Sally Salon Services

Sally Salon Services Pay & benefits reviews

busy place to work different every day trade and public customers hard work lunch breaks take whenever possible in the day overtime given often good team work in stores
Terrible company to work for, have to work all hours and do all jobs under staffed and are expected to do a managers job with no training. Over worked and underpaid
Pros
Cons
Low pay, no social life, over worked, under trained
Unrealistic expectations from upper management, joke of a staff discount, very serious security issues, dont want to invest in their staff, poor salary.
Pros
Cons
Poor staff discount, low salary, security issues
I have worked at Sally for nearly 9 years and progressed through the company to a high turnover store with decent salary. This job is not really for people who are lazy or not interested in hair & beauty. There is a lot of training to complete that you need to fit in around customers. Like most retailers you're expected to actually sell to the customers, it's not like working in a shop where you just stand behind the till and put through sales. The store teams are very small so it is a problem when people are off sick as it can leave others to work alone. All team members are expected to know how to open and close the store as managers have days off and meetings to attend the store obviously cannot just close on these days. If you're willing to work hard and want career progression this is a great company, but not so good for slackers and people that are inflexible with how, when and where they work.
Pros
Great discount. Free samples. Careers progression. Training programme
Cons
Lone working
Long hours Stressful Good if you own a caravan Management are no support Don’t bother with HR just as bad Must be at their beck and call at all hours of the night and day Expected to you travel upto 30 miles without prior notice
Pros
Can’t think of any
Cons
Non
when new staff come in to do with management they sacked all their staff no matter how long you have been there. Islington is the worst sallys in London to worked in. management really bad you don't have a chance to work up company always bring in people so a bit of waist of time if you wanted to build with a company this is not the one.
Cons
long hours trade discount is the same as satff discount so no benfits
This was the worst place I have ever worked wasn't the job I hated i loved my actual job it was the management nothing but a bully been called names and spoke to you like you were a piece of rubbish .not enough pay haven to do all the managers work late night cashing up in fact mostly every night cashing up having to run the store most weekends yourself and get no praise .I had to sign off my work because I was so ill with stress I was under .girls are great to work with not nice seeing them in tears most days because the manager is so vile .
Pros
Non at all
Cons
To much irresponsibility not enough pay
There is a constant turn over of staff in the Southampton AB store which speaks volumes! Although the salary is good for retail, the products are nice but overpriced. Management are terrible bullies, you will be made to do their job role for less money and hassled as well as spoken to like a child daily to make unreasonable targets to keep them in a job, work in cold temperatures, clean constantly and will only be entilted to a half hour lunch break with no drinking break as well as work every weekend. AVOID like the plague!
Pros
salary, customers
Cons
bad management, rubbish breaks, targets
loved working here as u got to bond with clients as well as work independently aswell as working in a team, the experience was good as i learnt different things everyday and i enjoyed inturacting with clientele’s
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Retail wasn't for me. other people will enjoy working in retail but I just didn't get along with it. for people who enjoy its a good place to work as its very full on.
Pros
discount
Cons
not enough money for the hours worked
good place to work with lots of benefits and you are always busy. Small teams so it's important you get on well. One thing is to make sure its good management before you start
It was a fast workplace and you need to be willing to work long hours and to be able to change your shift pattern it was also very productive and you needed to be a very reliable person to work here
Pros
paid for unch
Cons
No cons
Long hours. Not the best place to work in. Customers are very rude and you can never call in sick as we are always short of staff. You get discounts but that's about it.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long hours, rude customers, poor management
Great place to work with plenty of opportunity for advancement. The management are very supportive and the staff are all keen. Hours can be long but always busy and enjoyable.
Pros
Motivated staff
Cons
Long hours irregular shifts
Hours were long but you had a 15 minute break in morning then a 30 minute lunch and a 15 minute break in afternoon. Wage was good for the hours 40+.
Well where to begin.... A typical day at work; your worst nightmare to be honest with you. You are put under so much pressure to do jobs that atleast 2/3 people should be doing. Underpaid for the amount you have to do. I do not know how previous/current employees have lasted so long. You get treated like your 2 years old, they employ you telling you about all the benefits and how amazing the company is. Well there really is no benefits!!! A few free samples of things that never sold well, thats about it. Company itself does well but I do not understand how, it is so poorly run within Head Office, the instore workers do amazing to put up with everything. When I worked here it was constant bullying, manipulation and your made to feel like your worthless. Go on holiday and NONE of your work will be covered NONE! Then you get the blame for being behind. I met some lovely people who worked there but funny that a few months later and they all have new jobs, no joke like 15 people from my department have now left or looking for new work! No wonder why there is so many vacancies. I learned nothing, management was shocking, no support, no help and no progession possible unless you kiss butt!! If anyone is offered a job here, I highly recommend you refuse. Especially at head office.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
A lot of work for little pay ;lot of responsibility for little pay :no thanks just take take take, no lunch breaks , lone working;
Pros
Nowt
Cons
This company is all about money and taking off staff. They give nothing back and there is no praise. There was lack of communication on all parts and they just take, take and take off you. They expect you to have some kind of super powers and to know how to deal with every situation even if you haven't been trained properly, I was never properly trained the Time I was in the company. They expect you to work on your own for long shifts and did not allow you to close for a break, so you could say that they also break laws. The pay is poor for how many jobs you are made to do. Unless you want to live a very depressed unhappy life then avoid this place at all costs. Trust me i was never happier than the day I found a new job.
Pros
There are no pros.
Cons
Long days, no breaks, poor minimum wage, no support, too many jobs to do, expected to know everything'
Recently started working for the company and can't praise it enough! Currently working with an amazing, friendly and enthusiastic team, all if whom have been very welcoming and supportive in helping me find my feet in the first few months, communication and advice between all members of staff has been very helpful and greatly appreciated. Pay is good and you can advance up through joining the businesses academy, which I cannot wait to begin as it not only raises your pay but offers a wide range of knowledge of the companies products to sell and customer service. The training of which I have already received has helped me improve my skills in customer service and helped me understand all perspectives. All in all I am thoroughly enjoying working with my team and for this company, Job satisfaction 10 out of 10!
Very interesting job, Lovely clients. Giving advice, deliveries, cash-up & key holder. Health & Safety,CHOSSH, WEE regulations,dealing with reps,promotion of products.
Pros
At the time it fitted in with school hours
Cons
Low wage
Helping customers with any questions they had, making there experience relaxed and enjoyable.Working with lovely other members of staff.Talking to customers, making convosation and meeting new people everyday.Good managment.Good company in general who look after there staff.Learning about all the new products that come in to store, eg the benifits that the customer will have by using this product.
Pros
a safe enjoyable place to work.
Cons
i wouldnt say there was any cons.