Sanctuary Group

Sanctuary Group Employee Reviews

Below average

Not much respect for the staffs health and well being overworked and unpaid for the work load.Was told I couldn’t take my holiday even though I gave four weeks prior notice was also doing the job of two people because they were understaffed like it was my problem and being told to do what I can ie not being able to get the work finished properly because it required two people not one. So I left that was my experience someone else’s may be different.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

19 November 2021
We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience working with Sanctuary. The health and wellbeing of our team is a priority and we want our people to feel well supported in their roles. Please consider sending over some feedback via employeereviews@sanctuary-housing.co.uk

Not the best place to work

This has to be the strangest place i have ever worked. The group presents itself as a caring organisation where its staff and tenants are put first but this is completely false. Their systems are not adequate for the role. They furloughed staff during the pandemic, unnecessarily (rent was still being paid by the government and the repairs needed completing). They also made quite a few colleagues redundant, they wanted to make more than the 12 million profit they were projected to make (its a not for profit organisation?!). This has resulted in their employees being completely over worked, their staff turnover is massive. No one seems to know what they are doing as they are all new. This, in turn, puts their tenants at risk. Its such a shame as the people living in these properties tend to be vulnerable or are in need of extra assistance. I am trying to leave as I cant be part of an organisation that treats people so poorly.

Pros

No weekends or bank holiday's

Cons

There are too many to list

19 November 2021
I am sorry to hear you are not enjoying your role with Sanctuary. It would be great to understand more about your thoughts and we would welcome feedback via employeereviews@sanctuary-housing.co.uk

No guidance, help or support given required. Almost every job was rush and lastminute with out planning.

Lots of 'umbrella's' used to cover and makeup targets and goals. No structure with lots of emphasis put on my head to get the job done. Everything was last minute with minimum and basic planning done.

Pros

No weekend work

Cons

Not enough hours in the day to do all that is required of you with NO help or support

19 November 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It would be helpful to get some feedback from you on the issues you raise. If you would like to share further details please could you send these to employeereviews@sanctuary-housing.co.uk

Only worked as temporary staff

Personally felt part of a bigger picture on the team . Only worked as temporary staff in Beverly. South Yorkshire. Interesting JOB to do although only short-term deal contract.

Pros

Easy to travel to

4 November 2021
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It's good to hear that you enjoyed your experience working with Sanctuary.

Ok to work sites not very nice to be on

Nice company but management could be bit better and machinery is good and the distance you have to drive is too far sometimes and working alone isn’t good as if something happens you can’t always get in contact with someone or if your a woman you can struggle with the types of customers

I have only been working at Sanctuary for a couple of months and so far I found them to be very caring about their employees. From the first day I have been made to feel welcome. The team I work in are helpful and fun. The interview process and onboarding was very efficient. I was interviewed by two managers via Microsoft teams who made me feel at ease during the interview process. My job is only a one year contract, however I feel it will give me the admin experience I wanted for other roles should I not be made permanent at the end of the term.

Pros

Great team, they care about their staff, great facilities, great benefits, great pay for the role, lovely managers and senior managers, great work life balance

Cons

None yet.

15 October 2021
Thanks for your review - we are so pleased to hear that you are enjoying your role with Sanctuary.

Horrible place to work

This is the worst place to work the management don’t think about it’s employees all they are bothered about is sitting in the office keeping nice and warm barking there orders out over the phones it’s a very stressful job and beware of all the little snakes that work at Atlantic point in my opinion if you value your mental health DO NOT GO FOR THIS JOB

Pros

Cons

Work you to the bone and speak to you like dirt

11 October 2021
Thank you for leaving us a review, although we're really sorry to read about your experience. At Sanctuary Students our priority is always wellbeing, for both our residents and staff.Would you be able to contact us with more feedback? Please email us at employeereviews@sanctuary-housing.co.uk. Thank you.

Stressful place to work

Bad management doesn't deal with any problems brushes them under the carpet if you have a big gub you get on well with her quite staff she walks over then

Pros

Cons

Very stressful

11 October 2021
Hi there, really sorry to read about the experience you had when working with us. If you'd like to give us some more details, please feel free to email us at employeereviews@sanctuary-housing.co.uk. Thank you.

Sanctuary is close to a Cult mentality

Terrible management Pyramid structure with cultish , backbiting management who lean on you if challenged. Young managers with 1sts from college but no person skills. No respect for experience or age. Way too many employees at head office where the cultish behaviour stems from . A culture of fear and intimidation if you are independent minded. Chief exec is paid nearly £500000 to run a “charitable “ housing association. Any misdemeanour reported up to top of pyramid. Dreadful company, best suited to those who like a dog eat dog approach to life . Well paid unhappy company who could not organise a round of drinks in a pub never mind a brewery. Repair system completely disaster as you cannot promise anyone a job will be started never mind completed.

Pros

Salaries slashed within 2 months of starting

Cons

Cultish mentality trust no one

11 October 2021
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review but we're really sorry to read about what it was like for you working with us as a surveyor.Would you be happy to give us some more details? If so, please email us at employeereviews@sanctuary-housing.co.uk. Thank you.

