Sanctuary Group
Happiness score is 48 out of 100

Sanctuary Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom282 reviews

Average job that needs to do better in modernised environment

Happy to take the money,but it comes with alot of unnecessary involvement and silliness. Training is none existent, you are thrown in at the deep end and coronivirus has just been an excuse for this to be the case even more so.

Pros

Van, power tools, phone

Cons

Poor communication and management, poor HR and H&S

Chaotic, management poor, blame overworked staff for everything

I went into this job thinking I was making a difference, if anything, it’ll put you off the field entirely! Staff are overworked constantly. management don’t hold no responsibility for their actions and could care less about the residents and their staff team even when your putting your mental and physical health at risk by being there.Will cause you stress and anxiety.

Pros

Diverse staff team Lovely staff

Cons

Underpaid Chaotic

Lovely team and supportive

Only left due to travel issues had they been closer long term would have stayed as loved people and job role.The management team always supported any issues and also team was very supportive. The work can be varied but customers are number one priority.

Pros

Good team spirit and inclusive

Cons

Travel as working in hospital campus.

Great Fire Team

I was very happy working at sanctuary housing. I loved the fire team, my colleagues became my friends when I left.Its diverse, I’m female and I worked in a predominantly male environment. I felt very welcome.I enjoyed my time working at Sanctuary.

21 January 2022
It's great to hear that you enjoyed your time at Sanctuary. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Very poor work place

Poor management which leads to poor organisation and brake down of work everywhere the whole thing falls apart when management don't start at the bottom and work there way up so they understand from the bottom all the way up they only have one goal make money as fast as they can even though its a charity group for social housing it must make money . They management only see the figures not the people one the ground making it no respect for them just get the job done . No quality of work standards drop week to week its a sad situation in which the tenants suffer as does the employee never work for sanctuary

Pros

Nothing is given not even at Christmas not even a thanks

Cons

Poor management

Challenging and varied

Frontline jobs with Sanctuary are very pressured. Staff shortages mean that everyone is overworked and very tired. The job has lots of positives such as some great colleagues and residents. The offer of a higher salary would attract more applicants to job vacancies.

Pros

Great colleagues

Cons

High pressure and heavy workload

21 January 2022
Thanks for your feedback, any further comments you wish to provide are welcomed at employee.reviews@sanctuary-housing.co.uk

Bad management

This is a good company if you like to be undermine by management and never backed at all. Management make you feel worthless and useless to make themself feel big and important

Pros

Cons

Bad pay and bad management

13 January 2022
Thanks for your review, it would be good to understand more on the points you raised. Please consider sending feedback to employeereviews@sanctuary-housing.co.uk

Easy company to work for, being a night shift worker means its quiet.

Pay is average and fair for the job role I believe, however other benefits do vary widely depending on which part of the company you work for. Enhancements for holidays and antisocial hours are lacking. Workplace atmosphere is good with staff getting on well as a whole, the odd office drama is dealt with promptly. Conflicting views on management but I prefer the hands off approach anyway and they tick all the right boxes for supervisions and return to work processes when needed. Overall I'm comfortable with the workload, happy and comfortable in my job role.

Pros

Fair hourly rate and comfortable work place environment

Cons

Lack of enhancements for bank holidays/ anti social hours. Lack of progression opportunities

7 January 2022
Thanks for your review, it sounds like you are enjoying your role with Sanctuary. We now have The Learning Zone which has lots of resources to enable you to continue with personal development and help you with future progression, and your line manager will always be happy to discuss your development.

Good

Good job, could be fun and good workmates, pretty good pay, bit the best management though, good perks and benefits and a good amount of holiday pay

10 December 2021
It's good to hear that you enjoyed your time with Sanctuary. Thank you for your review.

Excellent place to work

I have found Sanctuary a very good company to work for. A culture that is supportive and open. Everyone has been welcoming, friendly and helpful.The managers I have are brilliant. They offer support where needed, but don't micro manage me, and leave me to plan my day as I see fit. They back me up and say they are confident in my ability to do the job. I have met several director's who are open and down to earth.Support needs are considered, and mental health is talked about openly.A great place to work!

Pros

Salary, support, autonomy, flexibility

Cons

Long day

10 December 2021
It's great to see that you are enjoying working at Sanctuary - and to hear that you have the support of your management team. Thanks for the review.

Not the best place to work

This has to be the strangest place i have ever worked. The group presents itself as a caring organisation where its staff and tenants are put first but this is completely false. Their systems are not adequate for the role. They furloughed staff during the pandemic, unnecessarily (rent was still being paid by the government and the repairs needed completing). They also made quite a few colleagues redundant, they wanted to make more than the 12 million profit they were projected to make (its a not for profit organisation?!). This has resulted in their employees being completely over worked, their staff turnover is massive. No one seems to know what they are doing as they are all new. This, in turn, puts their tenants at risk. Its such a shame as the people living in these properties tend to be vulnerable or are in need of extra assistance. I am trying to leave as I cant be part of an organisation that treats people so poorly.

