Savers Health and Beauty
Happiness score is 45 out of 100

Savers Health and Beauty Employee Reviews

United Kingdom906 reviews

Competitive, good teamwork & flexible.

I enjoy my job, competitive, good team & relaxed. Flexible for my shifts with family commitments if given enough notice. I wouldn't enjoy it as much if it wasn't for my team I work with.

Pros

My team

Cons

Sales targets & repetitive

Steer clear!

If you value yourself and your mental health steer well clear of Savers. There was no training just watch someone else do everything on the computer and be expected to pick it up straight away. Management talking about other colleagues to you and about you to other colleagues nothing is confidential! I should have been looking for something else when a very long standing colleague left to go elsewhere. Colleagues and management who smoke standing right outside the shop - not a good look to potential customers. Hands down has to have been the worst place I've ever worked in 30 years even the area manager didn't speak to staff or introduce herself to you when you met for the first time.

Pros

A couple of decent staff members

Cons

Promised hours but then don't get them, advised that you were told you weren't getting the hours, when you've got proof of messages sent between you!

Great management team to work for,happy busy workplace and friendly loyal customers

Saver's is an excellent company to work for.we have a great team in our store and work well together.full flexibility is expected with rota's ,but rota's always fairly done.average hourly rate of pay for retail!! Plent of veriety in tasks,IE working on tills,working on shop floor filling shelves and working delivery on store delivery days.

Pros

Good staff discount, from our sister companies.the management are very accomodating with rota's if needed.

Cons

Not enough of a budget for staff to do overtime and therefore earn more money.

Was awful, haven’t been payed even after a month

The work load for the manager was too much, we couldn’t keep up with deliveries, would always spend time on the shop floor constantly stacking no breaks, it was awful wouldnt reccomend at all

Brilliant place to work

Honestly regret leaving this job but I needed full time work where this was only part time. Brilliant team and management. Literally can't fault the place.

Pros

Management, great working environment

Relaxed and fun

It is a Good place to work and develop your retail skills as well as social skills and finance management. I found a Relaxed environment that can be fast paced.

Fast paced

Can be very stressful but like all other retail can be a good place . If the team work with you and get on then It all can be very happy . When the staff drop the ball it’s all comes back on the manager

Pros

No many unfortunately, people you work with

Cons

Unrealistic targets too hit 2021 was based on 2019. 2020 was a little bumpy but we did still have it

In all honesty, quite poor!

The only thing keeping me with the company is job security, that and the team I work with. Started off really well as a Sales Assistant then got promoted to Supervisor not long after which is where I made the biggest mistake of my life! Being a member of management is horrendous! Managers constantly moan about each other, pick and choose days off to suit them while leaving everyone else in the proverbial. Company constantly move goalposts to make it almost impossible to achieve any bonuses, eg. Our budget for 2021 year is up against 2019 because apparently 2020 wasn’t a real year! No annual pay rise because they “lost money” even though they kept us open as key workers so people could buy essential items such as perfumes, alcohol, nail varnish and hair dyes? So regular sales assistants get a bump in the national living wage yet I get the same as last year which isn’t much more than they get! They also told us that they want us to “spend as much time with your families over Christmas” yet stayed open on Boxing Day.. Bank holidays are always dead no matter what store you go into yet they always keep us open to grab as many pennies as possible! If you want a part time job, go for it but I can totally see why so many new managers come and go after a few months.

Pros

Team spirit and delivery shifts

Cons

Poor work/life balance. Pay.

Okay stepping stone job

My team were very lovely but pay was very poor and they couldn't offer enough hours in the end. The work was quite easy and customers generally nice.

Pros

Goes fast as so busy, team, management

Cons

Poor pay and hours

Fun place to work

It was a really nice place to work I really enjoyed it I would recommend it to everyone even though I did even though it was a temporary stay, I really wish I got the opportunity to stay longer

Pros

Discount

Lovely place to work but more work is needed to the company

I am so lucky to have an amazing management team in my store, they are so supportive and understanding with my needs, after my apprenticeship they gave me an 8 hour contract which isn't particularly ideal however I a still happy here and I get loads of overtime. During my apprenticeship I was basically trained up to be a supervisor however I was not given, or even offered the job when there was a position available despite being told I am well suited to the role. It is an extremely nice place to work, however there is a lack of progression in the company and it does get slightly annoying to sell things at the till as it almost feels as if we will loose our jobs if we don't do so, but I do know that its just the area manager pushing us to do better. Lastly, the pay isn't ideal, with the little contracted hours I am earning nowhere near enough to live on.

Pros

Amazing staff members, feels almost like a family.

Cons

No progression in company, understaffed, little contracted hours.

Ok place to work in

Good place to work however staff are rude. Management team was rubbish never ever helpful. Customers were very rude also. Very stressful environment..

Pros

Discount Offers

Cons

Long hours Rubbish manager

A nice place to work

It is a very fast paced environment no day is every the same from getting in to do the deliveries to make sure the shelves are stocked to helping customers with there inquiries

Too much stress and pressure

You are constantly under pressure to actively sell and meet targets, and are belittled (in front of customers) if you don’t. Management change shifts without letting anyone know.

Pros

Up to 30% off in Superdrug

Cons

Pressure Disrespectful management Low pay

Not a nice place to work

Hard to get stability in this job , don’t think about what the staff want or need , it’s all about savers and pushing sales every minute of every day , to much training not enough concern for staff.

Pros

Cons

They give you hours when they need you. Then drop you like a stone when they dont need you .

Stressful and bad management

Worked there for 4 years and had to leave due to high stress levels, constant high daily and weekly targets to meet. Had to work sunday being the only management so can not take a proper break, rota was always last minute and managment were unsupportive.

Great store, felt more comfortable with the supervisor and assistant manager than anyone else, very good hours, just not great money for what you do, don’t feel valued enough with the pay I was receiving

Awful, i would rather get a life threatening illness than work there. I wont even enter another one of there shops since leaving

I really can't express how terrible working for this company is. I've worked in many retail shops of varying types and this place is the worst. AVOID!

Pros

Cons

You name it anything bad its one of the cons, Upper management - abusive, Management - incompetent. Work with no perks, Should of been called slavers not savers

Not a good place to work

Very stressful work place, no support from management, no chance of promotion, unfair on holiday requests but management can have off which ever time they choose, over worked

Fun and the job is easy

Great for a first job as it is an easy job. The people I worked with were friendly. Although I never felt challenged in the job and only left because they could only give me part time hours.

Pros

Fun workplace and not stressful

Cons

Not many benefits

it’s not that bad

it’s a fun place to work, it does get very busy sometimes like any retail company. But it overall was a great place to work at! I would recommend it for anyone.

Pros

nice group of people

Cons

nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers Health and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement

Compare Savers Health and Beauty with

• Savers Health and Beauty
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?