Poorly Managed Cliquey Company

A care company who mostly care about their bottom line money. Hard worked and under paid staff who are not appreciated and mostly taken for granted and not kept abreast of changes and future plans. Management not open to staff ideas or issues and very much a cliquey company that do not make outsiders feel welcome

Pros

Cons

Pay, Management, confidentiality, a care company lacking in care, poor and basic staff facilities

11 October 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we are really sorry to read about the experience you had when working with us.We'd like to get some more detailed feedback from you; if that's something you'd be interested in, please email us at employeereviews@sanctuary-housing.co.uk. Thank you.

Very supportive

Im a currently work here i have been at ssc for 4 year about 2 year ago i left for 6 weeks but i missed the friendly working enviroment the support i got from my bosses and i was luckily enough to get a 2nd chance the management are very supportive towards their staff its like we are a liitle family everyone of the care staff go above and beyound for our residents most staff who have left always want to come back to scc and the good ones get took back i would highly recommend working here lovely place with a lovely atmosphere

Pros

Friendly and supportive management

11 October 2021
What fantastic comments! Thank you so much, and it's lovely to read about the supportive environment.

Biased workplace

Unfortunately the managers are biased and do not support you. I was forced out of the Role being replaced by another member of staff from another site without notice. Unfortunately HR is not helpful either and supported managers instead of staff and didn't support staff with mental health issues or treated them equally. I would not recommend working here as the managers have no training or think of others before making decisions.

Pros

Cons

Challenging behaviour from staff and residents. No support from management, Biased workplace, Doesnt follow equality and diversity act.

11 October 2021
We are really sorry to read these comments, particularly about staff with mental health issues not being supported.It would be really helpful if you could email us some more details about this at employeereviews@sanctuary-housing.co.uk. Thank you.

Loved working for sanctuary supported living

Staff were lovely and caring , great teamwork, manager is lovely honest and approachable, a great team but had to use agency staff a lot to cover shifts which at times was a nightmare as they didn't always show up which could put a huge amount of pressure on seniors to cover the shifts and of course puts pressure on your team, but overall a great place to work with lovely caring staff who genuinely do care.

Pros

Staff commitments

Cons

Working short staffed

11 October 2021
Thank you so much for your lovely comments, it's great to read that you felt supported, even with the pressure you were under.

Poor management

It could be a good home for residents and staff to work in if it wasn’t for management. Overlooks staff hard work and no appreciation, unfortunately with sanctuary I have learnt they are all for money

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Manager

11 October 2021
Hi there, thank you for your review and feedback. We're really sorry to read some of your comments, in both our care and supported housing businesses staff are our most important asset.Would you like to give us some more details? If so please email us at employeereviews@sanctuary-housing.co.uk. Thank you.

Relaxed work enviroment

Good bossRegular hoursSocialble hours24 days holiday plus bank holidaysHelpful and friendly co-workersVaried workSome training Healthy work life balance

Pros

Monday to Friday 8-4.30, some overtime

Cons

No advancement

8 October 2021
Thank you so much for your positive comments, it's great to read such a lovely review.

Has potential to be a great employer..

The company was disappointing to work for as the management are not coherent with the company values. Due to the size of the organisation employees are treated as number rather than individually. If support is needed it’s impossible to access. They have a extensive induction process of which is a waste of paper as management have not got the time and resources to adhere to the guidance suggested in the induction period.

Pros

A large range of training available.

Cons

Lack of support, guidance, compassion, understanding, structure and well led managers.

8 October 2021
Good afternoon, thanks for leaving your review but really sorry to read about your experience when working for us. We'd really like to get some more details from you - if that's okay, please email us at employeereviews@sanctuary-housing.co.uk. Thank you.

Great place to work but can be stressful

I worked at the call centre in Hull. Was very well run and paid really well. The job can be stressful due to some of the customers but you get really good support from your manager. The training is really good and you get supported throughout. The repairs team managers really support you and the senior managers are friendly too. Would definitely recommend as a place to work.

Pros

Good pay. City Centre. Good training.

Cons

Shift patterns and some weekend work

13 August 2021
Thank you for your fantastic comments, we really appreciate your review.

They just dont care

I worked at Astwood for a very long time and when sanctuary took over it went down the pan and management is terrible. No work life balance and poor pay

Cons

No work life balance

Never again. Management are useless. Decent jobs are pre-ordained. Need not apply. Surveyors are mostly ex admin or housing office who have no qualifications. Worse than useless.

Pros

Flexible working

Cons

Useless management.

8 October 2021
Hi there, really sorry to read about this. Would you like to give us some more detailed feedback? Please email us at employeereviews@sanctuary-housing.co.uk. Thank you.

Awful

Anyone can get a job there its ridiculous. You are over worked under paid . If you work well you end up doing the work of other people as well thats your reward. Staff are incompetent

8 October 2021
Hi there, thank you for your comments, although we're sorry to read you didn't have a positive experience when working with us.Did you work for our Care or Supported Living business? Please feel free to email us more details at employeereviews@sanctuary-housing.co.uk. Thank you.

Not great

Absolutely poor management, arguing with staff and showing no consideration of the employees wellbeing - not to mention the awful older members of staff who showed no respect, constant b****ing to one another, overall a very toxic atmosphere. Not too sure how the place is still open. No one wants to be there which made the job a drag.

Pros

Amazing Client

Cons

Everything else

8 October 2021
Thank you for your review, we're really sorry to read about your time with us and the poor atmosphere you experienced at work.If you'd like to let us know any more details, please email us at employeereviews@sanctuary-housing.co.uk. Thank you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sanctuary Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9