SBL Couriers

SBL Couriers Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.7Pay & benefits

Good company and goog team

this company is a good one with a wonderful team from the bottom to the top with understanding managers because you take your days off as you wish. The salary package is fine for the moment so don't hesitate to come here if you want a job in the field of deliveries

Your just a number

If you want no family life and no respectBiast treatment skimming the wages any chance they get. Charge you high price for a van and if you manage to save get your own van then you will start getting less work. It's as if they don't want you to earn a decent bit of money. But don't take my word for it you can experience it first hand if you want. BAD FOR BUSINESS MATE

Pros

Cons

Slave labour

Is a good place to work, I find that I am able to afford everything I need and more.Not many jobs will employ with such low requirement, only need less than 6 points and no driving convictions and is all fine.Nowhere will take low skilled drivers with no qualifications and pay this much £ in this area (Norwich).The job is hard work for some, but if you are organised and on time, everything is fine.I have worked with alot of people here from all over the world, and it doesn't matter where they are from, as long as they have a good attitude they can achieve.I know my manager currently was promoted from being a driver so there is a way to progress forward in the company if you put in the work.

Pros

Lots of bonuses at peak times, flexible working hours, inclusive of all races, Vans cheaper to rent than other companies in Norwich

Cons

Long driving, if you dont like driving dont do the job!

Productive and fun work place

Working for SBL made me believe that anything is possible due tot the proffesionalism that they are working with and treat things.Always there to help and support in any query that I ever had and always tried to make in such a way to make both sides win.Money are great and we always take bonusses, fact that makes SBL a even a greater company to work for.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Work load

Don't be fooled by the advert

SBL are a van rental company 1st. You sign up to a contract that allows them to make deductions from your pay without discussion.There is NO GUARANTEE of work daily and quite often you are told 30 mins before start time that Amazon orders are low so you are not required.You pay for the van for 7 days regardless of whether you work or not. Any scratches or damage is charged at their rate to repair and you'll have to travel to London or Swindon to collect.You are paid 0.17p a mile for work, which doesn't cover your fuel. Making £190 a day is not possible unless you finish in 5 hours, do a few hours support and get the full Amazon bonus.Just be aware of these facts when you sign up.Driving multi stop routes is hard work, come into it with eyes open.SBL communication is generally poor and more reactivate than proactive.

Pros

Some flexibility

Cons

Poor pay, poor communication, harsh penalties

Best paid job in the country

Me and my partner have been working here for around 6 years now and I must say they have been the best 6 years of our lives. Job is easy, relaxing, and stress free. What I love mostly about the job is that we are our own bosses and work when ever we choose so we can spend real quality time with our young daughter, drop her off and pick her up from school, what other jobs alow you to do that. In the time we have been here earning £50 shy of £1,000(each) a week, we have managed to save up a good deposit and secure ourselves a nice mortgage and buy ourselves a nice 3 bedroom house around the woodcote estate in wallington. We live next door to a young couple, one is a doctor and one is a dentist, and they can not believe we earn nearly as much as they do sometimes more with bonuses. And all from just driving a van around for a few hours a day when we feel like it. We are now saving up more money so we can have a loft done and a basement dug out with a cinema room. This would never be possible without this job as me and my partner have no qualifications what so ever.

Stressful!

This is a very stressful job, as SBL don't give you the best returns for the job. They charge £190-210 a week for van rental and charge a fortune if you so much a scratch or dent the van, which is deducted from your pay check, without them asking in advance.

Pros

Self empoyed, so choose what days to work

Cons

Long hours and pay docks

Relaxed job but can be time consuming

Although you can decide how long you take to deliver the parcels, if you get side tracked, you will see that you fall behind and may require support. Some routes require a lot of walking whereas others don’t.

Pros

Good money, relaxed environment

Cons

Work load may seem a lot on some days.

Not the best

You work very hard with no time for breaks if you do the job properly. Your charged for van repairs which should be covered by your insurance. There are times you might have to split a route as not enough work for everyone.

Pros

New van

Cons

Don’t get paid if off

Best delivery company I've worked for

I'm working for SBL just under a year now, and can't complain a lot.They pay slightly more than other contractor companies. Fuel is paid full by Amazon rates from depot and back to it.You can often get some extra job on top of your route, which is usually paid good. Can be offered to help out onother depot, mostly have to travel further, but you're getting paid extra rate on top for the help. Team and manager is friendly and always helpful. I like that I can choose my days off,but be prepared to do some Sundays.

Pros

Can choose your days off

Cons

Sometimes can be offered to help out onother depot to cover fift or sixt day in a week.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at SBL Couriers?

Con artists

They deducted money for no reason, don’t pay first week pay and can’t give proof, charge you for support when you don’t get it or ask to give money to friends and colleagues, do not always ask if you want to work the next day so you get an unwanted and unpaid day off, some time’s your on to work but get told there is not enough work for everyone and you will need to split a route or take a day off.

Pros

You get a modern van probably with a few dentist

Cons

Get charged for everything.

Good company to work for

Great company and management, hard work but rewarding. Very supportive of your needs. They are very flexible and the managers at the Enfield depot are friendly and approachable.

Pros

Good pay, flexible, good management

Cons

More work the better

Love working in this friendly environment

Been working with SBL for little while, can't say how perfect my life is. Salary is very good, paymens ontime, very friendly and helpful. For me personally it is a dream come true.

Pros

Help is available whenever you need, and salary is great

Cons

You got to be fast

Working with a good team

Good team ethic and the job does keep you on your toes. The vans they provide are new and always maintained at a fair standard. Managers always very supportive and making sure you have all what you need for the job (very attentive).

Pros

Good team ethic and good managers

Cons

Money is not the best

ok

OK job. You need to be fit, patient and accept the hours. Paid weekly after 3 weeks but if you have their van, you will also pay £500 deposit which is deducted from your wages..

Nice

Nice and fun! Easy job good pay,........................................ ..... Good h, you load AT 10 and finish AT 5, extra rout pay well. I like this job

Good job

Good job! Easy to doing after one two weeks experience . Very good money , which coming always on time. Cool manager , nice colloquies. I enjoying to work it.

Pros

Good money

Good Compan

Job interesting and very responsable,but with some issues,like penalty tickets issued during the shift(working)...That's why the payment should be a bit increased,so the Drivers don't lose money when they work and pay the penalty tickets...

Pros

Active and healthy job.

Cons

Paying parking traffic tickets

It's a good job

A good job, where we all do very well, we have a good management both in the depot, as in the deliveries, any problem, we have good methods to solve, I and I am happy with this job, as long as I remember this exists I don't want another job

Fun courier job

Working for sbl has been great since the start good money and easy work, always pay on time management is excellent, delivering for Amazon is easy and fun

Pros

Wages

Cons

Sometimes long hoursl

Nothing to say

I have nothing to say and here is nothing to read All I can say SBL is a good company and good people With good team mates Nothing to loose and always pay on time

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SBL Couriers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7Job security/advancement

Compare SBL Couriers with

• SBL Couriers
  • Pay & benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?