Savers Health and Beauty

Savers Health and Beauty Employee Reviews for Retail Trainee

Working within this retail sector 9-5 meant that shifts could be physically draining as you are on your feet for long periods of time due to the popularity of the business. A typical day would entail clearing a delivery on to the shop floor, putting excess stock in drawers/warehouse and dealing with customer inquiries and using the point of sale machines.
19 March 2020
Hi!Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. It's really important.We wish you all the best for your future.Thanks, Savers
The management at savers is absolutely disgraceful. The way the managers treat their staff is disgusting and they have no respect for their staff. They behave very nicely and ensure that the shop is clean and tidy when the head manager comes around otherwise they avoid all their responsibilities. Would not reccomend joining the savers in halifax at all due to the poor management.
3 March 2020
Hi!Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.I'm really sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us.If you wish to discuss this in more detail, please contact the people teamThanks, Savers
was a good place to work, all staff very friendly and helpful and made me feel part of the team from the moment i started. wish i could have stayed but was only there for work experience.
17 September 2019
Hi!We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us. Keep an eye out for any vacancies in your local stores to be a part of our team again! We would love to have you on board.Thanks,Savers
Working here was the best experience I've ever had. By far the best thing about working here were the people. There was such great chemistry with everyone. The people are the best I've encountered. I was only here on work experience so I didn't get paid from Savers, which I knew from the start. I was doing 24 hours a week over the course of 5 days, which was great for me. I started at a reasonable time also. The agreement at the end of my placement was if they thought I was a good worker I would have a good reference from both the manager and the assistant manager and if they were really impressed they would remember me if a job became available. But the best thing about working here were definitely the people.
Pros
The people, references, possible job eventually, grear hours.
17 September 2019
Hi!Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed working with us. We wish you all the best for your future.Thanks,Savers
I completed work placement at Savers as Skills Training Walsall helped me find a work placement to complete to help me with working in a retail busy environment.
Pros
Excellent staff.
26 January 2018
Hi There,Thanks for leaving us this feedback! We wish you the best of luck in your career.Many thanks,Nicole
although it was only temporary the manager and staff did a fine job of making me feal welcome and calm at all times, work hours were easy to get a hang of, and the manager never forgot about any staff member, and always ensured everyone worked efficiently and effectively.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Was not payed (work exp)
it was only a work placement for 8 weeks but it is worth the time to get the experience you need savers is the place to get it and the workers are fun.
Pros
staff
Cons
hours
Hours of work experience: Monday to Friday 20 hours a week Skills I have learned from savers: customer service,shelving, sorting stock, cleaning the store, some till work.
Brilliant team to work with. Days go fast. Would recommend to anyone. Got till trained really quick, they do teach you the ropes of the retail environment very quickly.
Stacking shelves and facing up, bringing up stock from the store room and helping customers find products and dealing with enquiries.
Pros
1 Hour lunch
Cons
Long Hours
The people i worked with were very fun and energetic to get on with but i found it a very bad place to carry on working as it didnt have air con so it was always boiling and i always felt like i was going to faint!
A typical day at work consists of either arriving early at 7am and putting the deliveries out, or staying late until 7.30pm to get the shop ready for deliveries coming in and preparing the shop for opening in the morning. During a shift I do a wide range of tasks such as stocking shelves, serving customers, operating the tills and promoting items on special offer for the week.
Through my experience I have learned how to price check, deal and approach customers, order new tickets for stock, how to face up shelves and how to check and mark off totes. Co-workers were friendly and easy to get along with also helpful with any questions I had to ask. The most enjoyable part of the job would have been working with a team of people who made the experience enjoyable.
I was only at Savers in Work Experience. I was taught everything I had to know about retail. The manager and my supervisor made sure I knew everything I need to know about how retail works. I was free to leave Savers at any time because what I was doing was voluntary. The only downside was I was not getting paid for doing full time hours. I still had to take time out of my working day to go sign on at the job centre. The staff were absolutely great.
Pros
Approachable staff
Cons
Lack of wage
serving customers, answering the phone, dealing with any customers questions and/or complants