Savills Catering

Savills Catering Employee Reviews

Great Rates of Pay , Enjoyable & perfect working hours

I am a former employee with Savills Catering, what a great company to work for. The staff and residents are so friendly, the team of area managers and the ladies in the office are all so lovely. Great rates of pay and a very enjoyable work place, its nice and relaxed the hours fit around my daughters school hours too. Would go back to work for them in a heartbeat if i never moved home! Thank you Savills for making it a great 8 years with the company!! :)

Pros

Brilliant hours

Cons

No Cons

Great place of work, enjoyable and perfect hours

I have worked for savills catering for 5 years now, the hours are perfect as i work around my daughters school, really good rates of pay and such an enjoyable place to work, office ladies are lovely, highly recommend working for savills!!

Pros

great hours and rates of pay

Cons

No Cons

Not what your lead to believe!!

They are the same as any other contract caterers. Expect 110% from you & pay you the going rate under the guise of it being competitive.( depending if your male or female…) Equipment needs a lot to be desired!! Management (using that term loosely) seen to be doing but actually not doing anything. There are no bonuses or opportunities to progress. Training is standard.Do not have any ideas or make any complaints as these will be at best, squashed or ignored. At worst you will be bullied into silence. Expect to use your own phone to place orders & pre orders for when you are off sick or on holiday with no remittance for using it.If you want a job where no one cares weather your doing a good or bad job as long as they have “bodies in the building” join the “team” (once again using that term very loosely!!)Yes head office are polite & helpful.

Pros

Work/life balance

Cons

Way to long to list

Great work place

I have been with Savills 1.5 year And so far I have to say I'm happy. it's lovely place to work. Big well organised kitchen. Uniform provided.. Easy job . Shifts suit my life style.I work with a great, hardworking and reliable team - which gives me great support.Management is very professional, friendly, supportive and helpful.Overall great company to work for and would recommend anyone seeking employment in the food industry to apply to work at Savills Catering .

Pros

Uniform provided, great team

Cons

Hot in a kitchen.

Good

Good place to work. Perfect hrs for working parents. Good team of managers always helps with any problems I have. helpful office staff . All training provided Positive attitude.

Helpful, caring, very fair

People are good to work with, always explain if there are any issues, fair to the employee, uniform provided.Start at 11.00am arrive 15 min before to get readyStaff I work with are friendly as are the residents.Passed and learnt about Allergens, H&S, Basic Food Hygiene, Fire Safety, COSHH.Its hot in the kitchen in the summerSeeing the residents happy with their lunchtime meals

Pros

Good hours, good working ethic

Cons

Hot in the summer

Good Company to Work & Grow

Professional Company .... Passionate staff and Managers..Foodie company.. Have growth options with Training. Good work is appreciated and recognized.

Pros

Recogniton

Rewarding/important

I have thoroughly enjoyed my 18 months spent working with savills catering.They have a clear vision of where they want to be and the quality of service they want me to be providing which makes my work easy.The office staff are always very polite and helpful, and there are good team of managers on hand to assist me when required.All In all a very good and positive move in my catering career.Thanks

Pros

Team, work place and residents

Cons

N/a

Lovely place to work

Nice company to work for, support is always available when needed.They provide a nice uniform, full training and are flexible and accommodating when needed.

Enjoyable place to work

I thoroughly enjoy working at Savills Catering, all the staff are great to work with and very supportive. The work is interesting and varied and I was made to feel very welcome and settled in quickly. Looking forward to the company growing.

A well run company with a great passion for what they do. Feel a valued employee and work with a fantastic team. Always receive great help and support from my peers and management. An exciting company that is growing in the Catering Industry.

Pros

Working with a great team

Cons

A proactive company with great vision.

A passionate catering company with a fantastic vision. You have a well placed work life balance.Lots of internal opportunity’s to grow and move on. The appreciation from the guest at lunch time is alway a great part of the day. seeing people enjoying great food.

Pros

Great work life balance.

Nice pkace to work

Savills took over from NHG there for I didn't have an interview. They didn't take much interest in your job role just complained about you to others. Could of stay a really good place to work its a shame to leave.

Pros

The staff you work with

Cons

Not enough hour's

O hours

O hours, 'hear say runours' dry overcooked food once left more than 20 mins in hot containers, elusive managers, unlawfull no info silent suspension pending investigation, blamed on sickness days i have evidence to prove otherwise, although fuw nice amicable workers and payed on time

Pros

Very short shifts

Cons

Very short shifts

Good company to work for

I have nothing but nice things to say about working here, good money and management was great 😊 free food on shifts, well made uniforms provided and a relaxed work atmosphere would reccomend working here to anyone.

Nice relaxed company/ management

I’ve worked for Savills’s for 4 yrs , it’s a nice company to work for I’m left alone to run my kitchen , easygoing I enjoy, whet I do could do with more money, but who doesn’t want more I’ve recommended vaccines to friends/ family who now also work for them , I’m a kitchen manager, but we are all equal that’s what I like about it.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

More money

enjoyable work place

prepare meals for the residents at the care home, serving up there food. washing up, cleaning down the surfaces. making sure the kitchen is clean and tidy. stock taking, rotating stock. i enjoy working along side the other general assistants in the kitchen because we can have a laugh and listen to music as we are working.

Pros

free breakfast lunch and dinner

Cons

12 hour days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savills Catering. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

3.9Job security/advancement
  • Savills Catering
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?