Scarborough Borough Council

Scarborough Borough Council Employee Reviews

United Kingdom9 reviews

Flexible around university

An interesting job with flexibility that enabled me to complete my degree. Enabled me to gain excellent communication skills. Very busy office in Whitby which required quick thinking and problem solving.

Environmental cleaning operative

Great management and employee relations, my role sadly was only seasonal but i can highly recommend working for this team

Pros

Working by the seaside and getting to meet all the happy holiday makers:)

Cons

I can not truthfully think of any negative comments to pass

Good Employer

On a daily basis I deal with telephone calls from members of the public, internal staff queries and external agencies such as the CAB and housing associations.

it was privatised for losing money wasi'nt it

I worked there before it was privatised so in all fairness i can not realy say anything because i worked there before this happend.

great place to work

there were no typical day as each day brought new challenges and problems that helped me become a better engineer with some of the best colleagues I have ever had.

Pros

good people

Cons

it got busy in high season

Productive and enjoyable workplace

A very easy and enjoyable summer season job good pay good atmosphere all together a great easy job

Pros

sociable good pay easy job good atmosphere between people

Fun Work Place

Meet some great people, Admin skills, Filing for the Technical Services Dept

Pros

Relaxing Admin Job

Cons

Could have been more challenging

Good employer to work for

Cut amenity grass in public areas, keeping a highly presentable standard. Learned to use grass cutting machinery safely and how to do lots of different gardening tasks. Management very good and engaged. Co-workers, much older age group, but got on well. Long hours of machine operation. Having a sense of freedom and seeing your efforts making a visual difference to the towns public areas.

Pros

Weekend & Evenings Free

Cons

Travel Costs

Fun

When I first arrived at the workplace, I was a little nervous of what was expected. While going on this work experienced I gained a lot of confidence from it. The hardest part of the job was advising customers on where to stay and the reasons why. After a couple of days I got better at it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scarborough Borough Council. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3