Savills
Happiness score is 49 out of 100

Savills Employee Reviews

United Kingdom124 reviews

busy workplace

job keeps you busy (it was a shopping mall).equipment needed for job provided.training available if needed.friendly staff.uniform provided.interaction with the public

Pros

kept busy and uniform provided

Cons

reduced hours/days (covid related)

Great place to work, management very supportive

The management are very helpful and supportive. Training is comprehensive and workload is reviewed continuously to ensure you are kept busy but not overloaded.

Pros

Good environment, supportive management and comprehensive ongoing training.

I had a great time whilst I was employed by Savills.

Days could vary, they could be long, everyone was supportive. Management was always helpful, and they were always available.there was a great team spirit. Great workplace culture always fun, there was always something to do outside of work. The hardest part of the job was the commute. Being their with the team.

Pros

Great camaraderie

Cons

sometimes long hours, the commute if you don't live in London.

Poor Management

I worked at the Norwich office and found it to be incredibly negative.Management would aim their stress at staff to the point they lost all confidence in themselves, were depressed, not sleeping and genuinely very unwell.Every time this was reported to HR nothing was done and staff were forced to leave. Why is the staff turnover not looked into by head office?.For as long as management in the Norwich office are in charge and not questioned on their behaviour staff will continue to leave.I left as I could not work in these conditions any more and am saddened when I hear others are having to leave for the same reasons.

Pros

Great location

Brilliant

I love working for Savills. Tremendous support, traiming and my line manager is awesome. Salary is about right for the role and wouldn't change anything.

Pros

Training. Uderstanding

Negative atmosphere

Savills as a company is good to work for, they offer a competitive salary, bonus scheme and job security.Unfortunately due to poor management the company seems to encourage a negative behaviour towards staff and bullying is part of the culture. If your family don't own a large amount of land or if you didn't attend a private school you will most certainly be frowned upon and treated unfairly. Having witnessed many staff in tears, depressed and self doubting their abilities as a result of working at Savills I can most certainly say leaving was the best decision I have made in a long time.You don't need people skills to be a manager at Savills, you also don't need to be accountable for your actions or have a kind bone in your body. If you make HR aware of the issues in the office nothing will happen as the people in charge are wealthy and have contacts the business needs.It's a massive shame as the company offers great opportunities to those that are already wealthy or to those that are able to back stab to get to there position.Good luck.

Pros

Nice modern offices

Cons

Negative atmosphere

Management not helpful

They don't care about the employee say they are there to help but never help pay is never write always got to chance them up to get pay write management don't no what they are doing

Pros

Cons

Lots

Can't tell you about the company but can tell you about the metrocentre

Can't say much about Savills. They haven't been here long. But...The old Intu metrocentre management were taken on and...You are treated like a robot. Forget thinking for yourself, that is frowned upon.The metrocentre is top heavy. Duty managers who all have their own opinions or agendas, own will not listen to the staff that actually do the job.The team on the ground is a good bunch, with the exception of one or two.Favoritism runs rampant, those who are "liked" by some of the high ups think they are invincible and act well above their own pay grade and this causes a hostile enviroment to work in, and for a job the requires teamwork, it is extremly detrimental to moral.You are often treated like a child, with no room to think for yourself, everything you do is listed on how you should do and act to things and in an ideal world it would work like that. In practice, there is so many elements that can not be predicted.Managers, they are known to constantly lie to you about everything. And when questioned all knowledge of what they said is denied or "we've misunderstood" so if it's not written down it never happened in their eyes.Moral is though the floor with 90% of the staff with wishing they had a different job. Current events prevent them from leaving, but of the could they would. I was lucky.Do your own mental health a favour, wait till Savills have been in 6 months or a year and see if anything changes.

Pros

The team on the floor are a good bunch

Cons

A lot

Team outings were the only good thing

Staff turnover is very highNo progression even though promisedPeople seemed to get away with a lot and I seemed to do a lot of the hard work with no thanks for it

Pros

Team night out

Cons

Low pay

Really interesting good to work for savills

Savills are good company to work for they have been good to me .they have provided me with many courses to better myself .customer service I paramount to the job we do ,also we provide a safe environment for people to shop .we usually receive costumer with different backgrounds and we have recieved the right training to help costumers regarding their needs.