Pros

No weekends or bank holiday's

Cons

There are too many to list

19 November 2021
I am sorry to hear you are not enjoying your role with Sanctuary. It would be great to understand more about your thoughts and we would welcome feedback via employeereviews@sanctuary-housing.co.uk

Below average

Not much respect for the staffs health and well being overworked and unpaid for the work load.Was told I couldn’t take my holiday even though I gave four weeks prior notice was also doing the job of two people because they were understaffed like it was my problem and being told to do what I can ie not being able to get the work finished properly because it required two people not one. So I left that was my experience someone else’s may be different.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

19 November 2021
We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience working with Sanctuary. The health and wellbeing of our team is a priority and we want our people to feel well supported in their roles. Please consider sending over some feedback via employeereviews@sanctuary-housing.co.uk

No guidance, help or support given required. Almost every job was rush and lastminute with out planning.

Lots of 'umbrella's' used to cover and makeup targets and goals. No structure with lots of emphasis put on my head to get the job done. Everything was last minute with minimum and basic planning done.

Pros

No weekend work

Cons

Not enough hours in the day to do all that is required of you with NO help or support

19 November 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It would be helpful to get some feedback from you on the issues you raise. If you would like to share further details please could you send these to employeereviews@sanctuary-housing.co.uk

Only worked as temporary staff

Personally felt part of a bigger picture on the team . Only worked as temporary staff in Beverly. South Yorkshire. Interesting JOB to do although only short-term deal contract.

Pros

Easy to travel to

4 November 2021
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It's good to hear that you enjoyed your experience working with Sanctuary.

Ok to work sites not very nice to be on

Nice company but management could be bit better and machinery is good and the distance you have to drive is too far sometimes and working alone isn’t good as if something happens you can’t always get in contact with someone or if your a woman you can struggle with the types of customers

I have only been working at Sanctuary for a couple of months and so far I found them to be very caring about their employees. From the first day I have been made to feel welcome. The team I work in are helpful and fun. The interview process and onboarding was very efficient. I was interviewed by two managers via Microsoft teams who made me feel at ease during the interview process. My job is only a one year contract, however I feel it will give me the admin experience I wanted for other roles should I not be made permanent at the end of the term.

Pros

Great team, they care about their staff, great facilities, great benefits, great pay for the role, lovely managers and senior managers, great work life balance

Cons

None yet.

15 October 2021
Thanks for your review - we are so pleased to hear that you are enjoying your role with Sanctuary.

Horrible place to work

This is the worst place to work the management don’t think about it’s employees all they are bothered about is sitting in the office keeping nice and warm barking there orders out over the phones it’s a very stressful job and beware of all the little snakes that work at Atlantic point in my opinion if you value your mental health DO NOT GO FOR THIS JOB

Pros

Cons

Work you to the bone and speak to you like dirt

11 October 2021
Thank you for leaving us a review, although we're really sorry to read about your experience. At Sanctuary Students our priority is always wellbeing, for both our residents and staff.Would you be able to contact us with more feedback? Please email us at employeereviews@sanctuary-housing.co.uk. Thank you.

Stressful place to work

Bad management doesn't deal with any problems brushes them under the carpet if you have a big gub you get on well with her quite staff she walks over then

Pros

Cons

Very stressful

11 October 2021
Hi there, really sorry to read about the experience you had when working with us. If you'd like to give us some more details, please feel free to email us at employeereviews@sanctuary-housing.co.uk. Thank you.

Sanctuary is close to a Cult mentality

Terrible management Pyramid structure with cultish , backbiting management who lean on you if challenged. Young managers with 1sts from college but no person skills. No respect for experience or age. Way too many employees at head office where the cultish behaviour stems from . A culture of fear and intimidation if you are independent minded. Chief exec is paid nearly £500000 to run a “charitable “ housing association. Any misdemeanour reported up to top of pyramid. Dreadful company, best suited to those who like a dog eat dog approach to life . Well paid unhappy company who could not organise a round of drinks in a pub never mind a brewery. Repair system completely disaster as you cannot promise anyone a job will be started never mind completed.

Pros

Salaries slashed within 2 months of starting

Cons

Cultish mentality trust no one

11 October 2021
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review but we're really sorry to read about what it was like for you working with us as a surveyor.Would you be happy to give us some more details? If so, please email us at employeereviews@sanctuary-housing.co.uk. Thank you.

Poorly Managed Cliquey Company

A care company who mostly care about their bottom line money. Hard worked and under paid staff who are not appreciated and mostly taken for granted and not kept abreast of changes and future plans. Management not open to staff ideas or issues and very much a cliquey company that do not make outsiders feel welcome

Pros

Cons

Pay, Management, confidentiality, a care company lacking in care, poor and basic staff facilities

11 October 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we are really sorry to read about the experience you had when working with us.We'd like to get some more detailed feedback from you; if that's something you'd be interested in, please email us at employeereviews@sanctuary-housing.co.uk. Thank you.

Very supportive

Im a currently work here i have been at ssc for 4 year about 2 year ago i left for 6 weeks but i missed the friendly working enviroment the support i got from my bosses and i was luckily enough to get a 2nd chance the management are very supportive towards their staff its like we are a liitle family everyone of the care staff go above and beyound for our residents most staff who have left always want to come back to scc and the good ones get took back i would highly recommend working here lovely place with a lovely atmosphere

Pros

Friendly and supportive management

11 October 2021
What fantastic comments! Thank you so much, and it's lovely to read about the supportive environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sanctuary Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

2.8
2.6
2.8

Compare Sanctuary Group with

• Sanctuary Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?