Scania

Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

The best company I’ve worked for so far in my life.

A perfect structured company and a brilliant new building at MK. Honestly, I can’t say anything negative at my time at Scania. Working here made me feel so comfortable.

Pros

Brilliant work environment. Awesome and caring management. Not a single flaw that I can pick.

Cons

The only thing that I would have preferred was if my hours were fixed and not shift.

Productive well paid

Money was good but want there pound of flesh for it the workshop is dated only one pit in a six bay workshop wasnt a lot of investment going into workshop to keep it in a modern state you was pretty much forced to work on bank holidays no organisation as the breakdown rotas and breakdown protocol was very dated was concerned the work had outgrown the workshop so you find yourself working outside at times about the only good thing about the place was the money and the overalls

Pros

Lunch is paid

Cons

Management treatment

Not a flair company to work for

The mangers are bullies and you’re just a number working there al they about is how until it’s back on the road not caring about your health having brake ect I was at the Gatwick depot and it’s the worst place I’ve ever worked

Decent company but ruined by management

Big boys club, alot of gossiping and back stabbing especially from management. If you have an opinion or disagree with instruction you are blacklisted. Massive emphasis on time management and efficiency but very hard to achieve as workshop is so badly run. A lot of promises made at interview that don't happen. Only interested in getting jobs out asap. and getting paid instead of fixing it properly first time, told to let safety defects go and let vehicles back on road. Over book work on a weekly basis, especially at weekends and expect people to stay late to finish. Very high staff turnover

Cons

Management very poor

Working in a blame culture in fear of your position

Dreadful culture of treating staff with little or no respect.Manager thrived on fear culture with no encouragement shown to exceed and too quick to throw staff under the bus if you were not a favourite

Pros

Good value car lease plan after qualifying period

Cons

Working in a fear culture

Slow paced, weak management

The work is slow paced, the product is decent but the wages are the lowest in the industry. Scania still believe the privilege of working for their brand is worth more than a fair wage. The franchise dealers pay much better and have more rewards and benefits.Working hard will not be rewarded and you won't get promoted as management is an old boys club and they stick together, promoting friends and family over capable people. Office staff will be treated better and rewarded more than the workshop staff who actually generate the income.They continuously go on about being the "premium brand" but at the same time don't supply the workshop with enough equipment or PPE to last a full week and be safe. The brand and profits are infinitely more valuable to them than your well being.But, if you want an easy, no pressure workshop role, you can just cruise along doing the bare minimum and still get paid.

Pros

Decent product, low stress.

Cons

Poor wages, poor perks, management

Joke

Never worked at a place with so many superheroes They treat customers vehicles like dirt, constantly getting complaints about there work man ship!!Stay away

Great work colleagues

Quality brand so it was easy to promote, the scania assistance is 2nd to none, great work colleagues. As a service advisor within the workshop I Felt somewhat taken for granted and not really appreciated at times, but would work there again as work colleagues made it worthwhile.

Enjoyed my time at scania

A good company to work for. Good team work from all other colleagues. Good management they all had a good work ethic I would recommend this company to anyone looking for this type of work.

Pros

Great team

Cons

Nights

More work than time

Your expected to work faster, harder, more efficient than is humanly possible with no recourses or time for low money. They pick their favourites and if you don’t fit in then don’t expect to get much help.

Pros

Cons

Hours, pay, on call, mandatory weekend work

Nothing fun about it

Management doesn't have a clue wages aren't great but jobs steady. Not much over time other than every other saturday but call out rota if you want abit extra.

You are just a number

The company is very good at promoting that they care about their employees.This is far from true, All they care about is money. You are just a number to them!! Having said that the people I worked with were great! It's higher up the chain that spoil it! They don't give two hoots about the lower level workers as long as they are getting their fancy trips away and big bonuses! Would NEVER recommend working for them nor would I work for them again.

Pros

Cons

Higher level management is bad

No direction and bad attitudes

Core values do not match what is experienced day to day. The culture is dehumanising and the attitude towards customers is that they are a problem to be ignored. This kind of mindset is rewarded whereas if you try to improve the situation you receive no support and are told to stay in your lane. Insufficient training and no advancement opportunities for current employees. Bad H&S protocols and now support from HR.

Pros

Company car

Cons

Long hours, no support

Worst company ever

This is the worst company I have ever worked for! Especially the central finance department where the staff turnover is over 50%. The management are not qualified to do the job, there is no training and support at all! If they don't like you, they will destroy you. People either leave or are sacked and up with depression. If you are a good "game player" you might survive. Avoid this place if you want to be happy in your job!!!!!!!

My depot was a great place to work, stressful, but the people made it great. Higher management were okay but head office had no sense of reality within the depots.

Manufacturer of heavy trucks

A market leader in its field. Manufacturer of heavy trucks, coaches, buses and Industrial and Marine engines. Sold throughout 100 world wide markets. Around 95,000 trucks sold in 2019.

Pros

Heavy trucks - premium product

Cons

No light light truck range

Onwards and upwards.

Very professional, polite, relatively fast paced and challenging company to work for. I would recommend scania anyone that is looking for a challenge. 5⭐

Focus target driven company

Excellent company to work with ,within the Commercial Vehicle Industry Constantly trying to improve employee conditions and very good regards ,environmental goals.

Pretty good

Generally a good company to work for. Do tend to put a lot of work on you but are improving there training and management teams all the time. Progress seems to be based on a who you know status rather than hard work and knowledge.

high turn around of staff

people in charge not properly trained man management skills not the best on call duties should be looked at due to amount of hours expected to work during this rota

Excellent company - poor depot

As above - stay away from the Inverness branch. Ran by two brothers who have a neanderthal approach to modern day working. I did attend Scania specific courses down south and the culture was different.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scania. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Scania with

• Scania
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?