Pros

Good managment

Cons

N/a

Savills Glasgow

Literally the worst place I've ever worked. Clique environment. They go through so many staff because they dont accept new staff on their team. ( new home sale) Very little training and guidance. Micro management. Bullies I was warned not to take the job, I did. What a mistake!

Pros

9 til 5

Cons

Everything else!

Produktiver Arbeitgeber

Savills europäische Immobilien Beratung produktiver Arbeitgeber

Steer clear - the worst company I have ever worked for. Don’t be fouled by the ‘name’

If I could give Savills zero stars I would. I had the worst experience within the Margaret Street office the bullying culture is rife, it’s an old boys club and when I complained about bullying and harassment no action was taken. The HR department and heads of divisions are awful. If you want to be treated well steer clear and don’t be fouled by the ‘name’.

Pros

Absolutely nothing. Awful company.

Cons

Everything you’ve got it all wrong.

Quality brand of the orgainisation outwardly. Im sure many woyld be sursprised the way it works internally!

The commission system runs everybody's work based commitment rather than the live of the job. All about the monetary reward rather than quality of service provided.

Pros

Well known. Reputable.

Cons

They'll sell their grannies for extra commission. Its all about the bonus!

Not overly impressed

Company has extremely good reputation and looks after staff at 'higher level'. However management are appallingly bad, no support, no confidentiality, rank favouritism and worst of all, sexism.

Pros

Good money

Cons

You're on your own

Spineless Management

First place I've worked where the tenants of the mall rule the roost over security and the landlord of the building. We do our jobs in line with the assignment instructions and when certain tenants in the mall don't like it they go over our heads and straight to the top in a phone call to get special privileges. Cams don't work. Entrances aren't secure. Walls are crumbling.

Pros

Near where I live

Cons

Constantly undermined by management and HR are useless with empty promises

Mixed Review

Savills as a company are great to work for. There are yearly bonuses, a competitive salary and training courses that you can apply to attend throughout the year. The company arrange large regional and departmental get-togethers/yearly reviews that make you feel you are part of something bigger. My office was very very behind with the times. Everything was very pretentious, old school and very old fashioned. It was an inside joke at savills that our office was always just left to their own devices as it was Norfolk! Whilst the rest of the company was years ahead in marketing, our office and the older members of staff, all heads of department, refused to partake. This was incredibly frustrating. There is little room for promotion (in my experience) unless you want to work within sales or move offices. Managers are very old school and still spend their time on 3 hour lunches, come in at whatever time they wanted and use the company expenses account to their hearts desire on personal lunches, stationary and wine!

Pros

Training, support, marketing, career safety, experience gained

Cons

Old school management, lack of progression, old fashioned ways, abuse of company policies

Fast paced and competitive work environment

It is a great company to learn and develop your skills within, as it tests all of your abilities and experience, always taking employees out of their comfort zone.

Stuffy and class conscious

The person responsible for training me has a photographic memory and could not understand how others do not have the same capability. Was made to feel incompetent and got the eye roll every time I had a question. The answers to questions were not answered in a coherent way, and mistakes were made. These mistakes were only pointed out to me after I had worked there for 6 months. If there was a problem with my work, management should have pulled me aside to let me know what areas needed improvement.

Pros

Good pay, kept busy

Cons

Management uncaring

Wish I could have lied writing this

You will be safe working for savills until something goes wrong!! Your on your own then!!!.so be careful trust know one including work colleagues .!!!

Pros

Your own well being

Cons

Strenuous vetting system. Terrible cultural of bullying at individual contracts. Human Resources department are weak and powerless to tackle bullying

Culture of bullying and harassment are rife. Bullying styles of management are turned a blind eye to by the Human resources department. On individual corporate contracts racism is common place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savills. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Savills