Samsung Electronics

Samsung Electronics Employee Reviews

Was a long term temp for 8 1/2 years before being made permanent so no proper job interview. At time of leaving, process was panel interview with presentation. Learnt a lot of knew skills, just wish management (graduates/inexperienced) wasn't so rubbish at managing personnel. Job security is not great either - my department along with many other admin functions were being outsourced at time of leaving. Head count is kept to a minimum so some roles will be filled by the same temp for years. However, love the people, Korean culture and food and loved the business for the most part. It is hard work, but like that Samsung can move quickly to get things done and does try hard to foster community spirit within the workplace. However, be advised that Koreans are dominant in the business and all major business decisions will have to go through Korean management.
Pros
Learn new skills, cuturally diverse, standard corporate package: pension contributions, salary sacrafice, subsidised canteen, free staff bus to and from Weybridge station, plus more
Cons
Long hours, graduate/inexperienced managers, culturally diverse
Started as a temp 2007 and was made permanent 2016. So, the interview was either no more than a 10 minute sitdown or a few years long. By time of leaving, even current employees looking to change role, process was full panel interview with presentation. Samsung is a Korean company and ALL new starters attend cultural induction day as there is a marked difference from European culture. The food is awsome (lots of garlic and chilli) and available in the staff canteen in Chertsey so mouthwash in each of the toilets was provided for free. However, if you're on the loud side, you will have to tone it down. In the more Korean departments, you could hear a pin drop at all times. Also, note that in Korea, the competition to work for this company is... crazy so respect your Korean counterparts.Work/life balance is encouraged more these days but be aware that Samsung has grown immensely in a very short period. This is achieved by moving quickly which means that often the details have not been thought out/provided for. That will be your job and will mean working hard and on occasion long hours/weekends. If you like to get really stuck in, are prepared to work hard, can cope with the chaotic nature of this business when its on a mission and can handle the office politics of a corporate, then this is a great business to work for with a lot of great perks and some truly lovely people. But it is marmite with Samsung. A lot is asked but a lot will be given if your face fits.
Pros
Culturally diverse, profit share / bonus, training, team building events, salary sacrifice and pension, subsidised canteen, free parking, free staff bus to and from Weybridge station, free takeaways when working late as a team
Cons
Stressful, can be long hours, culturally diverse
Manager that interview was on drugs and drunk, No induction and no plan of training, in the franchise Samsung shop it’s not what you know it’s who you know. If the manage like you then you get the job or you not. Also they pick and choose how they want to treat you. The manager took her friend and gave special treatment. Other people if they don’t like you treat you like very unprofessional. If you ask for any thing in writing from the manager or HR, you don’t get any thing but they get rid of you because of probation period. This is the loop hole they use. Other staff came drunk, made a lot of mistake never did any thing to them. When you bring this to the manager attention they give you threats that they will get rid of you. They make fake mistake up and the HR team are so really bad they don’t listen to staff and they get rid of you. They gave us a staff survey to fill in any thing wrong you write in there another way to get rid of you. They manager are really doggy in the Samsung shop. If you not like one of them mean drink, and going out party with then you are not part of the team. There was a guy that nick some phone but because he was one of there own did not do any thing to him. Same on this Samsung shop and the director and manager or PRSI would never recommend any one to work in this unprofessional Samsung shop as this is not Samsung direct. Worse place to work.
Pros
Cons
- Poor Treatment, unprofessional managers, no benefits
This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for.You are expected to work every hour going sbd that is still not enough.Management support was poor only focused on their own gains The instill a fear culture in everyone, beauracracy is super higher, freedom to do your job is restricted, your every movement is monitored and you must havd one of their legal teams with you if speaking to an external body like an auditor.
Pros
Subsidy canteen abd product discount
Cons
Long hours with no Thanks
This job was very enjoyable and the job was great . I worked in two departments microwaves and computer monitors both were very simple jobs and easy to do .
The Korean Leadership dictates every decision made, which is normally based on an opinion, not research or data or what the consumer wants. The culture is toxic, with mental health being severe there. People collapsing at the desks, panic attacks. If you can't take the heat, they pay you off and replace you. It is all very easy for them, not for the person working there. Expect calls on Friday's asking for work to be completed by Monday 9am. Expect no flexibility. Expect to be spoken to contempt and for that to be accepted.
For those willing to work hard as a productive member of a team, this is the company to join. Not so for individual entrepreneurial types. Great people and highly dedicated management. You will meet and be run by people you will find easy to respect.
Pros
Good people, capable maagement
Cons
Long hours, team values over individual ones.
Me deja expresar la mala experiencia de trabajar en Samsung
Pros
Muchos
Cons
Mucho trabajo por la paga
Samsung ~ Great company to work for, people are always helpful, no two days are the same and you get a lot of support and encouragement to learn, onsite and off. Great bonus scheme Hardest part was being made redundant after 8 years
Busy, fast paced, great opportunities, great management. good team environment and collaboration. interesting projects to work on and cross collaboration with teams
Learning from the best people Multi cultural environment Cutting edge tech Great salary and benefits - in line with market rate Free parking Heavily subsidised canteen onsite
I feel proud working with samsung from last 6 & half years. I want continue working with samsung out of india so please give me a chance to proof my self in Uk Thanks
Great company but perday wage low an commission is low training is amazing still needs work on wage structure as other brands pay more overall lg and sony pay £90 perday and £15-20 per tv sold
A phenomenal start to my proper working life. The job taught me discipline and how to deal with customers daily whatever their problem or query. I enjoyed it thoroughly as I am passionate about mobile technology. Acquired great knowledge of using till points and dealing with high-value transactions. I also dealt quite a lot with more personal tech queries, something I enjoyed since I could take a seat with my usual customers and continue helping them long after I have sold them something. Great technical knowledge gained from this role, which can be transferred to other jobs in the future.
In my time with Samsung I learned a huge amount about Technology, particularly as this company provides excellent training Online & Group training, it is a fast paced business and sometimes challenging but rewarding.
Pros
Amazing opportunity
Cons
Contract work
Great job with plenty of opportunities for progression. Pay is good and the environment is good. Management is spot on and plenty of support and training is provided.
A fantastic 3 years spent here. Much experience and exposure. Challenging but rewarding role. Will be sorry to go and hope to work with the team in the future.
Was a great place to work and gain experience into how a large organisation operates from the selling point of view. Also very collaborative and enthusiastic. You have to allow yourself to enjoy the competition and know how to build reliable relationships whilst working there to secure sales when you are out of work.
The training was good the support was there from Co worker's not so much from management The role was full on their was lots to do in a day and reports to write on everything I was told I had a permanent position but they got rid of the photography department and deleted my role making me redundant, I was not helped to find another
Usually busy lots going on. Exiting when new products came out and good to see how they performed verses the predictions. Sometimes communication between head office and local offices was not so good.
Pros
subsidised products and lunches
The digital team isnt as digital/tech as youd think. Samsung has an issue with ways of working and processes. Doesnt encourage flexible/remote working