Savers Health and Beauty
Happiness score is 46 out of 100

Savers Health and Beauty Employee Reviews

United Kingdom955 reviews

Nice place to work

Nice company Lovely managers just didn’t fit with home lifeEnjoyed different aspects of the job, lovely customers Didn’t enjoy selling fragrances but understood that this is part of the business.

If you enjoy working for a laughably low wage then go ahead

I have worked at savers for 3 years and as a team leader/supervisor for 1 year. Actual managers can be very nice and decent people. But anyone above them just simply don't care or have 1IQ. Hours will be dumped on you and they force you to work them. If you are a sales assistant hired in summer they will most likely fire you in winter when the hours drop. Everything is 10 years in the past. This place is a joke. The only reason I have stayed is because I'm in one of the better stores with a lovely team and customers. But I have worked in the bad stores and they suck so much.

Pros

Good team members

Cons

Laughable wage, awful management and overall company culture, uncertain hours/days off

Very demanding

Working here is rewarding but the demands are too much, expectations of what can be done in the time from regional managers is far too much. Makes it an unhappy place to work! Don't work here if you want to not get called in all the time

Pros

Some staff are fab

Not bad

Wasn't bad working there only issue is having to get searched whenever you leave the store as if they are accusing all staff of stealing. When you're new they make you do most if the work.

Decent job if you don't need hours

Working at Savers is great if you just need a little pocket money, but if you have bills and responsibilities, don't work here. You dont get thought about if you arent Management, they get salaried hours so they don't have to worry about hours been cut or no overtime! Don't get me wrong, most of the Management do try their best to help where they can, but its useless if the decision has to go to someone higher than them.

Pros

Very flexible with hours

Cons

Can work there a long time and get no where, no promotions, nothing!

Collaborative, fun environment.

I worked here for a reasonable amount of time, and it was mixed-bag. The highlight for me was the team. I really enjoyed working with everyone, and found it to be a collaborative working space with lots of friendly relationships (which made the work day go much quicker!). The team is young, so lots of banter and friendly chatting. I found that my concerns were always listened to and appreciated by management, and that management genuinely had our best interests at heart.Hours were good and stable week-on-week, and I didn't mind working weekends or bank holidays. You would have to work either Christmas Eve or Boxing Day, and usually New Year's Day as well. The company really should give out bank holiday bonuses for this, but unless you're management they won't. Unusual. If you're ever looking for more hours, management are usually very accommodating of this.The tasks to complete in the work-day are normally very varied. The longer you're there for, the less likely you're going to be serving on the till all day. Often you'll be able to help in the stock room, tackle deliveries and tidy the store (these are the most enjoyable parts!). Whilst early morning (6am) deliveries are hard work, they are probably the most enjoyable job. No customers!As most of these reviews say, the worst part about working here is SAS (offering promotions to customers at the till). SAS is a compulsory component of working here, and is fairy awkward, robotic and difficult. If you are someone who is socially anxious, awkward or very introverted, this job probably isn't for you. I felt as well that -

Mental exhausting and management are never happy

I have worked for this company for a few years and I have never been so mental exhausted and felt so belittled.You can never do anything right and it's one rule for one and one rule for another.I have been going home on a daily basis feeling like a failure despite putting 1000% effort in. On a low contract yet doing 45hours a week. You have no life but work!Wouldn't recommend the company, not suitable for people with children especially if you want to see them.

Worst place

Loved my 3 years until management ruined it for me. Massively under appreciated. Expected not to have a life outside of savers. Wouldn't recommend to anyone whatsoever.

Pros

Meeting friends through staff

Cons

Being unappreciated. Spoken to like dirt

Productive and fun workplace

It felt like my 2nd home, and my family. What an amazing bunch of people to be around. So supportive, so lovely and welcoming. Not only were they supportive professionally, but also personally too. If you had anything going on you can be sure that they will be there for you, a shoulder to cry on. Best people to ever meet.

