Sandman Hotel Group

Sandman Hotel Group Employee Reviews

Took ages from interview to start date. I thought the job was a permanent position but when offered it they had decided to make it a fixed term contract. Accepted hoping it would be made permanent, the sales manager left but even then they didn’t have a clue what they wanted to do within the sales department. Ended up getting another permanent job. My colleagues were nice. Management were slow to make decisions and I think I was messed around. Wouldn’t of applied if they had bothered to tell me it wasn’t permanent.
Pros
Lovely colleagues
Cons
Messed around by General manager
It was a great place to work when I first joined the company however, it kind of lost its identity along the way. Some of my colleagues were so thoughtful and fun to work with.
Pros
Interaction with the guests
Cons
Long unpaid hours
I used to work there almost a year and all in all, that's the best experience ever. There are many advantages and disadvantages. Advantage:you can improve your skills, your knowledge Disadvantage: they do not care about your well-being and lack of communication All is all, recommended.
My time at the sandman was amazing, I loved the people I worked with and the guests I met, I loved my job. But there was no promise of job advancement for me, a girl who had joined a month after me got promoted to supervisor withing two months of being there. Towards the end of my career there, my hours were being cut and my pay was lower than every one else's even though I worked really hard every day I was there. The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of a team and doing new things every day so every one had a chance at doing something different. But the hardest was keeping up with a million orders all at once with a small team.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Under-managed
I started with sandman inn as housekeeper, for almost 5 years, had awesome managers, they taught me how to be fast in cleaning room, and make sure every spot is sanitized, and work in timely manner, excellent team player, as days and years go by, got hired to train new employees for housekeeping, then I decided to take on front desk work, which was challenging but was happy to learn how to commicate with customers in cheerful manner, learn how to record all data on computer, using debit machine credit card and cash handling, look after housekeepers daily as i help customers sign in their rooms, most qualified place to learn alot of new challenges, was happy to be there.
Pros
free lunches
Been working in Sandman Hotel @ London Gatwick in Crawley for the past 3 years, it has been a good place to work and for building up skills and abilities.
Pros
free dinners
Cons
Not enough hours
I was very grateful to get my first part time job within a hotel at such a young age. I was able to balance my studies alongside working shifts at the restaurant.
Great place to work with great family and employee orientated culture. Fantastic Senior management team and President/ Vise President who look after their team and acknowledge achievements of all employees regardless of position