Samworth Brothers

Samworth Brothers Employee Reviews

The place is not the best for work, but the people are lovely. I worked here for 7 years and had been promoted. You have opportunity to grow and learn but work is really stressful.
Pros
People
Cons
I was working at the saladworks site was great the staff their are amazing great management and personal team and good opportunities for training and advancment I was one of only a few British staff members but at saladworks was never a problem the workforce is really diverse but most people and friendly and helpful really enjoyed my time here to be honest was the best place iv ever worked
Pros
Great management and personal team
Cons
Sometimes finsh late
I really think that the pay rate that they give the warehouse operative, is quite low having in to count how each different warehouse member do different jobs and have different type of tasks.I also think they don’t treat everyone equally as they only want English people to progress and the foreigners few get the chance to advance.
I worked here for nearly 5years and could not wait to leave it is so stressful made my depression and anxiety worse management isnt good i wouldn't recommend it to anyone at all
Pros
Cons
Bullies, not good management, work hard for the wages u get
If u are having a problem with your shoulder and the physician hav told you not to do the diffcult work on the line you r force to do my the team leaders. And the team leaders say that the manager dont inform them about the staff problem
Cons
Worked here for 9 years and i can honestly say i hate my job. Ive been looking for work elsewhere mist of the time but am struggling. The management is shocking , they are bullies and cruel. If they dont like you they make your life a living nightmare. The hr team are useless and have nothing to offer. The hygiene is shocking.
Pros
Meeting some people who you bond with is sometimes the way to get through the day
Cons
Everything else
"That is really worrisome and as those numbers rise, we're seeing commensurate increases in the number of hospitalizations and ICU admissions. You get to the point where you overwhelm ICUs and that's when the mortality goes up." Texas said on Wednesday that it had recorded more than 5,551 new coronavirus cases in the previous 24-hour cycle, the state’s highest surge in infections yet.
Only taken over in the last 18 months. Not really changed a great deal from previous owners. Difficult work life balance though. Wants to be better but in house politics very difficult to change.
There was a lot of onboard training. I learned a lot to do with there in house applications and there build process. Everyone at Samworth is friendly and more than willing to help.
Work as a production line operator on custard line. Quality control of product, according to the HACCP system. Weight and quality monitoring. Before shift start, setting all machine stations ( foils dispenser, pastry hoper, blocking heads, belts, custard depositor, pumps, and nutmeg dispenser). All shift analyzing and improving the standard of product.
I worked here for 4 years and made it to charghand level its not a bad place to work but dont tell anyone there your personal business are its full of gossipers and back stabbers your persnal life is everyones life there and they do and will talk about you behind your back
Pros
Pay
Cons
People
In the workplace, I have few minutes of brakes in order to rest and there is a few friendly colleagues. The hardest part of the job is to stand up for 6 hours working in a fast paced environment and the most enjoyable time is when we have a dinner rake.
Very bad management people not fit to manage a zoo never mind a factory. Nobody cares in that place not even the QA’s. Worse management is in despatch.
Cons
A good place to work if you are after a long term career. Sometimes it may feel hard to get promoted, however there is plenty of support and get the chance to move forward when the opportunity arise.
Pros
Job consistency, job security
Cons
Very early start, and early finish, always same time start and finish. Its good that you know your working hours, but its cold there. A lot of people who dont know English.
The company have been fair although the work can be stressful. There is a high turnover of people and this needs to be reviewed by management as to why.
Good team spirit, nice people to work with. Large company, but still tried to look after the individual employees. Work got done without the need to apply any pressure from management
Good place to work, convenient shift patterns. Friendly staff and management, fair on breaks and convenient canteen with competitive prices on food and drinks.
Company encourages and supports career development. Strong focus on Early Careers which is supported throughout the businesses. Fabulous people in the business.
Very busy every day. Most managers were supportive but higher management less so. Some of my immediate line managers were in competent and made doing my job impossible so I left.
So I started with this company on the 20/12/2019, today the 22/12/2019 I walked out of the job, they don't allow unions, pay awful for a company turning over billions (the image of all that's wrog with capitalism in this country, if your English, you will find it hard to find anyone that talks fluent enough to hold a decent conversation. Feels like a prison when you're there to summarize you should and can do better
Pros
Welcoming
Cons
No unions, bad pay despite big profits, slave labour
  1. Employee reviews