Savers Health and Beauty
Happiness score is 46 out of 100

Savers Health and Beauty Employee Reviews

Nice place to work

Nice company Lovely managers just didn’t fit with home lifeEnjoyed different aspects of the job, lovely customers Didn’t enjoy selling fragrances but understood that this is part of the business.

Worst place to work

Avoid Avoid Avoid management don't exist used as scapegoat when things go wrong even if not there. Don't get paid for over time. Team work none exsitant

Productive and rewarding

I am currently Assistant Manager. The work is fast paced but ultimately rewarding with fantastic incentives. Management support is incredible as is area management support. The opportunity for advancement is great as in my nearly 3 years of employment I have stepped up from Supervisor to Assistant Manager with help and encouragement. It is a great place to work

No work life balance

Often expected to work on lunch break Expected to travel to other stores to cover even if it means a 12 hour day Getting a weekend off nigh on impossible. managers aren’t allowed to manage their teams. run stores on inadequate hours often only two members of staff in store

Pros

Cons

Hours, no work life balance

Everyone is talking about everyone!

Everyone is talking about everyone behind their back making it a really uncomfortable working environment, one supervisor the worst for it. The manager is nice but she hasn't got the backing from her management team for the above reason.Shifts are cancelled hours before you are due to start because the shop wasn't hitting targets the previous day. Go in every shift and days/times would be changed on the rota.Top tip: if you do choose to work here, keep a note of your overtime...

Stressful but some positives

The pressure put on sales assistants regarding SAS sales is much too high, causing management to often take out their own stress on other staff if the store hasn’t hit its target, making it feel very two faced at times. However, the job itself is not too difficult. It is fast paced and there is always something to do, even if you’re on till for most of your shift. Hours, days off and pay was also always very fair in my branch. Just get rid of the fear mongering surrounding SAS sales that turn so many employees away and it would genuinely be the perfect place to work. The company are letting themselves down with that.

Not the best at all

As a former employee I was expected to put savers first over my own family. Expected to stay after shift finishes unpaid. Pushing stupid deals of the week onto customers at the till. Working the till alone with no other staff on the shop floor. Quite a stressful experience really

Avoid

Company is horrible avoid working here. Started on 8hr contract end up doing 40hrs a week. Have to travel to other shops as well as doing your shifts in own shops no fuel money and no better thought of. Entitled to an hour break lucky is you get 10mins. Working over and not getting paid for it. Finding out your shifts for the week the day before so you can’t plan anything management think you don’t have a life away from work and expect you to work whenever they say. Miserable workplace colleagues are friendly that’s the only plus side

Pros

Friendly colleagues

Worst retail role in 35 years of working

If I can give one piece of advice to anyone of even thinking of working for this abhorrent company it would be just don't do it !! No work /life balance ,stress you cannot imagine and you will be disrespected and undervalued every second you are in one of their buildings .My experience as a store manager for just 6 months nearly led to a mental breakdown. Salaried for 42 hours regularly working 60 hours a week (staffing budget is the bare minimum for every store ) most days you are working one on one with a member of staff ( so no lunch or breaks ) who is contracted to 8 hours a week so they don't give a stuff about the job or the amount of daily compliance you will find yourself drowning in that's without the daily (sometimes twice daily ) conference calls you will find yourself on ( on sales floor as you have no staff ) which are just an excuse for an area manager to belittle you in front of your stores area if your staff haven't managed to push enough cheap tat onto the customers at the till Do yourself and your mental health a favour and just don't do it no job is worth disrespecting yourself this much for !!

Stressful but sociable hours.

Very stressful. Managers will always be on your case for SAS (upselling perfumes to costumers) . Hours given is based on how much you sell. Good for uni students or people who want a good work-life balance.

Never again

The pressure to sell at the tills is ridiculous. Especially in the world we are living in now. People are struggling. I would love my job and want to work more hours if they didn’t make you sell pointless rubbish that no one wants to buy.

Pros

Non

Cons

Selling at the tills

Sales targets are terrible

Most stressful part of the job is the sales targets you are set daily. Store managers are constantly leaving so no stability. Area managers are rude and harsh. Staff however are absolutely lovely and supportive.

Avoid unless you have no life

Would not recommend this company to work for, all they care about is money in the tills, they do not care about the staffs emotional and mental wellbeing at all.You will be expected to work long hours with very little breaks and the pay is shocking, having to sell sas is super hard work and if you don't sell enough you can be put under investigation.I now do a lot less and am been paid the same as when I was a member of management at savers, which may I add is one of the most stressful jobs I have ever done, you are constantly expected to do more and more, deadlines, targets and budgets have to be met always,you might aswel sleep there as you won't actually get to go home and see your family much. The only good thing I can say is there is always a good team spirit, but other than that it is a thankless job and only the big Big bosses get to reap the rewards for all your hardwork.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, shocking pay, rubbish company

Okay for a student part time

It’s fine for a part time job pay is fine but can be boring spending time stocking shelves and scanning items the whole day. Only worked there for a couple months.

productive and fun workplace

There is a good work-life balance at savers and the management is supportive and helps motivate you to achieve your sas goals. Although, there is stress particularly in January to achieve the SAS targets the team was supportive. I always enjoyed going to work and I became more confident in myself.

Pros

good work-life balance, friendly atmosphere

Cons

Sas

Worst place ever

Worst place to ever work for!!!Great place IF you have absolutely zero social life and don’t mind working over time all the time!On your days off they want you to come in and work and you get no respect for going in and helping out they just treat you like dirt on the back of their shoes Mangers are the worst! Mean nasty and don’t communicate with you or customers.I WOULD AVOID AT ALL COSTS ITS THE WORST PLACE TO EVER WORK

Pros

Cons

Over time on days off. Mangers disrespectful

Never felt appreciated

Worked for the company for just under 10 years and maybe apart from selected few that I worked with... I never felt appreciated. I busted my gut for them for many years and felt like there was no point. Even a simple thank you would have not gone a miss. I actually don't understand why I kept going back there. The amount of stress that is put on is just not necessary. I get that it is retail and it comes with the job... but not to that extent and even if you do good... its still not enough. I loved the staff that I worked with. But I believe the area managers forget themselves and don't always understand.

Terrible

God awful, my manager would make weird and strange remarks and also be very nice one minute and then horrible the next. The whole workplace slagged each other behind their backs.

Low pay but easy job

The pay was very low for what you do. Often you would have to do extra shifts as we’re short staffed. Would be backed into a corner to work the next day. On tills you’d have to active sell products, with a target to reach each day. You’d get pressured to reach this target and could become stressful. The job was fairly simple, could get quite busy but slow in morning and evenings. The store is only closed on Christmas Day, meaning having to work on bank holidays. If you rang in sick the management would get annoyed and often felt pressured to go in anyway. Aside from this the team was very friendly and like a family environment.

Work place

This is fast pace job I get along well with my colleagues and the manager is excellent I would say maybe have stools behind counter as an eight hour shift it gets a bit hard to stand that long otherwise so far great place to work

Okey but stress

Lovely management however pay is poor:(You meet nice staff which brightens up the mood to work however customers can be rude and pressure on SAS causes mental problems

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers Health and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement