Savers Health and Beauty

Savers Health and Beauty Culture reviews

United Kingdom955 reviews

Clear

Sales targets are terrible

Most stressful part of the job is the sales targets you are set daily. Store managers are constantly leaving so no stability. Area managers are rude and harsh. Staff however are absolutely lovely and supportive.

Productive and rewarding

I am currently Assistant Manager. The work is fast paced but ultimately rewarding with fantastic incentives. Management support is incredible as is area management support. The opportunity for advancement is great as in my nearly 3 years of employment I have stepped up from Supervisor to Assistant Manager with help and encouragement. It is a great place to work

Insights into Savers Health and Beauty

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues

productive and fun workplace

There is a good work-life balance at savers and the management is supportive and helps motivate you to achieve your sas goals. Although, there is stress particularly in January to achieve the SAS targets the team was supportive. I always enjoyed going to work and I became more confident in myself.

Pros

good work-life balance, friendly atmosphere

Cons

Sas

Okey but stress

Lovely management however pay is poor:(You meet nice staff which brightens up the mood to work however customers can be rude and pressure on SAS causes mental problems

If you enjoy working for a laughably low wage then go ahead

I have worked at savers for 3 years and as a team leader/supervisor for 1 year. Actual managers can be very nice and decent people. But anyone above them just simply don't care or have 1IQ. Hours will be dumped on you and they force you to work them. If you are a sales assistant hired in summer they will most likely fire you in winter when the hours drop. Everything is 10 years in the past. This place is a joke. The only reason I have stayed is because I'm in one of the better stores with a lovely team and customers. But I have worked in the bad stores and they suck so much.

Pros

Good team members

Cons

Laughable wage, awful management and overall company culture, uncertain hours/days off

Collaborative, fun environment.

I worked here for a reasonable amount of time, and it was mixed-bag. The highlight for me was the team. I really enjoyed working with everyone, and found it to be a collaborative working space with lots of friendly relationships (which made the work day go much quicker!). The team is young, so lots of banter and friendly chatting. I found that my concerns were always listened to and appreciated by management, and that management genuinely had our best interests at heart.Hours were good and stable week-on-week, and I didn't mind working weekends or bank holidays. You would have to work either Christmas Eve or Boxing Day, and usually New Year's Day as well. The company really should give out bank holiday bonuses for this, but unless you're management they won't. Unusual. If you're ever looking for more hours, management are usually very accommodating of this.The tasks to complete in the work-day are normally very varied. The longer you're there for, the less likely you're going to be serving on the till all day. Often you'll be able to help in the stock room, tackle deliveries and tidy the store (these are the most enjoyable parts!). Whilst early morning (6am) deliveries are hard work, they are probably the most enjoyable job. No customers!As most of these reviews say, the worst part about working here is SAS (offering promotions to customers at the till). SAS is a compulsory component of working here, and is fairy awkward, robotic and difficult. If you are someone who is socially anxious, awkward or very introverted, this job probably isn't for you. I felt as well that -

Productive and fun workplace

It felt like my 2nd home, and my family. What an amazing bunch of people to be around. So supportive, so lovely and welcoming. Not only were they supportive professionally, but also personally too. If you had anything going on you can be sure that they will be there for you, a shoulder to cry on. Best people to ever meet.

Fun at work as well as getting the job done.

Great place to work.my team members are really great 👍. Can have fun as well as doing a great job at the same time.my manager is very keen to help me with the learning role 😀 👍

fun work place, great team

my experience at savers was overall enjoyable, i had a great team who made work fun! it allowed me to grow as an individual allowing me to gain lots of confidence and experience.

Pros

team was amazing

1 March 2022
Hi!Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.I'm so happy to hear you are enjoying your time with us. It's really important.Thanks, Savers

Competitive, good teamwork & flexible.

I enjoy my job, competitive, good team & relaxed. Flexible for my shifts with family commitments if given enough notice. I wouldn't enjoy it as much if it wasn't for my team I work with.

Pros

My team

Cons

Sales targets & repetitive

Brilliant place to work

Honestly regret leaving this job but I needed full time work where this was only part time. Brilliant team and management. Literally can't fault the place.

Pros

Management, great working environment

1 March 2022
Hi!Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. It's really important.We wish you all the best for your future.Thanks, Savers

it’s not that bad

it’s a fun place to work, it does get very busy sometimes like any retail company. But it overall was a great place to work at! I would recommend it for anyone.

