Savers Health and Beauty
Happiness score is 46 out of 100

Savers Health and Beauty Employee Reviews in Peterborough

The hardest part of the job is that if you have OCD it’s harder for you to face up because they keep falling down so you have to keep picking them up and start again.
2 April 2020
Hi!Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.If you wish to discuss this in more detail, please contact the people teamThanks, Savers
sell sell sell, to much emphasis on SAS (Savers Active Selling) I saw Sales Assistants getting chastised for not selling enough even when they ask customers constantly, and when they do achieve sales it's just taken for granted, there's no direct praise to them. Most cashiers have 4 hour shifts and spend the majority of time on the tills constantly being pushed to upsell.Delivery team put under constant pressure with not knowing how many cages the delivery is as estimate is hardly ever correct, having to work stock on shop floor when customers are in the store, trip hazards everywhere for customers. Supervisors put under pressure and constantly moaned at for tasks not always all being done, even when store was running understaffed.As a supervisor you are able to cash up at the end of the day or open the store, be a key holder and answer Alarm Calls if Alarm fault or activates. your also constantly reminded to push the sales assistants to upsell, you may be tasked to do pick lists and other job Management may decide you are capable to undertake.The culture is that majority of the staff aren't fully happy with how the store is and pretty much everyday someone has something bad to say.Be expected to be called in adhoc and for rotas to be changed with less than 24hrs notice so planning things around your shifts can be difficult.Staff turnover is pretty high and basically seems because staff feel beaten down by the amount of work and pressure. In my time with the company I saw 2 cashiers and 2 supervisors leave and now myself leave.Every shift you will feel as if you - more...
Pros
You get paid
Cons
Low wage, To many to list, review says it all
14 January 2021
Hi There,We are very sorry to read through the review that you have left us, the issues you have raised is something we take very seriously so please can you get in contact with our People Team so we can investigate further. We wish the best of luck in your future and hope hear from you soon Thanks,Savers Thanks,
Change manger so was not happy don't treat staff nice first manger was amazing and very helpful understood staff needs next manger didn't care was not happy place staff made to stay on till and sell sas
Pros
4 hour shif
Cons
Sas
8 October 2020
Hi!Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.I'm really sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us.If you wish to discuss this in more detail, please contact the people teamThanks, Savers
If you enjoy being told to give up holiday, days off, happiness, safety in the work place, then Savers is the place for YOU! You’ll be expected to work a minimum of 50 hours a week and only get paid for 39. You’ll be expected to give up holiday and days off at short notice if your Area Manager demands it. You’ll be expected to do at least three peoples jobs at any one time as they’ve cut the budgets so ridiculously low that you can’t afford to staff the store but still be expected to achieve high standards. You’ll be expected to never complain about unfair hours, targets, pay, bullying (by the Area Manager and other store managers) because HR won’t deal with it and just blame the victims. You can be physically assaulted by another member of staff and it will still be the victims fault. You’ll be degraded and demeaned on a daily basis until you feel worthless and Savers won’t care because they believe that you are replaceable. Do yourself one favour this year and don’t apply!
17 September 2019
Hi!Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.I'm really sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us. If you wish to discuss this in more detail, please contact the people teamThanks, Savers
I currently hold a personal licence which gave me a more frequent role within making sure the shop was safe for customers and colleagues, I made sure that customers was fine with finding their products and making sure colleagues knew the products that they were trying to sell and making sure they knew what tasks they had to do.
i work one day a week for 4 hrs i go in sign in go put my name badges on then i get stuck in im mostly on tills serving with a big smile always the older generation love it when im working there as ive been told by an elderly lady.
Pros
no lunch
Cons
nt long hours
it was a CUSTOMER SERVICE focused job. I enjoyed working with the staff and I was a team player. savers is one of a biggest stores around
A typical day would include either doing delivery shift or day shift where i would be facing the shelves, operating the till and helping out customers who require assistance. I learned how to use the till, doing a picking list and how to work the delivery safely. There is nothing i particularly like about working at savers, though i do enjoy speaking to the customers and having a good laugh whilst assisting them.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Savers Health and Beauty?