Savers Health and Beauty

Savers Health and Beauty Management reviews

United Kingdom955 reviews

Clear

Stressful but some positives

The pressure put on sales assistants regarding SAS sales is much too high, causing management to often take out their own stress on other staff if the store hasn’t hit its target, making it feel very two faced at times. However, the job itself is not too difficult. It is fast paced and there is always something to do, even if you’re on till for most of your shift. Hours, days off and pay was also always very fair in my branch. Just get rid of the fear mongering surrounding SAS sales that turn so many employees away and it would genuinely be the perfect place to work. The company are letting themselves down with that.

Worst place to work

Avoid Avoid Avoid management don't exist used as scapegoat when things go wrong even if not there. Don't get paid for over time. Team work none exsitant

Insights into Savers Health and Beauty

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues

Productive and rewarding

I am currently Assistant Manager. The work is fast paced but ultimately rewarding with fantastic incentives. Management support is incredible as is area management support. The opportunity for advancement is great as in my nearly 3 years of employment I have stepped up from Supervisor to Assistant Manager with help and encouragement. It is a great place to work

Everyone is talking about everyone!

Everyone is talking about everyone behind their back making it a really uncomfortable working environment, one supervisor the worst for it. The manager is nice but she hasn't got the backing from her management team for the above reason.Shifts are cancelled hours before you are due to start because the shop wasn't hitting targets the previous day. Go in every shift and days/times would be changed on the rota.Top tip: if you do choose to work here, keep a note of your overtime...

Avoid

Company is horrible avoid working here. Started on 8hr contract end up doing 40hrs a week. Have to travel to other shops as well as doing your shifts in own shops no fuel money and no better thought of. Entitled to an hour break lucky is you get 10mins. Working over and not getting paid for it. Finding out your shifts for the week the day before so you can’t plan anything management think you don’t have a life away from work and expect you to work whenever they say. Miserable workplace colleagues are friendly that’s the only plus side

Pros

Friendly colleagues

Sales targets are terrible

Most stressful part of the job is the sales targets you are set daily. Store managers are constantly leaving so no stability. Area managers are rude and harsh. Staff however are absolutely lovely and supportive.

Avoid unless you have no life

Would not recommend this company to work for, all they care about is money in the tills, they do not care about the staffs emotional and mental wellbeing at all.You will be expected to work long hours with very little breaks and the pay is shocking, having to sell sas is super hard work and if you don't sell enough you can be put under investigation.I now do a lot less and am been paid the same as when I was a member of management at savers, which may I add is one of the most stressful jobs I have ever done, you are constantly expected to do more and more, deadlines, targets and budgets have to be met always,you might aswel sleep there as you won't actually get to go home and see your family much. The only good thing I can say is there is always a good team spirit, but other than that it is a thankless job and only the big Big bosses get to reap the rewards for all your hardwork.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, shocking pay, rubbish company

productive and fun workplace

There is a good work-life balance at savers and the management is supportive and helps motivate you to achieve your sas goals. Although, there is stress particularly in January to achieve the SAS targets the team was supportive. I always enjoyed going to work and I became more confident in myself.

Pros

good work-life balance, friendly atmosphere

Cons

Sas

Worst place ever

Worst place to ever work for!!!Great place IF you have absolutely zero social life and don’t mind working over time all the time!On your days off they want you to come in and work and you get no respect for going in and helping out they just treat you like dirt on the back of their shoes Mangers are the worst! Mean nasty and don’t communicate with you or customers.I WOULD AVOID AT ALL COSTS ITS THE WORST PLACE TO EVER WORK

Pros

Cons

Over time on days off. Mangers disrespectful

Terrible

God awful, my manager would make weird and strange remarks and also be very nice one minute and then horrible the next. The whole workplace slagged each other behind their backs.

Low pay but easy job

The pay was very low for what you do. Often you would have to do extra shifts as we’re short staffed. Would be backed into a corner to work the next day. On tills you’d have to active sell products, with a target to reach each day. You’d get pressured to reach this target and could become stressful. The job was fairly simple, could get quite busy but slow in morning and evenings. The store is only closed on Christmas Day, meaning having to work on bank holidays. If you rang in sick the management would get annoyed and often felt pressured to go in anyway. Aside from this the team was very friendly and like a family environment.