Pros

nice group of people

Cons

nothing

25 January 2022

Absolutely amazing place to work, only left due to needing full time hours, the team I worked with was like a little family always there for each other no matter what.. management would always communicate what was happening weekly within the company. The management in the store I was in were Absolutely amazing! And I would go back in a heartbeat if I could!

Pros

Management team, discounts in superdrug

Cons

None!

Lovely place to work

Great place to work, hard work but we have fun , we work very hard as a team to achieve the goals that we want , would recommend this store to anyone to work here 🙂

Stressful, competitive and far too underpaid

This company underpays you for the tasks they make you do. Not only do you have to annoy customers with stupid promotions, it draws the life away from your soul when you’re told you’re not good enough when customers refuse the promotions you are forced to offer. It is not fun, or enjoyable. Furthermore, the competitiveness of the company is crazy. If you don’t sell a certain amount a week you get told off, and the manager gets told off. All we ever heard whilst I worked at savers was “the area manager is not happy with us again” or “we’ve done so bad on promotions”, which is not our problem because we cannot force customers to buy items!!! The breaks for this job are awful too.

Pros

The managers are generally nice

Cons

Unrealistic expectations

Well managed, fun team.

Can be a very busy work place, always jobs to do. Team work well together and often customers complement the staff for good service.Management are lovely and encourage a good working environment and support, appreciating the work you do.Can be a fast pace job with on going refreshing training.

Pros

Great management

Fun workplace

Savers is a fun workplace to work. I have only worked there for months as an apprentice. I love that all the staff get on and you can have a laugh with the staff when you are working.

A culture of bullying in a budget store.

I guess the only good thing to say about working at Savers is you will have a good work-life balance because you won't get enough hours for it to interfere with your life. The job is banal, boring, repetitive and in the end erosive. You will either be serving on the till and trying to force feed perfumes e.t.c to customers (who just want to buy their shopping and leave), work behind the till is limited to tasks like facing up perfumes, security tagging more expensive products and other adhoc duties given by management, the till area is cramped and if customers have lots of shopping it is very awkward to pack. I found the customers the best thing, you get to know the regulars and can have at least some banter in an otherwise hostile environment. If you are not serving on the tills or you will be facing up the store and making sure everything is placed and in order, this may include replenishing shelves from drawers or putting deliveries out.During the recent pandemic there was no real attempt to limit the number of customers allowed in the store bearing in mind most are smaller outlets on the high street. There was also no provision in the beginning for hand sanitizer or disinfecting of baskets. I was aware that members of staff came into work whilst unwell, not testing or in full knowledge they had been in close contact with someone who had tested positive. As the pandemic went on things did improve for customers but not for employees who were put at risk by their co-workers. Finally onto management and the treatment of staff. The nature of the job is to be the best in your -

Pros

Cons

Too long to list

One of the Best Employers in the country. DO NOT BELIVE THE HYPE.

Promises broken, lies told, no support, Area Managers talking bad things about you to other staff, appalling work/life balance, 7 months nightmare working there. Blame culture rife from shop floor through to higher management. Full investigations asked for if the regional manager didn’t like the member of staff so as to drive them out of the company, it’s not what you know it’s who you know to get on in the company and managers using those friendships to threaten you with further action. Made my life a living nightmare.

Pros

Met some wonderful people on the shop floor.

Cons

As above. Just awful place to work.

2 July 2021
Hi There,We are very sorry to read through the review that you have left us, the issues you have raised is something we take very seriously so please can you get in contact with our People Team so we can investigate further.We wish the best of luck in your future and hope hear from you soonThanks,Savers

Such a lovely team

A great place to work part time if you need a little extra money. The management are well organised & are actively there if you need assistance— as well as the colleagues! Customers are overall lovely, would definitely recommend

Pros

short shifts, always busy

Cons

low pay

2 July 2021

Great management but not the type of job for progression

Started there on a 12 hour contract on morning deliveries. The work culture and the store management were brilliant always supportive and understanding. Downsides were that delivery was sometimes unpredictable and the wages could be a little higher for the hard work put in. Overall good company but can look after their store management and assistants alot better.

Pros

Discounts at superdrug

Cons

Not the best of pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers Health and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Savers Health and Beauty with

• Savers Health and Beauty
  • Culture
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?