Sanctuary Care

Sanctuary Care Employee Reviews

Featured review
Sanctuary Care selected this as a representative review
I am amazed at how quick I was able to start work. I have loved every minute I have worked for the company and feel valued and supported. I do not plan on leaving any time soon!
Pros
free lunch, supportive staff and manager, free training
Cons
no air con
29 April 2019
Thanks for the five star review and it’s great that you’re enjoying your time and feeling supported. Hopefully it will be the start of a long career with Sanctuary Care!
26 January 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our company page, Sanctuary Care aim to work through pre employment as quickly and safely as possible so we are please this timely and also you are enjoying your time with uis.
Lack of professionalism from management, not run to high standards, clicky groups, favouritism from management. Dont bother unless your willing to brown nose to get somewhere. Sanctuary care needs to think about a change of management. The home needs to go back to basics and recruit new staff. Some Staff on phones constantly, facetiming family or doing tik toks in the corridor. Rather than being concerned about patient care. Prescidence put on paper work rather than making sure all patients are looked after. Some residents get missed.
Pros
Cons
Management, favourism, unprofessional.
I absolutely adored doing my work experience here. I really enjoyed spending time with the residents and just having a general chit chat with them. The work environment is something I loved. It was homely and you could tell the residents were happy there. Would love to come back and visit after covid has gone!
Pros
Lovely atmosphere
Cons
None !
24 February 2021
Thank you for leaving a review on our page, and we are delighted that you enjoyed your work expereince and spending time with our residents, Sanctuary Care stives to provide residents with a happy and homely environment so we are glad that you recognised this.
Don't work for this company there a joke!!!!! Don't waste your time they get your pay wrong and take the p*ss put of you, don't have no care about the staff and make u work all hours
26 January 2021
Thank you for leaving a review, Sanctuary Care values all of it employees and aims to ensure that payments and salaries are paid on time and are correct. We would be keen to understand your personal circumstances in relatin to payment error and levels of hours worked, can you please email resourcing@sanctuary-housing.co.uk with more information and we can look into youer concerns.
After working at Sanctuary for what would have been 3 years on 27th of this month I walked away on 18th. I had basically had enough. After 2 years of asking to gain my NVQs and train to become a senior carer and being told yes we will sort it by management over this time, I was still waiting. Putting in great effort and covering shifts at last minute with more hours than intended. Watching team members who had only been there a few months gain training to senior level. It seems you do well, if you're related or are a very good friend.It would be nice to see a manager walk around the home ensuring the residents are ok and staff feel supported instead of shutting themselves in the office and been made to feel like its an inconvenience if you want to talk to them.The home has very much become a place of do what I say not what I do. I feel for the residents and other staff members who are as passionate about the job.
Pros
Care Team
Cons
The list is long
Most staff are lovely where I worked, the residents were lovely and I’m going to miss them loads! Management were okay to start with, but due to illness turned funny with me, which caused me to leave due to feeling uncomfortable and not wanting to be spoken down too by my manager due to not being very well even though proof was provided.
Pros
Lovely staff, lovely residents, hard working staff
Cons
Management.
Overall, this is a terrible company who do not care for their staff or residents. On a typical day, you can expect to be stressed, overwhelmed, and underpaid. You will often find yourself being overtaxed and your overtime hours forgot about in the paycheck. Overall, I would advise you not to waste your time here.
Pros
A paycheck.
Cons
everything else.
26 January 2021
Thank you for your review, Sanctuary Care aims to ensure all staff are looked whilst working for us and supported in what is an extremely busy environment in the Care Home, we aim to ensure that we are in line with the Industry with rate of pay and regularly review information relating to pay rates in every area we operate. I am sorry to hear that an error was made on your overtime payment can you please email resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk so we can look into this further
Good place to work. The company offers a good training and an apprenticeships if you want to improve your skills. As a chef you will have to cook and bake from the scratch, follow the menu and residents diet requirements, serve the food, place the orders, clean the kitchen.Experience as a cook/chef is essential.
Pros
Work - life balance
24 February 2021
THank you for taking the time to leave a review and we are delighted that have been enjoying your time working for us.