Okey but stress

Lovely management however pay is poor:(You meet nice staff which brightens up the mood to work however customers can be rude and pressure on SAS causes mental problems

If you enjoy working for a laughably low wage then go ahead

I have worked at savers for 3 years and as a team leader/supervisor for 1 year. Actual managers can be very nice and decent people. But anyone above them just simply don't care or have 1IQ. Hours will be dumped on you and they force you to work them. If you are a sales assistant hired in summer they will most likely fire you in winter when the hours drop. Everything is 10 years in the past. This place is a joke. The only reason I have stayed is because I'm in one of the better stores with a lovely team and customers. But I have worked in the bad stores and they suck so much.

Pros

Good team members

Cons

Laughable wage, awful management and overall company culture, uncertain hours/days off

Very demanding

Working here is rewarding but the demands are too much, expectations of what can be done in the time from regional managers is far too much. Makes it an unhappy place to work! Don't work here if you want to not get called in all the time

Pros

Some staff are fab

Not bad

Wasn't bad working there only issue is having to get searched whenever you leave the store as if they are accusing all staff of stealing. When you're new they make you do most if the work.

Decent job if you don't need hours

Working at Savers is great if you just need a little pocket money, but if you have bills and responsibilities, don't work here. You dont get thought about if you arent Management, they get salaried hours so they don't have to worry about hours been cut or no overtime! Don't get me wrong, most of the Management do try their best to help where they can, but its useless if the decision has to go to someone higher than them.

Pros

Very flexible with hours

Cons

Can work there a long time and get no where, no promotions, nothing!

Collaborative, fun environment.

I worked here for a reasonable amount of time, and it was mixed-bag. The highlight for me was the team. I really enjoyed working with everyone, and found it to be a collaborative working space with lots of friendly relationships (which made the work day go much quicker!). The team is young, so lots of banter and friendly chatting. I found that my concerns were always listened to and appreciated by management, and that management genuinely had our best interests at heart.Hours were good and stable week-on-week, and I didn't mind working weekends or bank holidays. You would have to work either Christmas Eve or Boxing Day, and usually New Year's Day as well. The company really should give out bank holiday bonuses for this, but unless you're management they won't. Unusual. If you're ever looking for more hours, management are usually very accommodating of this.The tasks to complete in the work-day are normally very varied. The longer you're there for, the less likely you're going to be serving on the till all day. Often you'll be able to help in the stock room, tackle deliveries and tidy the store (these are the most enjoyable parts!). Whilst early morning (6am) deliveries are hard work, they are probably the most enjoyable job. No customers!As most of these reviews say, the worst part about working here is SAS (offering promotions to customers at the till). SAS is a compulsory component of working here, and is fairy awkward, robotic and difficult. If you are someone who is socially anxious, awkward or very introverted, this job probably isn't for you. I felt as well that -

Worst place

Loved my 3 years until management ruined it for me. Massively under appreciated. Expected not to have a life outside of savers. Wouldn't recommend to anyone whatsoever.

Pros

Meeting friends through staff

Cons

Being unappreciated. Spoken to like dirt

They don't care about you and its all LIES

Worked there for 3 years; worst time of my life. Care more about their promotional sales than your wellbeing- got mental or physical health issues? You'd better believe you're staying on the till while your sick or having a panic attack. Also, want to have a life outside of the job? Forget about it. Was on a 12 hour contract and worked up to 50 hours at Christmas. They would even get annoyed when I would say I had college to go to and nearly didn't let me go to my university interview. Short staffed constantly because the management are so mean that no one wants to work there. So desperate at one point the manager came into MY OTHER WORKPLACE begging me to work for them straight after my other shift. Also you're not allowed to talk to other staff members while working because you'll get told off and you are forced to LIE, yes, LIE to customers about promotional items prices just to get the sale. The whole franchise is pathetic and I feel sick even thinking about the place.

Mostly stressful

The company doesn't take that much care over their staff.... the training online is rediculas time consuming and alot is irrelevant.The company only really cares about add on sales pushed onto customers its stressful and most of the customers do not like this after sales pushing.. i will be glad to leave... and and also management is poor and the staff turnover is ridiculas ... people really do not stay very long...

Pros

Cons

Pressure

I enjoyed my job here until a manager thought it ok to say something inappropriate to me thankfully he left but it still haunts me

Area management could do with more training in awareness of people with mental health issues to be able to understand what goes through your head & what other triggers are caused by lack of understanding

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers Health and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Savers Health and Beauty with

• Savers Health and Beauty
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?