SBL Couriers
Happiness score is 65 out of 100

SBL Couriers Employee Reviews

Overall good

Worked for about 3 weeks with a new management team. I was slow in my routes but always got fantastic support from the route managers. Eventually, I left with no hard feelings because I was supported throughout.

Pros

Great support

Cons

Really hard graft for some but possible to do well

Fast paced and well paid

I've been working out of DNR1 in Norwich now for 10 months, I quit my job in the offshore marine industry for this and I wouldn't look back. Anyone applying should register for VAT and make sure they have self employed stuff sorted out, as you spend a lot of money on fuel with this job, you can claim all of it back against your tax though!Management is good here, helpful and listens to drivers. If you are a good driver you will get more routes and can easily take home at least £700+ a week if your depot has the work available. People say it's not well paid to deliver for Amazon but it is, if you file your accounts properly and manage your money well.Would 100% recommend anyone to work here, the manager is flexible if you have children or need a day off as well, tries to treat drivers with courtesy and make sure everyone has a good work-life balance.Vehicle damage repair costs are not excessive for work done as well, especially considering it's carried out in Acton, London! If you dent and scrap the side of a van it's only going to cost about £250 max for the repair, rather than thousands some other companies charge.

Pros

Free water, hats, food, torches and charging cables

Cons

Long hours, customers can be abusive (rarely)

A company that looks after it's employees and has very good working conditions.

Happy to work for SBL Couriers, this conpany provided me a workplace when I couldn't find one and has supported me during my time working with then. Definetly recommend to everyone.

Your just a number

If you want no family life and no respectBiast treatment skimming the wages any chance they get. Charge you high price for a van and if you manage to save get your own van then you will start getting less work. It's as if they don't want you to earn a decent bit of money. But don't take my word for it you can experience it first hand if you want. BAD FOR BUSINESS MATE

Pros

Cons

Slave labour

Great company to work for

I have been working for SBL for about a year now, for weighbridge depot, and I never been so happy, my payments are done on time, the on-site manager is really friendly and listens to all his employees, he always available to us, no matter what time you call him, he is doing a great job keeping everyone happy, overall I would highly recommend SBL to all my family and friends

productive

I've worked for SBL couriers in Swindon depot for a year and half, I've learnt my delivery capabilities with full efficiency. My manager is very supportive when needed either by the phone or in person. Weekly payments are paid exactly on time, sometimes even earlier before Friday which is a plus. I'm happy to be part of SBL

Is a good place to work, I find that I am able to afford everything I need and more.Not many jobs will employ with such low requirement, only need less than 6 points and no driving convictions and is all fine.Nowhere will take low skilled drivers with no qualifications and pay this much £ in this area (Norwich).The job is hard work for some, but if you are organised and on time, everything is fine.I have worked with alot of people here from all over the world, and it doesn't matter where they are from, as long as they have a good attitude they can achieve.I know my manager currently was promoted from being a driver so there is a way to progress forward in the company if you put in the work.

Pros

Lots of bonuses at peak times, flexible working hours, inclusive of all races, Vans cheaper to rent than other companies in Norwich

Cons

Long driving, if you dont like driving dont do the job!

Productive and fun work place

Working for SBL made me believe that anything is possible due tot the proffesionalism that they are working with and treat things.Always there to help and support in any query that I ever had and always tried to make in such a way to make both sides win.Money are great and we always take bonusses, fact that makes SBL a even a greater company to work for.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Work load

productive

a very good company with lots of prospects. The board treats all individuals with respect and everyone is appreciated. There is scope to grow within the company. I speak from experience as I started off as a driver and now I am an OSM. The board invests heavily in the company so they definitely have a bright future.

Pros

Fun environment. Team meetings at Central Office regularly to improve us

Amazing Workplace

I have been work with SBL Couriers for almost 3 years and that is a company that offers you the opportunity to grow, you feel comfortable with the environment. If you planning to work with a company that cares about the employees come to us.

Been working in different delivery companies SBL is way ahed of all of them cheap van rentals and the best pay rate - always spot on ! Very nice and friendly managment team they are always there to help

Great company to work for!

I have worked for a few different companies as a courier never being financially successful until I came to SBL.Pay is always correct and on time, company vans are in great condition, management makes sure to look out for you on the road and does their best to support you where needed and the on going training is great!

Fantastic Job

I been working for SBL for less than a year and I’m so happy I find this job, it did challenge me to be Self-Employed something that I always wanted, they support you each step of the process and you always receive a polite and nice treatment for all of your colleagues, I strongly recommend to work with this company if you looking for a fantastic paid job and life balance this job gives you freedom in life and financial.

Pros

Flexible and great money

Amazing workplace to learn and grow!

It's amazing to be part of SBL couriers as the journey so far has been full of learning, competitive challenges and fun. It's my first job in the UK and loving it the experience. The colleagues are amazing and always ensure to make you comfortable in every situation which makes your professional journey pleasant. The leadership teams leaves no stone unturned in recognise your hard work and reward you accordingly and that's what an employee needs from their employer. A little appreciation or a thank you note can do wonders. I would highly recommend SBL couriers who wants to make a difference to an organisation and grow at the same time. I am extremely happy to be part of this journey and would continue the same!

Cons

Na

Great and supportive management

I started working for SBL in the middle of December 2020. The recruitment process was easy and quick. I work with a good team working out of DS01 depot with an excellent site manager who is very helpful, supportive and understanding. There is a good degree of flexibility when taking days off and the pay is paid regularly on time every week. The working day is no longer than my previous job and I feel far more relaxed and healthy having come from a "desk job". It can be hard work but it is rewarding.

Pros

Flexible working

good management

the work life balance is rarely good for the job, plus having a company van is good to use for what i want. the money is good for a 6 hour day of working making over £190 a day.

Pros

company van

one of the best companies to work for

Since I’ve been working with sbl i have learned a lot. I get to work with a great team who are very helpful. What I like about working here, is that every day is different. Payments are always on time

Pros

Payment

Very Good company!

I have been working with this company for over a year and it’s been one of my best decision joining SBL all members are very helpful , perfect work environment , amazing Team work fully recommended.

Cons

Don't be fooled by the advert

SBL are a van rental company 1st. You sign up to a contract that allows them to make deductions from your pay without discussion.There is NO GUARANTEE of work daily and quite often you are told 30 mins before start time that Amazon orders are low so you are not required.You pay for the van for 7 days regardless of whether you work or not. Any scratches or damage is charged at their rate to repair and you'll have to travel to London or Swindon to collect.You are paid 0.17p a mile for work, which doesn't cover your fuel. Making £190 a day is not possible unless you finish in 5 hours, do a few hours support and get the full Amazon bonus.Just be aware of these facts when you sign up.Driving multi stop routes is hard work, come into it with eyes open.SBL communication is generally poor and more reactivate than proactive.

Pros

Some flexibility

Cons

Poor pay, poor communication, harsh penalties

Poor

No understanding of the employees needs, unprofessional relations between staff and and employees, training wasn’t giving properly and they leave you out there by yourself with no care whatsoever if you have any issues on the roads.

The worst place to work

All five stars are fake accounts! Its the worst company to work on.. No good communication, not pay well for your job and they say different things first and after they change them.. No answer calls.. Bad communication.. Be careful everyone!

Cons

Bad communication, lies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SBL Couriers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7Job security/advancement