SBL Couriers
Happiness score is 51 out of 100

SBL Couriers Employee Reviews

United Kingdom105 reviews

It's good place to work if head office management helps you

It's nice place to work I am working with them more then 2 years now believe me have your own van other wise if you hire from them they ripped you off when you give your van back because of van damage problem is not that they shouldn't charge problem is that they have they own garage and they repair all those van him self and the repairs they do its very low class and they should give relief to the driver because we work as team but for them money comes 1st thats all

Terrible, poor organisation, poor pay

Inconsistent work, unreliable pay, poor management and even worse senior team. Communication was the worst I have experienced ever and you get passed around from person to person usually with no resolution.

Pros

I don't work for them anymore

Cons

Too many to list

Insights into SBL Couriers

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Energising work tasks

You work a lot and earn little. in addition to the difficulty in receiving your money.

this company just deceived its workers, promising high earnings, but the van rental and diesel is you who pays. promise of a good and smooth route, this happens in the first two weeks, after that they will give you 3 routes in one. they will force you to leave 2 or 3 weeks of deposit, which is ridiculous, and when paying they are late, or there are always outstanding amounts, and you will never receive it. Dishonest company, it creates problems and breakdowns in the vans, for you to pay out of pocket, they charge you for insurance, but they do the service in their own company. and when you decide to leave the company, wait for your deposit, they will invent a thousand excuses not to pay you. run away from this company.I do not recommend.

Pros

I don't see any advantage in working for this company. run away from this trap.

Cons

long hours, high demand for work and little money. Too many responsibilities for a garbage salary.

Headache most of time

First year in Reading was alright with work volume, life balance and pay, but now everything is opposite from what they promised. Was 5-6 working days with 200-230 parcels (130-170 stops) now it’s 250-300 parcels (160-190stops). Most of time van is overpack when barley can close the van doors. Start time mid day and have to work till 20:00,21:00 o clock! Route are awful! Amazon flex app is buggy and crushing all the time. Amazon does absolutely nothing! Get frequent route cuts! Cant plan free time at all! Management works unprofessionally! Don’t be involved in this…. Big regrets only!

Excelent!

This is the best company i've worked with, they are very responsive, they use this app called Karavelo, I can see all my invoices and payments they provide you with full transparency, best company!

Not a regular work.

Not much of regular work, you might work less than they say you will.They say you self employed and can bework when you want. Try not to work Saturdays and Sundays. You won't get work during the week.

Pros

Paid on time

Cons

Long days, lots of work

Good for temp work

I enjoyed working here. Pay was good. However, parcels weren’t distributed fairly meaning some finish much earlier for same pay. Too many drivers, not enough work. No work, no pay. Routes are constantly changing, by the time you get to know the area, you’re moved to another one. Ambiguous rules. Van hire £200 per week. Fuel refunded but works out only half. £30 admin charge on tickets.If you just get on with it, you can earn. Very active job.

Fast paced target oriented

A good company to work with a friendly associates and managers.All issues and problems have beeb taken care of resolved in a timely manner.Overall a compnay that looks after its employees.

Horrible place to work

The shifts are few and thin between even though your promised 5 days a week.They withheld my wages and left me without money for nearly a month and it’s impossible to speak to anyone about it you just get passed around between ‘departments’ and end up getting no where. They make false promises and constantly threaten your job for ‘bad performance’ Highly recommend if your applying you withdraw your application and apply elsewhere.

Pros

Non

Fast paced and well paid

I've been working out of DNR1 in Norwich now for 10 months, I quit my job in the offshore marine industry for this and I wouldn't look back. Anyone applying should register for VAT and make sure they have self employed stuff sorted out, as you spend a lot of money on fuel with this job, you can claim all of it back against your tax though!Management is good here, helpful and listens to drivers. If you are a good driver you will get more routes and can easily take home at least £700+ a week if your depot has the work available. People say it's not well paid to deliver for Amazon but it is, if you file your accounts properly and manage your money well.Would 100% recommend anyone to work here, the manager is flexible if you have children or need a day off as well, tries to treat drivers with courtesy and make sure everyone has a good work-life balance.Vehicle damage repair costs are not excessive for work done as well, especially considering it's carried out in Acton, London! If you dent and scrap the side of a van it's only going to cost about £250 max for the repair, rather than thousands some other companies charge.

