Savoy Hotel

Savoy Hotel Employee Reviews

United Kingdom26 reviews

Productive and fun work

I worked in different hotels but Savoy was the best place for work. Management organised,helpful staff,Friendly colleagues. I strongly recommend the Savoy Hotel

Pros

Free lunch, benefits

Cons

Productive and fun place to work

I strongly recommend it to anyone!Its a one in a lifetime opportunity!Everything you do in this place is a lesson it was a school for me and i would easily go back and work for them again.

Good company but not enough salary

It sounds like a great company, but you work super hard for a minimum salary. At the end you are a small number in a big company and the management does not care about your problems.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Salary is not enough for what they expect from you!

Nice Location

Nice location over looking the sea, enjoy interacting with the customer but the job expectation was too demanding for the time given. The salary is minimum but you can have food on duty, live in accommodation and there is an opportunity to earn tips.

Pros

Accommodation + tips

Cons

Over work

Exciting and ever changing

The savoy is a wonderful place to work with wonderful people. Everyone is friendly and always look to help each other out. Free food, gym and lots of other perks help make living in London a little easier on the wallet.

A team spirit job

A place where I work dearly, is like a family. A clean place with jumpy people. We have what to learn and everyone helps you when you are dead. I recommended this job.

Organized workplace

Very organized and owners were easy to talk to. Working there was great overall, I had the freedom to do my job to the best of my ability which is great.

Pros

Free Accomadatoin

Cons

Working with family owners.

Great Professional place to work and gain experience

Great place to work and people to work with. I was phase one in external scaffolding / transferred later on job completion and where laboring job windows doors etc..

Productive and fun workplace

The hotel staff is very friendly and understands their work. Excellent guest service. Exceptional attention to guests and colleagues. Good experience and skills.

Excellent

Lovely place to work with kind, inspiring staff who helped me to increase my skills and clean to a high standard within a set time schedule and the managers are outstanding.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Savoy Hotel?

Ambiente

Muy buen ambiente de trabajo, sobre todo el compañerismo que hay entre todos, y las facilidades que te dan para realizar bien tu trabajo

fun workplace

A place where you have a lot to learn, a team always eager to help you, to teach you. A big family, we start working together, we finish the day together, nobody stays behind.

good

its a good place to work loved every minute they have time for everyone who works they they help you learn new things pay you good offer you less hours or more hours depending on how your working

Fun workplace

I didn't really like this job as i didnt get many hours and the pay wasnt good

Pros

Free breakfast

Cons

Pay

Muy buena

El departamento Houskeeping del hotel Savoy es muy organizado buena gente.

Pros

Como una familia

Cons

Nada

Depressiing and sad

Be expeted to work like a dog and treated like a dumb dumb as the staff are immature and the owner and managers are snobbs who would think no less to giving you stick if theh are feeling stressed.

Pros

Free dinner but its small

Cons

They dont always want to make you it or ask you

Buen ambiente de trabajo, con buen horario, un salario muy básico y bastante desorganizado en cuanto a gestión

En el Hotel Savoy existe una plantilla muy joven de personas que quieren comerse el mundo y eso es lo mejor que tiene. El horario de trabajo te dejaba realizar otro tipo de actividades durante el día, pero la desorganización que tienen hacía deslucir el trabajo del equipo de cara al público.

Pros

El horario y el equipo

Cons

la gestión

Intense, hard work

A big hotel with 180 covers. The rush during the service build your time managing skills. You have to be quick, efficient and to maintain the connection between you and the guests.

Busy and fun

I enjoyed serving new customers each day, meeting a lot of new faces. Especially when working behind the bar, hearing stories of experience from many years ago. Remembering correct orders and serving quickly and efficiently before the food gets cold, keeping your customers happy at all times. If any problems arose, I liked to be able to correct them as soon as possible.

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Not enough hours

productive and fun place

Interesting learning this job, I could learn an new job and improve my english, with the team good relation ship and the customers is well.

Pros

serving the guest

Cons

break time

Fast paced cusstomer service role.

Varied work load with a well established company that focused on building long term customer relations. Apart from managing the difficulty of late night shifts it was a wonderful company to work for.

Pros

Enjoyed interacting with the customers

Cons

Split shifts and late night finishes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savoy Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Savoy Hotel with

• Savoy Hotel
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?