26 January 2021
Thank you for your review and we are pleased with working for Sanctuary Care and you value the training that we offer to all of our employees.
Enjoyed the work, enjoyed the setting, but some of the staff are some of the laziest people I've come across, anything to get out of doing their jobs! And management turn a blind eye to this as well as bullying.
Pros
Understanding company with good benefits
Cons
Other members of staff
26 January 2021
Thank you for your review, i am sorry to hear of your experince whilst working for Sanctuary Care, we operate a zero tolerance to bullying and would welcome further information to look into this further, please emial resourcing.team@sanctuaryhousing.co.uk
I enjoy working for this company, however the care team are all treated like dirt. Some of us are bullied by management, one member of the cleaning staff and one member of the kitchen staff. If you verbally complain to your leader, you are simply told, that's how she is. Some staff seem to get away with everything and can do what they like when they like. There's a high percentage of absenteeism amongst all the teams, particularly the manager which doesn't set a good example (I should imagine). You are not supported in your learning process as apparently "it's not a priority". Unfortunately, the manager also doesn't assist but watches everything, trying to catch the care staff out wherever she goes. She doesn't care that some of the situations and staff levels are actually dangerous to the residents. This is not a good atmosphere to work in. On the other hand, the care staff and residents makes the job worthwhile and enjoyable
Pros
Care staff team and residents
Cons
The manager and too many "chiefs" (who think they're chiefs)
26 January 2021
Thank you for your review, Sanctuary Care aims to ensure all employees are supported in their roles and to access our full suite of learning facilities to progress their careers if they wish to. We also take all complaints seriously and deal with them appropiately. If you could please provide further information to resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk we can look into your particular circumstances.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sanctuary Care?
staff would not talk to you for hours only mixing with each other, some bullying occurred forcing some staff to leave. The pay wasn't great the same rate for days and nights rotas being changed at short notice without telling staff.
Pros
the residents
Cons
some of the staff
24 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Sanctuary Care has a zero tolerance policy of bullying in the workplace, and all instances are investigated fully, our pay structures are competative with local areas and are constantly reviewed to ensure we paying the correct rate for the area. We would be keen to discuss your individual experince in more depth, please email our team at resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk
Very stressful. Staff morale is low due to certain few favorites getting away with picking and choosing shifts and if they want to come in at all. Bullying culture and gossiping is rife. If your face doesn't fit, prepare for false allegations and malicious reports. Hard work and unsafe staff levels due to some resident complex needs and high dependency - nursing home level needs. Workers calling off sick due to serious damage to their health from the strain, management still oblivious, only thinking about profits. Flat out refusing external help when running short - greed. Staff also being held back from training up higher, no support. Overall not fair to staff or residents alike.
Pros
Some residents.
Cons
Everything else.
24 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Sanctuary Care operates a zero tolerance policy toward bullying and all cases are investigated thoroughly. All residents are assessed before joining one of our homes to ensure that the right level of care can be provided, regular assessments are then undertaken to ensure the right care levels are in place as the residents needs may change. We also ensure that staffing levels are correct to provide a high strandard of care to all of our residents. If you would like to discuss your individual expereince in more detail please email our team resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk
I absolutely love my job at sanctuary, the home manager is first class and so is the deputy, fantastic support and lovely co-workers, this is my first role in residential care and I have never looked back.
Pros
Rewarding and satisfying
Cons
Avoid at all costs. Working with the residents was amazing. The problems were lack of support, unfriendly and unhelpful staff members. Bullying which went on among some members of staff and nothing was done about it.
Pros
good pay, close to home, friendly residents and some staff
Cons
Shifts kept changing without notice, really poor management staff.
