Savers Health and Beauty

United Kingdom1,055 reviews

Found 1,055 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,070 reviews
superdrugtillshelfshopstockrubbishrotalovely

Wonderful colleagues, Stressful and Underpaid environment

I was very lucky that the Team I started working with was wonderful. Everyone was super friendly and you can have really positive experiences with your colleagues. The management was also really positive, considerate of your time. The team would even joke around and have fun together while working. On the other hand the targets and expectations are too high, and you are likely to have unpleasant customer experiences which may result in attempts of physical and verbal violence towards you. The salary is really not ideal, but if you are lucky to have a good team and management you will enjoy your day.

Not appreciated.

If you don’t work extra for nothing you are an outcast. Company doesn’t adhere to flexible working arrangements and refuses to grant them to parents. Management talk about their staff in a manner that isn’t acceptable.

Insights into Savers Health and Beauty

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks
  • Overall satisfaction

Good place if you need a job

Good if you don’t mind standing behind a till for your whole shift. Not very understanding when you’re off sick or struggle with mental health. Not always the best at communicating. Job is payed above minimum wage eg under 18 £6.93 an hour

Pros

Good benefits from company for working there

Cons

Lunches aren’t payed and have to work 6 hours for a 15 minute break even if under 18

Nice staff

I enjoyed the people I worked with but the job was a little repetitive. Some of the regional managers seemed to have little grasp on what it was actually like to work in the store and set unrealistic targets.

Pros

Fairly flexible hours

Cons

Repetitive

savers

Wouldn't get paid 1 million to go back to this place. management is awful. safe members are lazy they don't rotate the stock. and on your first few days you get thrown into the deep end by just always getting put on my till not learning anything you need to. Because they are under staff the hours were ridiculous. Glad I left the place.

Pros

Got a free jacket

Cons

long hours, rubbish pay for the hours

Fun place, great team

productive days, serving and conversing different customersgreat team but that all depends where you work, managers are helpful when you need them and customers were usually polite and friendly

It’s okay

There was some amazing colleagues but also some were family and separated you and excluded you. Was on the till but also expected to do like 4 other jobs at the same time and wasn’t really supportive.

Awful place to be

I have worked here for 10 years, and it is awful seems great to start with and the longer you stay the worse it gets! I've been asking desperately for an extra 4 hours for months, as I have a child and house to provide for, two people leaving opening up over 30 hours, but instead of supporting staff who have worked a long time.and worked their butt's off for this place, they want two new people in instead. Management and area management ignore half your worries enquiries and emails! ABSOLUTE JOKE OF A COMPANY! DO NOT LOWER YOURSELF FOR THIS JOB, IT ISNT WORTH IT!

Pros

Nothing at all

Cons

All round awful job and company

Would not recommend!!

Have never hated working anywhere but this place is horrific, nothing is ever good enough, never fast enough, no reward or recognition for anything you do, no wonder they can’t keep staff. Management want staff to do jobs they’re not supposed to be doing…the list is endless.

Pros

Cons

Everything.

Hard work

Very hard work and no thanks for what you do ,expect you to up sell to everyone even when you know it's a waste of time ,no give and take, a few good girls there that keeps you going

Pros

Cons

Short of staff

Bad company

Ridiculous company in a sense that the management are nothing but a bunch of bullies who have no respect for staff whatsoever. I worked in this company for over 7 years and it was constantly stressful in terms of them always on your back to push sales so they can get their bonuses. I have never seen a place go through so much staff all because management treats them like dirt. Stay well clear of this ridiculous place.

Awful

Management mess staff around constantly with ever changing rotas (not even a week in advance). Them taking the credit for jobs/sales that sales assistants do, and we get absolutely no recognition for. SAS sales are pushed, yet managers get a bonus for the store doing well not the people who actually stand on till all day and sell it. Incompetent management who force their own jobs on you because “they don’t have enough time to finish their own jobs” so Sales Assistants are doing a managerial role without the pay. I personally have lost vacation days because some managers have booked me in for vacation when I had not asked for it just to use up my contracted hours that week, therefore losing it for when it’s really needed. Christmas bonus that was given to store members is only allowed to be spent in store. People I work with are on higher pay rates than I am yet do more than half the jobs I do. Yet they are not punished for their lack of help, just handed more money than myself. Only worked there a year and I could not say one good word about this company, nor hear one from others

Pros

Flexible Hours

Cons

Treated atrociously

Get what you put in

Some days are harder than others but in general for a discount retailer I don't think the job is too demanding. Have to upsell at the till to meet targets but as long as the team are engaged with it its not a massive issue. The salary could be more competitive.

Pros

Superdrug discount, bonus scheme

Cons

Like being back at school

My experience at savers ? We're do I start I was a supervisor for savers,I did more work,paperwork,computer work in a few months then what I did my whole time spent at school you was timed on getting deliveries put away,if you was 20 minutes-40, minutes after a certain time you got a bollocking,wether there was 5 or 2 staff doing it,then straight after delivery it was facing up the shelves,getting it looking good fur the following day even though there was customers still coming in and destroying what you had done,the manager would come into work the following day look back on the cctv to check what time you got finished ??? It was an absolute joke I wouldn't recommend working there,there at you all the time you get bollocking for not mentioning the special offers to customers even though there 90 year old and you have to sell them gucci or ariana grande perfumes,it was like being back at school,timed for even locking up on a night ? Get told off if it took you too long never again trust me.

Pros

Cons

Too many to mention

Productive and can be fun

Fast paced environment, stressful sometimes but can be a fun workplace when you have a good team! Management can be pushy when it comes to targets which can be overwhelming but it feels very rewarding when you hit your targets.

Eh

Management great , colleagues are amazing , pay could be better ! Paid too low for what we do. Overtime is good especially holiday times but can be very demanding and you don’t see much time to do anything outside of work

Ok workplace

To start with it was great as I got into it I met people they were also great got on with everyone didn't really talk much but did have the odd conversation but here it's fast paced you got to be fast and I mean fast especially with sales you need to sell perfumes at the till as apart of the promo you get told you must make sales of the perfumes as it makes the store get credit and stand out.But honestly your first day they won't expect much just do what you can also make friends at work you'll need it.if your worrying about experience don't worry you'll get the training on the till and several other things.In terms of shifts it's all different depends on your contract hours and hey let me tell you that you could end up doing more than hours on your contract it's more money and if asked to do overtime or stay a extra hour it's all up to you and you can say no or yes this isn't forced.Customers can also be a pain but do your best to help them if aggressive is shown by them buzz at the till and get someone to take over if you can't handle it Just relax and get through the first day

Pros

Happy people

It’s okay

It’s retail so there’s always ups and downs, the managers always change after a few months, the pay is pretty low for the things that need to be done

Pros

Staff are nice

Cons

Low pay

Grim avoid

Low pay in fact the lowest I have ever had in a retail job which is something. Only come if you are really desperate or student just looking for a little part time money

You always had to be busy...

There is too much pressure on yourself from the managers to up sell, when serving the customers at the till and if you didn’t hit their targets you get told off when in fact customers don’t want to be given the pressure of buying things that they already don’t want.

Pros

non

Cons

Up selling

Hard work long hours

The company and area manager expected you to be paid to work 39 hours, in actual fact you worked over 50 hours on a weekly basis, simply not enough hours to run stores properly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers Health and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement