Santander

Santander Reviews in Belfast

Belfast38 reviews

Found 38 reviews matching the searchSee all 11,191 reviews

Ok place to work

Not a bad place to work but some things could be better. Good pay and extra bonus for working flexibility hours. Could be more progression available

Avoid contact centre

Worked in contact centre. Horribly hierarchical and micromanaged. Branch network a lot better but mostly that was the good interaction face to face with customers. Would recommend branch roles, wouldn’t recommend contact centre roles.

Pros

Well-being and embrace networks. Some company benefits

Cons

Leadership hierarchical and don’t listen to those on lower graded roles

Insights into Santander

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energising work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

Difficult to progress

I was overqualified for the role I secured within Santander and after a few failed attempts, I have given up on progression. There is little opportunity for true career progression or even a sideways step. Hard work isn't acknowledged or rewarded and in interviews for progression, it has no importance whatsoever which is discouraging. Their internal processes are extremely inefficient and illogical which can leave you frustrated as well as customers. The managers are great though. They are also inflexible with working hours if you did want to reduce them or change them unless there is an extenuating circumstance.

Pros

Hour lunches, home working, lovely managers

Awful

Terrible place to work for, very lazy work colleagues who decided they had been there long enough so could literally sit with their feet on the desk, was used as a tea girl and errand girl. Unfair in deciding who would work weekends as it was usually the ones who had been there longer got out of it, and lots of favouritism.

Tough place to work long term

Very stressful job, everyone on the whole floor has been hammered about their stats because the company was too under staffed, so instead of hiring they just kept making everyone else work overtime and fill in for the missing staff. Good money but very short term.

Pros

1 hour lunch break

Cons

12-8 shifts are mandatory, and your lunch is at 3pm no later.

Wouldn’t recommend it

Working for Santander is very stressful at times. You are always working to meet a target. Good staff are not appreciated and very quickly move on. Staff are ten a penny!!!

Pros

Good location for transport

Cons

Stressful

Toxic environment

My time in santander started off well, pay was great but my manager was a very strict depressing manager who said they where not micro managing but where and I wasn't the only one who thought this. Very dull atmosphere and team members where dull too. Managers behaviours where not monitored but yet everyone else's where. Serious toxic environment. I would have enjoyed the job if it wasn't for the manager.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Micro management, toxic behaviour from manager, dull office, no enjoyment, no progression.

Average

The training is Brillant for the job and most of the people you work with make the job worthwhile, the unfortunate this is most of the good managers within entry-level departments are temporary meaning good skills are lost. Flexible working is shocking for part-time employees, ever forcing you to work every weekend or work short shifts over a period of 5 days. Unfortunately, they've removed email servicing and moved a lot of staff over to live chat which doesn't deliver a customer-first vision which is being pushed in other departments such as digital, core retail and select. It is all about stats in Live Chat. The job will serve as a stop-gap until I find something else. The pay is good along with benefits and bonuses.

Pros

Pay and Bonus, The other employees

Cons

Management Structure, 'Flexible' Working

Fun workplace

there is a great team environment and the level of training you receive is very good you are given 4 weeks of training before starting on the phones. The salary is very competitive with yearly bonus incentives.

Fast paced but as fun as you make it

Fast paced atmosphere. Lost of phone calls inbound and its almost always busy. good teams but poor management. Mostly team leaders are severely restricted from the top

Santander life

I have had a great experience working within Santander and when I started in 2014 did not imagine building a career here long term however the opportunities from this company are endless and I have had a seamless journey in terms of job progression all whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance.

Pros

latest shift is 9pm

Cons

pay progression

Fantastic Bank with fantastic development opportunities

A fantastic place to work with exploratory opportunities to build a successful career. Fun, professional and customer focused business with clear KPIs

hard work but great with members of your team

It's hard work having to deal with some customers sometimes as they're so rude and insulting at times; however, the nice customers do almost make up for it. If you bond with your team it's amazing seeing them every day and makes the job easier. Only real bad thing is the unrealistic targets they set for bonuses.

Pros

hard work but can work with great people

Cons

unrealistic targets for bonuses

sales advisor

Turn up for work, have a team meeting most weeks. Very target driven, little coaching or support during my time. No parking, apart from weekends shift work in my role, but in house café and during sporting events screens available

Pros

parking at weekends

Cons

long hours and shift work

Wears you down

Another call centre with super high-pressure targets, co-workers were the only reason to stay for any length of time. Pleasant workplace at first, however, the company changed their plans and took a different direction from what was promised to be "Select".

Pros

Overtime, when available.

Cons

Its a dog eat dog world, cliques everywhere, it will wear you down. Micro-management.

it was good.

The place was well managed and everyone was very welcoming. plenty of training given as well as one to one help when needed. overall santander was a fantastic place to work for.

Starts good but becomes repititive

The role is good at the start but repetitive calls become boring. Lack of variation in Belfast and an almost clique like environment me and advancement can be hampered. Also pay is at the bottom end of the industry standard

Pros

Flexible shift provided availability is there, friendly enviroment

Cons

Low pay, repetitive calls

Great company but can be hard to progress

I enjoyed my time with Santander, however, opportunites for the business area that I would liked to have progressed to were seldom available. The salary is respectable for the work that is involved

Good Starter Job

Gets your foot in the door for experience but you will look to move on after a year or so Team leaders take care of you Call volumes can be high but you have the training to deal with the day to day calls. Good support.

Pros

Good overall perks, Overtime Availability

Cons

No progression within department

Easy to work for

Lovely place to work, great facilities and good employeer who encourage you to progress within the company. I've spent the last two years with the company and have found the role straight forward and well managed.

Very target driven envirment

The role entails dealing with customer telephony queries and includes dealing with issues with the online banking and website as a whole. A very target driven environment with little possibilities for development or movement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Santander. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Santander with

• Santander
  • Belfast
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?