay for overtime or to do extra shifts if I couldn't fill the positions. The management is very good. They are willing to answer any questions you have about whether it be the job, wages etc. All in all, a very good place of work.

Pros

Free food!

Cons

Fairly tiring work.

Great people to work with

Went here for a work placement to build confidence and get a reference. Colleagues excellent and open, even did an extra week with them past my alotted time when asked due to some staff leaing the council.

Miserable

The cause of the job was great as I worked for children who are in foster care etc but the place it’s self was morbid and everyone seemed very depressed. There was huge ques for the scanner even though we had limited time to get important documents back.

Pros

Helping children in bad situations

Cons

Miserable work colleagues

active and hands on

very hard working day there was always something to do and there was never a dull I learned a lot about how to work on vehicles of all different sizes

salford council

great company to work for great job benifits great hours and a company with good organisation based on eccles new road so easy to get to with tram stops motorway nearby

Proactive , rewarding

Love this job . This is a rewarding but can be tiring job always wanting to give 100% into making lessons fun and enjoyable as well as easy to understand the children’s objectives to the lesson is met . Providing a safe and happy place for the children to learn in .

Pros

Lots of holidays

Cons

Not enough hours to suit my needs

corrupt

I would never work for the council ever again! Especially council tax, corrupt is an understatement and I do not wish to be part of that! I am all for the community not for the bent government!! Nothing was enjoyable about this job!!

hard work

you can get some days that can be hard because it full hands one some of the staff can be a bit hard on you but its to drive you to do better so it can be stressful

No Comment. Unappreciated

No Comment. Don't appreciate staff - poor wages Good working hours Parking not good desks can be a problem when hot desking Good location for motorway access

Great Place to work, rewarding, satisfying although challenging at times.

No two days are the same. The variety of work and the different challenges faced by individual pupils will always keeps me on my toes. There's always plenty of opportunities to use your creative talents. I have learned how to be patient, understanding and gained an awareness of the challenges that some children face on a daily basis both in school and their home environment. The management are very supportive in every aspect of CPD and work life balance. The work is both challenging and rewarding, especially when you see a child achieve their goals or you have helped to develop their self confidence enabling them to move forward.

Pros

working in a great environment

Ok

I think it was a nice place to work. I have to keep typing now even though I don't want too. Because this online page will not allow me to move on to the next stage of my application unless I type 150 or more characters about this previous job.

Pros

Stable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SALFORD CITY COUNCIL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement