Sandman Hotel Group

Sandman Hotel Group Work-life balance reviews

It’s hard but challenging because you have to lift the table and chair but I learned on that job because you Have to think your own strategy to how your work gets easy
i work night shift at this hotel. mostly quiet working in nights. everyday new experience handling different type of guest. i do night audit for this company. i have to balance all day transaction and need to close all accounts.
Pros
Discount 30%
Cons
n.a
Great management, lots of opportunities to grow. Very multicultural. Great benefits, good place to work. Canadian company lots of locations in most provinces.
Sandman is just an ok place to work at. I was the night auditor and the only staff on site from 11pm to 7:30am. It was stressful when there were teams staying at the hotel. The manager who took over in the morning was always late and blamed it on traffic ALL the time. There was no security so if a sketchy person came in, it was up to you and the non-emergency police line.
Pros
Nothing i can think of
Cons
No security.
You need to work hard and exceed all expectations and then pay off will come to you. It is not an 8 hour job or position and lots of hard work need to be put in.
Good management, fun people, great experiences. Hour's go by quickly while there is lots of time for growth and reflection on your shifts. Things that you can improve on. Only con: Inconsistent schedule.
Overall, I don't like filling this information but there is a minimum of 150 characters worth of explanation. Just check it out. You wouldn't know until you try.
Sandman was a place where I challenged myself to fight my fears of being an introvert that made me open up more and communicate with guests. I learnt a lot of conversing with team members and manager whenever there was a problem around.
Don’t work here. You only get a raise once a year. My experience was short. Front desk staff was always stoned. You had to be in with the managers if you wanted to be accepted.
Cons
Busy place to work, good staff, fast paced, met good people , restaurant adjoined to the hotel for convenient lunch breaks, GM and Executive Housekeeper worked well together to create good system for staff appraisal and problem solving .
Pros
weekends off
Cons
I look forward to there being a positive here in the future I would love to come back I miss the people and the environment I had this as my first hotel job and I’ve been hooked since missing my regular ls
Pros
Regulars
Cons
Had to go
It was fine just like any other housekeeping job out there. You got assigned your list of rooms did your list. If you finished first you would help others to complete theres.
Sandman is an amazing place to work and stay I would say go here and you'll never want to stay anywhere else in the future it'll be We're staying at Sandman every time you Vacation!!!!!
amazing job to start at never a sad or dull moment. guest are very nice and working with coworkers is always amazing and they are very supportive of everything that is done daily
day of work starts as soon as you enter the building.One has to be on toes till the shift is complete. Be prepared to work hard. But staff here is courteous and encouraging.
The sandman group isn’t established enough. If it comes down to getting an offer with them or Marrriott/hyatt etc choose the more reputable. Executives from corporate talk at you, and cause stress to the staff. They are not interested in growing with the times. It’s their way or no way.
Great opportunity for advancement and a company with growth and relocations in North America. I would recommend sandman as a potential employer with a winning attitude.
working at sandman hotels was very enjoyable I have worked there for eight months and everyday of work brings me something to learn I met with many new people and learned a lot of things.
The Sandman was an okay place to work. However there is long hours and strenuous work, you'd be surprised how heavy a towel can be. I enjoyed my time there
You will learn alot working for this company and the opportunity for advancement is available for those seeking. You will work long draining hours however.
There have been some turnover and things got tight, but after hiring, management payback all those days and hours we work extra, not just on the paycheck but with some time off. I work for the company for 6 years, and I have seen many people growing in within, including myself. I'm looking forward of the next step, the next challenges. I have very amazing mentors, if you work hard you get good payback.
Pros
growing, and free hotel nights
Cons
more free nights