They don't care about you and its all LIES

Worked there for 3 years; worst time of my life. Care more about their promotional sales than your wellbeing- got mental or physical health issues? You'd better believe you're staying on the till while your sick or having a panic attack. Also, want to have a life outside of the job? Forget about it. Was on a 12 hour contract and worked up to 50 hours at Christmas. They would even get annoyed when I would say I had college to go to and nearly didn't let me go to my university interview. Short staffed constantly because the management are so mean that no one wants to work there. So desperate at one point the manager came into MY OTHER WORKPLACE begging me to work for them straight after my other shift. Also you're not allowed to talk to other staff members while working because you'll get told off and you are forced to LIE, yes, LIE to customers about promotional items prices just to get the sale. The whole franchise is pathetic and I feel sick even thinking about the place.

Mostly stressful

The company doesn't take that much care over their staff.... the training online is rediculas time consuming and alot is irrelevant.The company only really cares about add on sales pushed onto customers its stressful and most of the customers do not like this after sales pushing.. i will be glad to leave... and and also management is poor and the staff turnover is ridiculas ... people really do not stay very long...

Pros

Cons

Pressure

I enjoyed my job here until a manager thought it ok to say something inappropriate to me thankfully he left but it still haunts me

Area management could do with more training in awareness of people with mental health issues to be able to understand what goes through your head & what other triggers are caused by lack of understanding

Horrendous

Worst job I’ve ever had. Awful management, disgusting amount of pressure on SAS sales that nobody wants. Always being made to feel guilty for asking for holiday, no breaks, no appreciation from company.

Cons

Fun at work as well as getting the job done.

Great place to work.my team members are really great 👍. Can have fun as well as doing a great job at the same time.my manager is very keen to help me with the learning role 😀 👍

Worst job ever

Full of bullies, awfull place to work. Never had rota’s on time. Management just spent most of their time outside smoking. Being sworn at and spoken down to always.

Pros

nothing

Cons

everything

1 March 2022
Hi!Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.I'm really sorry to hear you aren't happy with your experience with us, your feedback is very valuable.If you wish to discuss this in more detail, please contact the people team who will be happy to assist you.Best of luck in the future! Thanks, Savers

Pay is rubbish, management does not care

Management does not care. The rest of the team was lovely. Boring if you're stuck on the tills all day. It's a stepping stone job so you can't really expect much.

1 March 2022
Hi!Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.I'm really sorry to hear you aren't happy with your experience with us, your feedback is very valuable.If you wish to discuss this in more detail, please contact the people team who will be happy to assist you.Thanks, Savers

Hard work but fun as well

I have worked in the camden store on and off since 2016 great people great products good management easy to talk to and aways something different to do and great customers

1 March 2022
Hi!Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.I'm so happy to hear you are enjoying your time with us. It's really important.Thanks, Savers

Nice customers & staff are all nice… most of the time.

Work is fairly easy going ,however some workers aren’t the nicest and get called in all the time on your days off.Most customers are nice however, you get a few nasty ones and a lot of shop lifters

Pros

30min lunch break Nice customers Superdrug discount

Cons

Some staff are nasty Tight on hours

Poor managment

The management at the store I previously worked for was very poor work! Even with there being quite a few women working there, none of them understood general mother nature.

Pros

Customers

Cons

Poor management Low morale Low pay Overworked

1 March 2022

I love my job, It can be challenging & stressful but I am a believer in organisation & routine.Lots of fun can be had, If you like raising money for charity then you can have fun too.Everyday can be different, As long as you have a great team to work with it makes a difference.Support could be better but it's there when needed.

Pros

Discount card for a sister retailer

1 March 2022

Rubbish place and awful management.

Starting working there on a part time contract and I worked really hard. I was treated really bad by management and head office didnt do anything when you would contact them. I hated working there and was so happy when I found a better job.

1 March 2022

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers Health and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement