Sally Salon Services

Sally Salon Services Management reviews

The management have always promised lots of training and advancement but it's very difficult to get them to follow through. The management based in the offices have no idea what actually works well on the warehouse floor and make decisions without speaking to those it will affect
Pros
Ok for someone not interested in training or advancement
Cons
Poor management
Messed around by bad managersHR department a jokeSupervisors cluelessI don’t recommend anyone to work hereA soul destroying place to work for for!The only plus side is the guys on the warehouse floors are a great bunch
Cons
Management clueless non existent training senior operative a lazy sod scared of breaking a fingernail and hardly any English spoken there you need a polish phrase book if you want to get on there
Very racist about your background, loads of lone working with them still deducting your lunch break,to much responsibly for little pay, expect to do the managers jobs whilst they sit on the backsides, customers and other sales assistances great love them shame managers and HR don't give u the time off day, NO well done with this comany just you need to do better notunacceptable
Bad management and clueless supervisors. Training and health and safety is non existent. The managers are way to busy preparing festive activities, the place is a disgrace to the warehouse industry.
Alright people to work with and the actual work is rather decent however management is appalling full of false promises in order to get you grafting and notorious for messing people around .
I have been working as a sales assistant at Sally's for 6 weeks. I have worked for many companies and this is by far the most shocking...My manager regularly talks down to me . They work you like a DOG, this is basically warehouse work. 10 hour shifts with 30 min break...Having to hound customers with selling them things! Loan working. I genuinely cry before aand sometimes during work! If I could leave this job I would. Trust me, avoid this company! I wish I listened to all of these revoews but I was desperate.
The management requires improvement, she is not a people person, unable to communicate effectively at times. There is lots of pressure to upsell which customers don't appreciate. The store itself is shabby and requires alot of improvement, very dull and dated. Security is a shambles, often lone working and not just on Sundays, this is unnacceptable due to the location of the store.
As a long time employee, I can honestly say that this company cares about one thing only: how much money it takes. Fair enough, it's a business, they all do. However, I have never experienced this anywhere else I have worked to this extreme. Upper management have got serious ego issues and think they can talk to us mere sales assistants however they choose. There has been a seriously high staff turnover of late and the atmosphere is depressing as anything. Staff discount is quite frankly an insult to all the hard work we put in, yet it still has not been increased. You are expected to do a very large amount of lone working, which makes you feel anxious and unsafe. No security cameras in the store I work in either. The place is in severe need of a refit. The toilet and kitchen are absolutely disgusting, yet the company will not improve these conditions. The list of problems with this company could go on forever.
This company is an absolute shambles..full of supervisors that quite clearly don’t know what they’re doing, you can tell they’ve never worked in a management position before from their unprofessional attitudes and the way they like to victimise and bully people below them, I think it helps them get through their boring lazy days at work, bless!! Job security is great if you manage to stay longer than your 6 month probation as they constantly threaten to sack you, so best of luck if you’re thinking of working for this company, especially if you’ve got a family to support, it really isn’t worth the stress! Break times are decent...Just make sure you don’t have a single minute over it as the supervisors and team leaders time your every second from the moment you log out of the system! Overall this place is full of empty promises and disappointments I would stay well clear!
The Company culture is to treat the staff like garbage and talk down to them. There are no Company prospects and all you do is clean and sweep and empty nasty rubbish bags you are treated like a cleaner. Everyone is miserable and keep their heads down. There are mice running everywhere in the staff room etc. And you are eating your lunch with mice droppings. So you could catch a disease. You would think that such a high profile company would deal with that problem too as a health and safety issue. I am seriously thinking about handing in my notice as I cannot take anymore. We use to have a nice manager but he left. Now we have one that is unpleasant, intimidating and downright rude. This is the weirdest company I have ever worked for. There is a culture of reporting and spying on people to tell the management. It is a joke. For now I need the money to send home otherwise I would leave tomorrow. Everyone that is nice has since left.
Pros
None.
Cons
Mice droppings everywhere, I hour unpaid lunch and working over 30 hours with no other breaks in between.