I have concern with the way this home is run I feel you the owners Sanctuary already know so I am not willing to name names this is not my style.I also believe QCQ are somewhat blind to what they see.Firstly the heath and safety is the worst I have ever seen with laundry bins blocking fire exits wheelchairs, commode seats, frames, mobile hoist residence tables ect all left in hallways blocking a clear way out of the building at the same time blocking emergency services entering the building if needed.This home is very run down the carpets are disgusting residences mattresses are so badly worn out they are torn and split so not waterproof.Toilet seats are broken in nearly every room.The toilet are being used for storage I have witnessed residences bed tables pushed in to the toilet later to be pulled out to serve food on very high chance of cross contamination. I have seen commode seats be spilled over the carpets and a towel use to mop it up disgusting.It very common to find faeces on the carpets because the carers haven’t taken that extra care to help prevent this happening, The building is very dirty please pay closer attention to shower drains, air vents backs of toilets carpets, mattresses stairs, windowsills ect. The plastic cups that are used are disgusting stained behind believe such a easy fix but nobody bothered. I have witnessed patience/residence laying in there own faeces for long period of time also there own urine for way to long this homes been forgotten and will suck the life out of anybody that works in it. You guys know all this it needs shutting down - more...
Cons
My time with sanctuary care was a very stressful time. The lack of communication, the new managers that came in are unfit to run a place as fast paced and busy as a nursing home. They have no managerial skills towards staff or residents and do not have any knowledge or experience in dealing with any difficult situations or issues that may rise. The management have almost zero respect for their staff, expecting so much from them to the point they are stretch to their capacity, but staff do not even get a smile or good morning in return, let alone a thank you for all our hard work.The management definitely have their favourites and weeks if your face fits or if you’re constantly in their office telling them all the gossip and going’s in of the rest of the staff in the floor then you’ll get in just fine with management. They are rude to their staff and definitely do not commend them enough for all their constant hard work and dedication to their job. I am so lucky to have worked with the amazing team I did while employed by sanctuary care, as if it wasn’t for the team, I’d have received no support, no appreciation and certainly no thanks for the work put in. I have worked under many company managers in nursing homes and this was by far the worst! They really have no idea what they are doing, and they are driving good staff away while pulling the nursing home down with them with their lack of knowledge and complete ignorance towards anything needing improved. They would rather blame the care and nursing staff for the bad reputation than look at the problems higher up in the - more...
Good place to work but didn't have a regular manager when i worked here , alot of responsibility for senior staff , working two units with different client needs
Pros
Meal on duty small cost
Cons
12 hour shifts
Management have no idea what their doing, went through 4 managers in the space of 8 months due to them being sacked, poor care for residents, they really don’t care about anyone that works for them only about the money that comes in, witnessed plenty of people get bullied and eventually pushed out of the place
Pros
Some nice people
Cons
Management, bullying, lies, poor care for residents
I fell extremely upset that I left after taking a risk in leaving my current employment to try and better my career as a senior for this company, I thought this would be my final work place and I’d be happy. The pay is shocking for the level of responsibility you have on night shift as a senior, the kitchen assistance get the same PH it’s really poor, the staffing level is also questionable, 2 Carers and 1 senior for two floors ... with the majority of residents being 2 to 1 its borderline impossible to practice safely. Although credit to the care staff that were on my shifts they were the best part. I can’t make a judgement on the management as I rarely seen her, although on a rare occasion that I did she was walking the home bare foot, which I found odd. I would not recommend working for this company as I believe the future is bright and that it’s not actually the company that’s failing but actually the homes individually, for example... the home handy man would come in at 7 clock in the morning go home for an hour and come bavk so he would finish an hour earlier on the night because he clocked in early... Thats terrible practice night staff don’t get paid for there breaks despite not being allowed to leave the building it’s effectively cost the company.
Pros
NVQ training
Cons
Poor salary, unpaid breaks for night staff
More staff needed on days and nights to get everything done in 12hour shift as careers washing dressing.bathing personal care of service users and making beds .doing all work on cradle.unfortunatley cradle seems to be priority now.should be person centers care but.i have good manager and I have even witnessed her helping making beds which I respect
Pros
U can have some lunch kept.
Cons
Long hours.when short staffed 12hour shift feels like 24hr
Wolverhampton sanctuary care horrible place to work/ very poor staffing levels/ no support from the manager/ problems never dealt with/ no confidentiality/ no appreciation/ working on a daily basis short staffed while the manager sits in her office/ terrible atmosphere/ clicky staff AVOID AVOID AVOID
Pros
Local/ walking distance
Cons
Long shifts/ unpaid breaks / problems never dealt with/ lies from the manager
  1. Employee reviews