Scania

Scania Employee Reviews

A market leader in its field. Manufacturer of heavy trucks, coaches, buses and Industrial and Marine engines. Sold throughout 100 world wide markets. Around 95,000 trucks sold in 2019.
Pros
Heavy trucks - premium product
Cons
No light light truck range
Your expected to work faster, harder, more efficient than is humanly possible with no recourses or time for low money. They pick their favourites and if you don’t fit in then don’t expect to get much help.
Pros
Cons
Hours, pay, on call, mandatory weekend work
Management doesn't have a clue wages aren't great but jobs steady. Not much over time other than every other saturday but call out rota if you want abit extra.
The company is very good at promoting that they care about their employees.This is far from true, All they care about is money. You are just a number to them!! Having said that the people I worked with were great! It's higher up the chain that spoil it! They don't give two hoots about the lower level workers as long as they are getting their fancy trips away and big bonuses! Would NEVER recommend working for them nor would I work for them again.
Pros
Cons
Higher level management is bad
Core values do not match what is experienced day to day. The culture is dehumanising and the attitude towards customers is that they are a problem to be ignored. This kind of mindset is rewarded whereas if you try to improve the situation you receive no support and are told to stay in your lane. Insufficient training and no advancement opportunities for current employees. Bad H&S protocols and now support from HR.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Long hours, no support
This is the worst company I have ever worked for! Especially the central finance department where the staff turnover is over 50%. The management are not qualified to do the job, there is no training and support at all! If they don't like you, they will destroy you. People either leave or are sacked and up with depression. If you are a good "game player" you might survive. Avoid this place if you want to be happy in your job!!!!!!!
My depot was a great place to work, stressful, but the people made it great. Higher management were okay but head office had no sense of reality within the depots.
Very professional, polite, relatively fast paced and challenging company to work for. I would recommend scania anyone that is looking for a challenge. 5⭐
Excellent company to work with ,within the Commercial Vehicle Industry Constantly trying to improve employee conditions and very good regards ,environmental goals.
Generally a good company to work for. Do tend to put a lot of work on you but are improving there training and management teams all the time. Progress seems to be based on a who you know status rather than hard work and knowledge.
people in charge not properly trained man management skills not the best on call duties should be looked at due to amount of hours expected to work during this rota
As above - stay away from the Inverness branch. Ran by two brothers who have a neanderthal approach to modern day working. I did attend Scania specific courses down south and the culture was different.
Really lovely place to work. Modern and up to date. plenty of social activities, meetings and lovely people. Staff are really friendly. I was only a temporary contractor but was treated like all the permanent staff.The job was full on, time passed quickly the months I was there.
Loved working here company put me through my class 1 license management were great to get on with no 2 days were the same regret leaving the job I had here
I enjoyed my time workin at scania I learnt a lot An completed my apprenticeship there I left scania due to wanted to go travelling an see abit of the world an I am back An ready to settle back down into a full time job
This job role gave me many skills on a daily basis. This was a very customer service based role as I was using the telephone, answering and making calls as well as speaking to customers face to face. On the other hand, there are many other skills I developed while being in this role, I was on the computer most of the working day using this for admin purposes such as inputting customer data and using different Microsoft Office packages. Scania also use the system ‘Autoline Live 8.35’ that is used on a daily basis. This role gives me a lot of confidence in customer service.
Scania is good company they paid good and good friends inthe job I use work logistics reachtruck and heftruck so in my idea is good company especially zwolla
Never worked in such a terrible place, one of the employees saying disrespectful stuff which I wont say on here as it's that bad, his name is kay he works in the front office, very weird man, would never work for them again terrible.
Not a bad word to be said about Scania, fantastic company to work for. Would happily return if given the chance. Great example of a together workforce working together to achieve their goals.
Pros
togetherness
Cons
distance from home (not company's fault)
Great company great management good working environment but not keeping up with the cost of living. If you are looking for training and improving as a technician then this is the company to be at .
Scania was a great company to work for. Their downfall was that it was difficult to implement new ideas and processor, I believe the reason for this was because most of the management have been there for 20 years and over.
  1. Employee reviews