You only get paid for the times your supposed to start and finish, if your on a open or close or both you will work anything between 15 and 45 mins after your shift, which you never get paid for. Systems always going down so caused so many problems instore for you. The job itself is good and easy enough, the management however is a disgrace. Bare minimum training given no where near enough and some of the managers have no idea of their job roles and responsabilitys. Changing shifts without letting you no or even asking if the new shift is okay. They never rota enough staff in for each shift normally you and the manager who is never on the shop floor. When you have a shop full of customers, orders to make, phone rimging none stop this still doesnt prompt them to come and help you. You can not have a life around this job as it is so shockingly run nothing goes to plan, and nothings ever on time. Last but not least they take advantage if your a car driver - deliverys, banking run, collecting stock from other stores etc, all which you dont get paid for. They lost me as a long standing member of staff and soon to loose another 2... just from 1 store. Says it all really. SHAMBLES
Pros
Wage and nothing else.
Cons
Everything bar the wage!
Unrealistic expectations from upper management, joke of a staff discount, very serious security issues, dont want to invest in their staff, poor salary.
Pros
Cons
Poor staff discount, low salary, security issues
Great when started but over the years got worse with management . Staff were given more and more hours through not enough staff to cover hours . Felt bullied to leave .
Pros
Cons
Lone working
If your face doesnt fit you are pushed out, i constantly improved sales and this still wasnt enough, the company dont care and HR ain't worth contacting as they dont support there managers
Pros
My team, pay
Cons
District manager and head office
New restructure in Oct 2017 now being run as part of Europe group. Management have made a huge amount of staff redundant recently but expecting business to continue as normal. Trying to move too fast in the struggling retail sector but showing no appreciation to their staff. I'm sure things will eventually calm down (as they keep telling us) but with morale so low right now it's not a nice place to work.
Pros
team work
Cons
poor management
Long hours Stressful Good if you own a caravan Management are no support Don’t bother with HR just as bad Must be at their beck and call at all hours of the night and day Expected to you travel upto 30 miles without prior notice
Pros
Can’t think of any
Cons
Non
when new staff come in to do with management they sacked all their staff no matter how long you have been there. Islington is the worst sallys in London to worked in. management really bad you don't have a chance to work up company always bring in people so a bit of waist of time if you wanted to build with a company this is not the one.
Cons
long hours trade discount is the same as satff discount so no benfits
This was the worst place I have ever worked wasn't the job I hated i loved my actual job it was the management nothing but a bully been called names and spoke to you like you were a piece of rubbish .not enough pay haven to do all the managers work late night cashing up in fact mostly every night cashing up having to run the store most weekends yourself and get no praise .I had to sign off my work because I was so ill with stress I was under .girls are great to work with not nice seeing them in tears most days because the manager is so vile .
Pros
Non at all
Cons
To much irresponsibility not enough pay
Agree with all 1 star reviews. Not a great company, expect you to deliver stock to customers, go cold calling. Literally beg people for sales at your iwn expense. Way to expensive compared to other suppliers and blame managers for not beating targets. Joke of a compant. Avoid!
Pros
Free products from vendors (not sallys)
Cons
Too many to list
The worst place I have ever worked in! Everything people have said about this place is true! You will have no life, not the best company to work for if you have children, they do not like you having time off sick, they have you running round like dogs bodies, why they employ managers I do not know, because you do all the work anyway, my first boss there was fantastic and was sad to see her leave, her replacement was an absolute joke the most unprofessional person I have ever met, turned staff against one another constantly talking about staff to other staff members, had one rule for one and one for another, if you had done something wrong or been off sick the day before you would be ignored! She kept staff prizes and actually handed some vouchers won by the whole shop team to a staff member who had just had a baby, nice gesture but we wasn't informed of that, or that as a team we had even won (was for monthly kpi's). She would take stock and hide it in the office and wait for it to go on offer or vat free day and purchase the lot! I could go on and on but just talking about it is making me relive it.....best thing I ever did was leave that place, I would strongly advise against working here if you wish to keep your hair and your sanity!
Pros
None!
Cons
The whole earth and more is expected of you!