SBL Couriers

SBL Couriers Employee Reviews

Worked for about 3 weeks with a new management team. I was slow in my routes but always got fantastic support from the route managers. Eventually, I left with no hard feelings because I was supported throughout.
Pros
Great support
Cons
Really hard graft for some but possible to do well
All five stars are fake accounts! Its the worst company to work on.. No good communication, not pay well for your job and they say different things first and after they change them.. No answer calls.. Bad communication.. Be careful everyone!
Cons
Bad communication, lies
You never take what they say, you better believe nothing from what they say. In the begging, they tell you that they will give you a bunch of money but the reality is completely different actually you are going to work for them as a slave without earning anything. if you rent a van they will charge you even you don't have any dmg on it. if you crash you pay 1.2K just because you claim the accident and then you pay and your van damage.IF YOU DONT WANNA GET ON DEPT STAY AWAY! THEY SHOULD BE BANNED AS A COMPANY! WORST JOB EVER! THEY ARE NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU WHAT THEY TELL YOU THEY JUST GONNA TAKE YOU MORE AND MORE! IM TRYING TO SAVE YOU BEFORE YOU GET THERE! THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE WHO GOT IN THE TRAP! ALSO, THEY SEND YOU THE TICKETS WHEN YOU LEAVE THE COMPANY SO YOU DONT HAVE EVEN THE CHANCE TO PAY IT HALF PRICE!
Pros
Cons
Big loss of time and money
Worst courier company to work for management Absolutely USELESS tells you on the day mo shift them calls you to come in but wait for a phone call that you don't receive c
Absolutely the most rubbish company to work for, they steal your hard earned money, always looking forward ways to rip u off and the review given by the person who claims to work for the company for 6 years and saved for a mortgage is a FAKE REVIEW that’s was done by some one in management. This is because they have too many drivers and not enough work. There priority is to rent you a van so they can make money and then charge you for all damages on top of the already damaged vans!
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Steal your money
work is very stressful. the pay is very low .. they notify you the night before at 9 pm to start work the next day at 6 am. there is no rota .. they give you a van already broken and then they charge you for the damages .. you have to pay 200 pounds a week for the rental of the van and pay the diesel you have to deliver 300 packages a day. and if you don't make it, they take away 25 pounds .. and a not very serious company
Very disappointed with this company, they don’t respect their employees, charge them for everything. The managers are very rude with the drivers, don’t give them information about the service charges.
Worst experience in my life, waited a whole week to receive the hire van. Then was told there was not any work available on the second week of work. End up spending £20-£25 a day on petrol which is not fully reimbursed, have to pay Dartford crossing charge, all of which were not told until we started. Had 3 different managers in the space of 2 weeks. You receive payment 3 weeks in arrears, and they hold a £500 deposit for 28 days after you return your hire van back to them, try to ask management anything payment related and receive the same response every time, "But you signed the contract".
Pros
Newer hire vans
Cons
Too many to list.
Me and my partner have been working here for around 6 years now and I must say they have been the best 6 years of our lives. Job is easy, relaxing, and stress free. What I love mostly about the job is that we are our own bosses and work when ever we choose so we can spend real quality time with our young daughter, drop her off and pick her up from school, what other jobs alow you to do that. In the time we have been here earning £50 shy of £1,000(each) a week, we have managed to save up a good deposit and secure ourselves a nice mortgage and buy ourselves a nice 3 bedroom house around the woodcote estate in wallington. We live next door to a young couple, one is a doctor and one is a dentist, and they can not believe we earn nearly as much as they do sometimes more with bonuses. And all from just driving a van around for a few hours a day when we feel like it. We are now saving up more money so we can have a loft done and a basement dug out with a cinema room. This would never be possible without this job as me and my partner have no qualifications what so ever.
Cons
This is a very stressful job, as SBL don't give you the best returns for the job. They charge £190-210 a week for van rental and charge a fortune if you so much a scratch or dent the van, which is deducted from your pay check, without them asking in advance.
Pros
Self empoyed, so choose what days to work
Cons
Long hours and pay docks
Very good place to work with nice management very good enviroment.It is very nice to be appart of a big team like SBL. I will recomand it to my friends.
This is a best company to work for the on site Manager are very helpful and understanding. Highly recommend to work for them. Daily you will be able to finish within 7-8 hours and the hardest part of the job is when just you will deliver on bad weather in my opinion.
Pros
A good company to work for..
Cons
I think if you work with the best guys (managers) everything else doesn’t really matters......personally (driver) I’m very happy with the place and the environment.... Top team and best guys in Maidstone depo Big thank you to them as they are trying their best for us .
Pros
Perfect
Cons
Perfect
Although you can decide how long you take to deliver the parcels, if you get side tracked, you will see that you fall behind and may require support. Some routes require a lot of walking whereas others don’t.
Pros
Good money, relaxed environment
Cons
Work load may seem a lot on some days.
this company is a good one with a wonderful team from the bottom to the top with understanding managers because you take your days off as you wish. The salary package is fine for the moment so don't hesitate to come here if you want a job in the field of deliveries
Pros
I've worked for SBL couriers in Enfield depot for a year and half, I've learnt my delivery capabilities with full efficiency. My manager is very supportive when needed either by the phone or in person. Weekly payments are paid exactly on time, sometimes even earlier before Friday which is a plus. I'm happy to be part of SBL and happy to work
Pros
Payments are efficient in a timely manner
You work very hard with no time for breaks if you do the job properly. Your charged for van repairs which should be covered by your insurance. There are times you might have to split a route as not enough work for everyone.
Pros
New van
Cons
Don’t get paid if off
I'm working for SBL just under a year now, and can't complain a lot.They pay slightly more than other contractor companies. Fuel is paid full by Amazon rates from depot and back to it.You can often get some extra job on top of your route, which is usually paid good. Can be offered to help out onother depot, mostly have to travel further, but you're getting paid extra rate on top for the help. Team and manager is friendly and always helpful. I like that I can choose my days off,but be prepared to do some Sundays.
Pros
Can choose your days off
Cons
Sometimes can be offered to help out onother depot to cover fift or sixt day in a week.
Since I’ve been working with sbl i have learned a lot. I get to work with a great team who are very helpful. What i like about working here, is that everyday is different. Payments are always on time
He is always a person who guides you and what you need to do better and whenever you need help they are very corect I'm always by your side with good advice
Cons
every day is not the same but 5days a week which is good. Better life balance you can ask for your off days on your own whenever you want. 👍highly recommended
Pros
good manager 👍
Cons
No cons
  1. Employee reviews