Savers Health and Beauty

Savers Health and Beauty Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Sales Assistant387 reviews
United Kingdom387 reviews

Nice place to work

Nice company Lovely managers just didn’t fit with home lifeEnjoyed different aspects of the job, lovely customers Didn’t enjoy selling fragrances but understood that this is part of the business.

Everyone is talking about everyone!

Everyone is talking about everyone behind their back making it a really uncomfortable working environment, one supervisor the worst for it. The manager is nice but she hasn't got the backing from her management team for the above reason.Shifts are cancelled hours before you are due to start because the shop wasn't hitting targets the previous day. Go in every shift and days/times would be changed on the rota.Top tip: if you do choose to work here, keep a note of your overtime...

Insights into Savers Health and Beauty

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues

Stressful but some positives

The pressure put on sales assistants regarding SAS sales is much too high, causing management to often take out their own stress on other staff if the store hasn’t hit its target, making it feel very two faced at times. However, the job itself is not too difficult. It is fast paced and there is always something to do, even if you’re on till for most of your shift. Hours, days off and pay was also always very fair in my branch. Just get rid of the fear mongering surrounding SAS sales that turn so many employees away and it would genuinely be the perfect place to work. The company are letting themselves down with that.

Avoid

Company is horrible avoid working here. Started on 8hr contract end up doing 40hrs a week. Have to travel to other shops as well as doing your shifts in own shops no fuel money and no better thought of. Entitled to an hour break lucky is you get 10mins. Working over and not getting paid for it. Finding out your shifts for the week the day before so you can’t plan anything management think you don’t have a life away from work and expect you to work whenever they say. Miserable workplace colleagues are friendly that’s the only plus side

Pros

Friendly colleagues

Cons

Stressful but sociable hours.

Very stressful. Managers will always be on your case for SAS (upselling perfumes to costumers) . Hours given is based on how much you sell. Good for uni students or people who want a good work-life balance.

Never again

The pressure to sell at the tills is ridiculous. Especially in the world we are living in now. People are struggling. I would love my job and want to work more hours if they didn’t make you sell pointless rubbish that no one wants to buy.

Pros

Non

Cons

Selling at the tills

Sales targets are terrible

Most stressful part of the job is the sales targets you are set daily. Store managers are constantly leaving so no stability. Area managers are rude and harsh. Staff however are absolutely lovely and supportive.

productive and fun workplace

There is a good work-life balance at savers and the management is supportive and helps motivate you to achieve your sas goals. Although, there is stress particularly in January to achieve the SAS targets the team was supportive. I always enjoyed going to work and I became more confident in myself.

Pros

good work-life balance, friendly atmosphere

Cons

Sas

Terrible

God awful, my manager would make weird and strange remarks and also be very nice one minute and then horrible the next. The whole workplace slagged each other behind their backs.

Low pay but easy job

The pay was very low for what you do. Often you would have to do extra shifts as we’re short staffed. Would be backed into a corner to work the next day. On tills you’d have to active sell products, with a target to reach each day. You’d get pressured to reach this target and could become stressful. The job was fairly simple, could get quite busy but slow in morning and evenings. The store is only closed on Christmas Day, meaning having to work on bank holidays. If you rang in sick the management would get annoyed and often felt pressured to go in anyway. Aside from this the team was very friendly and like a family environment.

Work place

This is fast pace job I get along well with my colleagues and the manager is excellent I would say maybe have stools behind counter as an eight hour shift it gets a bit hard to stand that long otherwise so far great place to work

Very demanding

Working here is rewarding but the demands are too much, expectations of what can be done in the time from regional managers is far too much. Makes it an unhappy place to work! Don't work here if you want to not get called in all the time

Pros

Some staff are fab

Cons

Decent job if you don't need hours

Working at Savers is great if you just need a little pocket money, but if you have bills and responsibilities, don't work here. You dont get thought about if you arent Management, they get salaried hours so they don't have to worry about hours been cut or no overtime! Don't get me wrong, most of the Management do try their best to help where they can, but its useless if the decision has to go to someone higher than them.

Pros

Very flexible with hours

Cons

Can work there a long time and get no where, no promotions, nothing!

Mental exhausting and management are never happy

I have worked for this company for a few years and I have never been so mental exhausted and felt so belittled.You can never do anything right and it's one rule for one and one rule for another.I have been going home on a daily basis feeling like a failure despite putting 1000% effort in. On a low contract yet doing 45hours a week. You have no life but work!Wouldn't recommend the company, not suitable for people with children especially if you want to see them.

Worst place

Loved my 3 years until management ruined it for me. Massively under appreciated. Expected not to have a life outside of savers. Wouldn't recommend to anyone whatsoever.

Pros

Meeting friends through staff

Cons

Being unappreciated. Spoken to like dirt

They don't care about you and its all LIES

Worked there for 3 years; worst time of my life. Care more about their promotional sales than your wellbeing- got mental or physical health issues? You'd better believe you're staying on the till while your sick or having a panic attack. Also, want to have a life outside of the job? Forget about it. Was on a 12 hour contract and worked up to 50 hours at Christmas. They would even get annoyed when I would say I had college to go to and nearly didn't let me go to my university interview. Short staffed constantly because the management are so mean that no one wants to work there. So desperate at one point the manager came into MY OTHER WORKPLACE begging me to work for them straight after my other shift. Also you're not allowed to talk to other staff members while working because you'll get told off and you are forced to LIE, yes, LIE to customers about promotional items prices just to get the sale. The whole franchise is pathetic and I feel sick even thinking about the place.

I enjoyed my job here until a manager thought it ok to say something inappropriate to me thankfully he left but it still haunts me

Area management could do with more training in awareness of people with mental health issues to be able to understand what goes through your head & what other triggers are caused by lack of understanding

Horrendous

Worst job I’ve ever had. Awful management, disgusting amount of pressure on SAS sales that nobody wants. Always being made to feel guilty for asking for holiday, no breaks, no appreciation from company.

Worst job ever

Full of bullies, awfull place to work. Never had rota’s on time. Management just spent most of their time outside smoking. Being sworn at and spoken down to always.

Pros

nothing

Cons

everything

1 March 2022
Hi!Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.I'm really sorry to hear you aren't happy with your experience with us, your feedback is very valuable.If you wish to discuss this in more detail, please contact the people team who will be happy to assist you.Best of luck in the future! Thanks, Savers

Nice customers & staff are all nice… most of the time.

Work is fairly easy going ,however some workers aren’t the nicest and get called in all the time on your days off.Most customers are nice however, you get a few nasty ones and a lot of shop lifters

Pros

30min lunch break Nice customers Superdrug discount

Cons

Some staff are nasty Tight on hours

1 March 2022
Hi!Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.I'm so happy to hear you are enjoying your time with us. It's really important.Thanks, Savers

Poor managment

The management at the store I previously worked for was very poor work! Even with there being quite a few women working there, none of them understood general mother nature.

Pros

Customers

Cons

Poor management Low morale Low pay Overworked

1 March 2022

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers Health and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement