SBFM
Happiness score is 57 out of 100

SBFM Employee Reviews

United Kingdom153 reviews

Fun place to work with friendly staff.

During my time as a Christmas temp i really enjoyed my work. The staff are very friendly and made me feel very welcome and relaxed I'm looking forward to finding more work whom are in need of my help.

unfair

Only get treated well if the managers like you or your family don't stick up for yourself or you will get punished more lack of communication and under paid

Pros

Stupid managers so can get away with alot

Cons

Long hours, bad management, lack of professionalism, and lack of compassion

Insights into SBFM

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Horrible company to work for

Unreliable, constantly changing things such as rotas/shift patterns and not informing staff about any changes, but expect staff to know about changes they have not been informed of.Payments are never correct.Expected to work bank holidays and other seasonal holidays such as Christmas & new years eve on standard pay.No regards to physical or mental wellbeing, if you have health issues they are not taken into account, if anything they make work life alot harder.

Pros

Nothing.

Cons

Everything.

Unpredictable

I started work as a security guard in this company, at the time it was a new role now 4 months later and there is no longer enough work for my role to continue, the position was advertised as permanent. Hahaha yeah what a joke

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

No support for your well being

I am very good at my job as i love to clean however sbfm are by far the worst company i have ever worked for. The staff at the gym where i currently clean are amazing and very supportive towards me but the company that i work for are not they dont care about peoples well being or mental state. The wages are poor for the amount of work one person is expected to do. I feel like when management come to do their audit checks they praise you and say how pleased they are but then turn around and lie about the bonus they will be giving you. No proper communication with as far as calling in sick or requesting time off. as soon as i can get another job i will gladly be leaving this company.

Pros

can be flexible

Cons

poor wage, no support, too much work for one person, they give false info

Second worst job I have had out of 11 jobs

Honestly not worth it. They treat you very badly and expect you to take it. I was promised training for months and nothing. They can't even be bothered to keep up with the news during the pandemic. They are an English company so when Wales went into lock down they didn't notice till I told them the fay before

Pros

They leave you alone to listen to music

Cons

Never met anyone in the company, no training even when promised, difficult to talk to payroll, sometimes just stood outside waiting because no one opened the doors, minimum wage

Average

Pros: .More or less offered job on the spot after asking a few simple questions providing they like your cv..Some people seem to like it..Paid training .Nice enough peopleCons:.Certain Management don't rush in getting back to you but as soon as you don't turn up they are on your back. Can be pretty abrupt in thier replies even when you are nothing but polite..Management can get too busy for your enquires . Seemed unprofessional at timesApply with caution. Could be worth it for you or it might not

Pros

Imediate start available, flexible to your needs

Cons

Management can get too busy for you, pay can be wrong

Terrible and depressing workplace

Dont get any holidays due to lack of staff.Don't get any training with chemicals and buffer,HR Staff hangs up on u when u need money sorted. Dont get any praise.

Pros

Cons

Low wage. No holidays . Paid monthly

Work is fun and less stressful

The company is focused and taking great steps to cover grounds. It is also strategic in working will firms that won't stress her employees. The signing in and logging out medium is smooth.

refused to pay me

don’t work here pays wrong you get given wrong working hours you then get told off for turning up at wrong time. not enough cleaning products and no staff

Terrible Company to work for

Cleaned for SBFM since March, Never had an induction, never had any training (even though I've been cleaning for years it would of been nice)They sent 2 goons from regional head office to explain to me how to sweep up (yes, really)I did my job with 100% commitment to be actually sworn at by one of the goons was the final insult.I left that day after 9 months of honest work.Avoid, unless really desperate for work.

Avoid!

I have worked in fm for years. This literally has to be the worst place I have ever encountered. They don’t pay the front line ops properly and even as a manager, can’t pay expenses correctly. Poor top end leadership. Contracts that are hugely under delivered on. Unfair treatment of all its staff. An absolute shambles. I cannot urge anyone strongly enough to avoid. They promise the world and deliver naff all. Whether that’s for an employee or client.

Pros

If you want to take the mick then you can because everyone is clueless

Cons

Text box not long enough to list

Poor

The communication is shockingly bad, they never respond to emails. There is no training. You don’t do an induction when you start the job. You are just left alone to get on with it without any help or support

Fun

Get to do as you please as long as you get the job done, they sort most things out still waiting on one thing being fixed in my work place and I'll be

Fast paced, high energy. Growing fast

I like it here as there's never a dull day. I started in operations, before moving to HQ. There has been lots of change mainly due to the growth of the business, but I feel Ive always got a chance to progress and be part of the business.

Pros

Fast, Opportunities, Good pay, Ethical business, People focussed

Cons

Can be long hours

Easy to apply and accommodating to hours change

Easy application, very good accommodating my availability to work. Only downfall is stock arriving weeks after being ordered. Training is provided constantly online and easy to access.

Neglectful company

They don’t contact you at all unless you do not show up. Complained and was meant to get an induction as I wanted to do everything right and not be accused of slacking, didn’t get one. The staff at pets at home have never seen anyone from sbfm. They will ignore your emails up until you say you are leaving then they email you everyday trying to get you to stay. Worst company ever DONT WORK HERE. (Latest cleaner 28/9/22)

Avoid Avoid Avoid

We're do I start there is no communication with this company managers never answer their phone,respond to text messages or emails wages are wrong about 95% of the time they make deductions from your wages that they never explain what they are for never any cleaning materials even treat the customer like dirtSo I say again Avoid Avoid Avoid

Decent

It’s an okay job, work can get repetitive each day but i haven’t had much problems. Depending on what location you’re working you might find work load easier or harder.

Productive and fun workplace

I feel that I'm respected and supported and most importantly I can always talk to my line manager and always can get the right adwise. I think the admin team is strong and supportive and gets the job done.

Pros

strong suport from H/O while I'm on the rroad

Cons

a bit long hours

Lucky I found this job

After being made redundant from my old job I got a job working with SBFM. I am very greatful as the process with stress free. I spoke to a few members of the team and they were all so considerate and took on board what hours and days I would like to work. Looking forward to doing more with work with them in the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SBFM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • SBFM
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?