Pros

Free water, hats, food, torches and charging cables

Cons

Long hours, customers can be abusive (rarely)

A company that looks after it's employees and has very good working conditions.

Happy to work for SBL Couriers, this conpany provided me a workplace when I couldn't find one and has supported me during my time working with then. Definetly recommend to everyone.

Your just a number

If you want no family life and no respectBiast treatment skimming the wages any chance they get. Charge you high price for a van and if you manage to save get your own van then you will start getting less work. It's as if they don't want you to earn a decent bit of money. But don't take my word for it you can experience it first hand if you want. BAD FOR BUSINESS MATE

Pros

Cons

Slave labour

Great company to work for

I have been working for SBL for about a year now, for weighbridge depot, and I never been so happy, my payments are done on time, the on-site manager is really friendly and listens to all his employees, he always available to us, no matter what time you call him, he is doing a great job keeping everyone happy, overall I would highly recommend SBL to all my family and friends

productive

I've worked for SBL couriers in Swindon depot for a year and half, I've learnt my delivery capabilities with full efficiency. My manager is very supportive when needed either by the phone or in person. Weekly payments are paid exactly on time, sometimes even earlier before Friday which is a plus. I'm happy to be part of SBL

Is a good place to work, I find that I am able to afford everything I need and more.Not many jobs will employ with such low requirement, only need less than 6 points and no driving convictions and is all fine.Nowhere will take low skilled drivers with no qualifications and pay this much £ in this area (Norwich).The job is hard work for some, but if you are organised and on time, everything is fine.I have worked with alot of people here from all over the world, and it doesn't matter where they are from, as long as they have a good attitude they can achieve.I know my manager currently was promoted from being a driver so there is a way to progress forward in the company if you put in the work.

Pros

Lots of bonuses at peak times, flexible working hours, inclusive of all races, Vans cheaper to rent than other companies in Norwich

Cons

Long driving, if you dont like driving dont do the job!

Productive and fun work place

Working for SBL made me believe that anything is possible due tot the proffesionalism that they are working with and treat things.Always there to help and support in any query that I ever had and always tried to make in such a way to make both sides win.Money are great and we always take bonusses, fact that makes SBL a even a greater company to work for.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Work load

productive

a very good company with lots of prospects. The board treats all individuals with respect and everyone is appreciated. There is scope to grow within the company. I speak from experience as I started off as a driver and now I am an OSM. The board invests heavily in the company so they definitely have a bright future.

Pros

Fun environment. Team meetings at Central Office regularly to improve us

Amazing Workplace

I have been work with SBL Couriers for almost 3 years and that is a company that offers you the opportunity to grow, you feel comfortable with the environment. If you planning to work with a company that cares about the employees come to us.

Been working in different delivery companies SBL is way ahed of all of them cheap van rentals and the best pay rate - always spot on ! Very nice and friendly managment team they are always there to help

Great company to work for!

I have worked for a few different companies as a courier never being financially successful until I came to SBL.Pay is always correct and on time, company vans are in great condition, management makes sure to look out for you on the road and does their best to support you where needed and the on going training is great!

Fantastic Job

I been working for SBL for less than a year and I’m so happy I find this job, it did challenge me to be Self-Employed something that I always wanted, they support you each step of the process and you always receive a polite and nice treatment for all of your colleagues, I strongly recommend to work with this company if you looking for a fantastic paid job and life balance this job gives you freedom in life and financial.

Pros

Flexible and great money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SBL Couriers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement