SBL Couriers
Happiness score is 52 out of 100

SBL Couriers Employee Reviews

United Kingdom114 reviews

vandepotroutedriverchargepaymentmoneyweek

It's good place to work if head office management helps you

It's nice place to work I am working with them more then 2 years now believe me have your own van other wise if you hire from them they ripped you off when you give your van back because of van damage problem is not that they shouldn't charge problem is that they have they own garage and they repair all those van him self and the repairs they do its very low class and they should give relief to the driver because we work as team but for them money comes 1st thats all

Do not join

I would not recommend working for this company. 3 different payroll companies in 2 months says a lot. Management is an absolute shambles. Quality of life is appalling. Massive work load for the pay your getting. The way the whole process works is not efficient and very organised. In the short time I was there, many people came and went, most are stuck there because they have dependents and can’t leave until they have a position else where secured. They cram your vans until parcels are damaged and expect you to deliver them to customers and take the blame. Pay always arrives late. The list goes on. If you are thinking about joining SBL, do not join. Better off at DPD or a groceries delivery company.

Pros

No Pros

Cons

All Cons

Insights into SBL Couriers

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Energising work tasks

Perfect working environment

I’ve been working with SBL for the past two years and it’s been an amazing adventure. The company keeps growing daily providing top quality delivery services. If you are looking for a career as a courier you wouldn’t find a better place for yourself.

Very fun work place

The company is very good to work at, very understanding regards their workers. The job itself is pretty straightforward and very easy.If you looking for a job with a lot of flexible hours. This is it.Great pay as well 👍🏻

Best workplace

I m with Sbl Couriers for 2 years and i m very happy and would recommend from all my heart , best job i had it in my life , very good wages , helpful management and team !

Fast Growing logistics business with lots of earning potential & paid weekly!

Hard work is rewarded, so havn't regretted joining SBL. Fast paced and a good workplace culture. Got the opportunity for promotion and havn't looked back!!

Pros

Salary and flexible working

Although challenging , but i enjoy working with the team I have .The managers are incredible and understanding in all times and situations and great training as well

Fast paced logistics bussiness which pays well

Hi, really good company to work for, so far got only good expierience, friendly and helpful staff. Competitive pay, good working hours, flexible rota.

Good company to work for

If you understand that you are self employed and take advantage of working as many days as you can and being flexible then you can make good money being a driver here. I on around £1800/2000 a month with 5 day working.

Worst company in UK

That company never pay your deposit l, and never keep agreements, very stressful and long days, every day in a different place I never ever again work for this trash company

Pros

Don’t have

Cons

Love working for the company !!!! Started as a delivery driver

Working for the company is great, I started as a driver and my objective was to make money, I can tell you from personal experienced that if you work 5-6 days a week and you are hungry for money then you will make money, a lot of it.

Pros

Great working environment

Cons

Have to be punctual at all times haha

Terrible, poor organisation, poor pay

Inconsistent work, unreliable pay, poor management and even worse senior team. Communication was the worst I have experienced ever and you get passed around from person to person usually with no resolution.

Pros

I don't work for them anymore

Cons

Too many to list

You work a lot and earn little. in addition to the difficulty in receiving your money.

this company just deceived its workers, promising high earnings, but the van rental and diesel is you who pays. promise of a good and smooth route, this happens in the first two weeks, after that they will give you 3 routes in one. they will force you to leave 2 or 3 weeks of deposit, which is ridiculous, and when paying they are late, or there are always outstanding amounts, and you will never receive it. Dishonest company, it creates problems and breakdowns in the vans, for you to pay out of pocket, they charge you for insurance, but they do the service in their own company. and when you decide to leave the company, wait for your deposit, they will invent a thousand excuses not to pay you. run away from this company.I do not recommend.

Pros

I don't see any advantage in working for this company. run away from this trap.

Cons

long hours, high demand for work and little money. Too many responsibilities for a garbage salary.

Headache most of time

First year in Reading was alright with work volume, life balance and pay, but now everything is opposite from what they promised. Was 5-6 working days with 200-230 parcels (130-170 stops) now it’s 250-300 parcels (160-190stops). Most of time van is overpack when barley can close the van doors. Start time mid day and have to work till 20:00,21:00 o clock! Route are awful! Amazon flex app is buggy and crushing all the time. Amazon does absolutely nothing! Get frequent route cuts! Cant plan free time at all! Management works unprofessionally! Don’t be involved in this…. Big regrets only!

Not a regular work.

Not much of regular work, you might work less than they say you will.They say you self employed and can bework when you want. Try not to work Saturdays and Sundays. You won't get work during the week.

Pros

Paid on time

Cons

Long days, lots of work

Good for temp work

I enjoyed working here. Pay was good. However, parcels weren’t distributed fairly meaning some finish much earlier for same pay. Too many drivers, not enough work. No work, no pay. Routes are constantly changing, by the time you get to know the area, you’re moved to another one. Ambiguous rules. Van hire £200 per week. Fuel refunded but works out only half. £30 admin charge on tickets.If you just get on with it, you can earn. Very active job.

Fast paced target oriented

A good company to work with a friendly associates and managers.All issues and problems have beeb taken care of resolved in a timely manner.Overall a compnay that looks after its employees.

Horrible place to work

The shifts are few and thin between even though your promised 5 days a week.They withheld my wages and left me without money for nearly a month and it’s impossible to speak to anyone about it you just get passed around between ‘departments’ and end up getting no where. They make false promises and constantly threaten your job for ‘bad performance’ Highly recommend if your applying you withdraw your application and apply elsewhere.

Pros

Non

Fast paced and well paid

I've been working out of DNR1 in Norwich now for 10 months, I quit my job in the offshore marine industry for this and I wouldn't look back. Anyone applying should register for VAT and make sure they have self employed stuff sorted out, as you spend a lot of money on fuel with this job, you can claim all of it back against your tax though!Management is good here, helpful and listens to drivers. If you are a good driver you will get more routes and can easily take home at least £700+ a week if your depot has the work available. People say it's not well paid to deliver for Amazon but it is, if you file your accounts properly and manage your money well.Would 100% recommend anyone to work here, the manager is flexible if you have children or need a day off as well, tries to treat drivers with courtesy and make sure everyone has a good work-life balance.Vehicle damage repair costs are not excessive for work done as well, especially considering it's carried out in Acton, London! If you dent and scrap the side of a van it's only going to cost about £250 max for the repair, rather than thousands some other companies charge.

Pros

Free water, hats, food, torches and charging cables

Cons

Long hours, customers can be abusive (rarely)

A company that looks after it's employees and has very good working conditions.

Happy to work for SBL Couriers, this conpany provided me a workplace when I couldn't find one and has supported me during my time working with then. Definetly recommend to everyone.

Your just a number

If you want no family life and no respectBiast treatment skimming the wages any chance they get. Charge you high price for a van and if you manage to save get your own van then you will start getting less work. It's as if they don't want you to earn a decent bit of money. But don't take my word for it you can experience it first hand if you want. BAD FOR BUSINESS MATE

Pros

Cons

Slave labour

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SBL Couriers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement